Hello!! thought I would introduce myself.....

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Hello!! thought I would introduce myself.....

Postby Horsecetra » Fri Sep 30, 2005 10:32 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hello everyone, I just thought i would introduce myself, seeing as I am new here!  i currently own 2 horses, Maximus and Dakota.  I have a 12 yr old son and a boyfriend/husband (too afraid to get married again, but he's just as good as a husband!) and we all live on 100 acreas.  I also have a Ragdoll cat and his name is Babe, and yes, he is VERY conceited, and a pet pigeon (my son had to have him  LOL) who is actually quite pretty, his name is Devon - which he came up with by himself - he combined pigeon and dove, because he thought Devon was a dove at first.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have only been around horses for a short time, almost 3 yrs now, Maximus was my first horse, we got him when he was a yearling,  he is a PMU foal from Manitoba, and his life was literally spared by a week as he was scheduled for slaughter, but luckily there was a failed payment and someone else but up the entire herd of 80 horses (only one had to be put down) and found homes for 79 of them.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I can ride Western and English, although I do prefer English.  I have a trainer that helps me with Maximus and I am lucky she lives close by us.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am also a professional Snowcross racer in the CSRA race circuit.  When I started racing I had only been on a snowmobile for 2 yrs, my first year racing I was 3rd overall in Ontario, I tend to jump into things with both feet, lucky for me I am usually good at what I try.  I am hoping to find something that Maximus and I can compete in together so I can have a summer sport!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//happy.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horsecetra
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Brianna » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:27 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Welcome!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by Brianna on Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Fri Sep 30, 2005 11:27 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi there! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm in Barrie so we're not too far from each other! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Fri Sep 30, 2005 12:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Welcome to the board..warning..it is addictive ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:22 pm

graciespook wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Welcome to the board..warning..it is addictive ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#agreed....welcome - i see you've been posting quite a bit already.....it catches on quick!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Horsecetra » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanx all, and it is addicting!!  cant keep my fingers off the keyboard...hahaha  that and the fact I have no life at the moment seeing as I recently broke my ankle in 6 places, a computer is pretty much my only entertainment!  <sigh>  I havent seen my horses in 2 weeks!!  just been too sore to deal with the aggrevation and pain of stairs....this weekend i get to get out of the house as it doesnt hurt so bad, and i have stopped taking my meds, i do a happy dance but i know that would hurt..lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horsecetra
Newbies
Newbies

Postby babytigger » Fri Sep 30, 2005 1:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hetc - ouch!! that sucks!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Eileen » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:05 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Yes welcome to the board, lots going on here and as you can see noone is afraid to put in their  $1.02 worth .  Me included.  lol By the way about the pigeon and how it got its name....the pigeon is of the dove family in face in some areas it is called a rock dove....why I don't know...I have never seen one live in the rocks...but hey....whaddo I know....lol  But any way have fun...#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Chisholm » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Welcome to the board and enjoy!  Hope we hear lots from you.  Definetly a good place to spend your time with a busted up ankle.  I severely sprained mine last year  and spent a lot of my time on here.  I wasn't allowed to ride for 2 months and I survived!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Sodapoppers » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Welcome to the board! I live in Sutton, so i am almost right across the lake from you :D#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Welcome to the board!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You sound like a very busy person! And snowracing sounds neat- I don't know why I've never thought of it (because it makes sense) but I didn't know people actually raced them. Is it like a cross-country type course that you race through? or like an orienteering type course? (you have to find things along the way)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Sat Oct 01, 2005 7:43 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Welcome! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby zooka » Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:11 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#welcome, you sound like a busy person when you are not held up with your ankle!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Horsecetra » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:32 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanx again!!  very friendly place here!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Snocross is the equivalent to motocross, but of course on a snowmobile, we have the same type of course, with the hills and moguls.  Its fun but can be dangerous, I've had my share of spills, nothing serious tho.  the men in this sport are insane tho!!  some can end up 60 ft in the air!!  I can take air, and double jump, but i wont be racing this year....if you ever get a chance you should watch some, Canada has a race circuit with CSRA that goes all over Ontario, I've been to Ottawa, Huntsvillve, Peterborough, Barrie, Lindsay, and others i cant think of..  And Americans have the ASRA and WSA, actually WSA and CSRA are connected in some way now.  Anyways fun to do and fun to watch, if you ever watch, make sure you watch the mens pro stock division, you'll be blown away!!  I still am!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horsecetra
Newbies
Newbies

Postby goldendryad » Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:21 pm

Welcome sounds like you have plenty of pets and things to do. Riding horses in summer, snowmobiles in winter. Very cool.
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to The Lounge