OK! WHO'S EXCITED FOR SOME NHL?!

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

OK! WHO'S EXCITED FOR SOME NHL?!

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:28 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh I cant wait!  I missed it while it was gone and now I stay up waiting for exhibition game replays!  Leafs all the way this year#ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/5.gif"#ed_cl#!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/15.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

Barbaro: We will never know and that will always pain us most
GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Sat Oct 01, 2005 10:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i must say i am not. I hate hockey. Always have..and i hate people that all of a sudden love it because a near by team won.. wow i sound hatefull#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Chisholm » Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:31 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#PP you are still young, as you get older Hockey catches on more.  I have gotten addicted to it over the last couple of years.  But it also helps we have our own team in Ottawa. Go Sens Go!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I wouldn't have got so addicted except with my father being ill I spent a lot of time at night sitting with him watching Hockey.  And I really got into it more.  Now I don't just sit and watch a whole game, I just drop in for a short time to see how things are going.  Now I haven't watched any of the pre season games.  I much more into the playoffs.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But hey Sens were 6-0 as of Thursday night.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby pmc » Sun Oct 02, 2005 7:59 am

Chisholm wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#PP you are still young, as you get older Hockey catches on more.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Not always, Chis!  I'm 50.  I hate hockey.  Always have, always will. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Like you, I watched hockey a lot as a kid.  My dad loved it, so every Wednesday and Saturday night the game was on.  Whether you wanted it to be or not.  And, don't forget, in those good ol' days, there was only one TV in the house, and maybe 5 or 6 channels to choose from.  So there was no escaping it...#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
pmc
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Brianna » Sun Oct 02, 2005 9:38 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Ooo, pick me! pick me!! I can't waaaaaaaaaaaiiiiiiiiiitttttttttttt! I'm a little worried about all the rule changes...but soooooooo excited that hockey is back!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:32 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm with Chis SENS rock!  except last night which was a horrible game against Montreal....  Go Sens Go.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Horsecetra » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:42 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i have never been a hockey fan ever, nor do i think i ever will be, however i do think its exciting to watch a game live from time to time (like the Barrie team), but thats not NHL.  and since the strike they had, the NHL has turned me off even more, they get all that money and literally kicked their fans in the teeth, without fans there would be no NHL.  glad i am not a NHL fan with that kind of treatment.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horsecetra
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Ruth » Sun Oct 02, 2005 1:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm with you pmc! Last year I wouldn't have even noticed there was a strike if people hadn't kept talking about it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby TequillaJack » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#With all the new rule changes the ex games have been so boring if this keeps up I wont be watching just tuning in to TSN to see the scores#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
TequillaJack
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Sun Oct 02, 2005 2:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yeah I am finding that the new rule of the refs calling everything is becopming excessive and really takes away from the play.  Even when players are not trying to do anything they are getting called, the game may as well be 4 on 4 all the time with the number of penalties I have seen!  If they tone that down a bit I think we could have awesome games with the new rules, it will just take some getting used to.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Sun Oct 02, 2005 8:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Everyone lets be positive about the new rules lol.  I think as is was said before its jsut going to take an adjustment period for the players to figure out not to clutch and grab and then the flow will be good.  The Leaf games so far from highlights as the exhibition season wore on didnt seem to be half bad.  I hate all the clutch and grab because damn near nothing happened all game b/c the fancy players spent 90% of their time on their a**' lol.  LOL now where's my partner in  crime BT I believe who loves the Leafs like me or was thats Bluebird?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Hev339 » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:16 pm

SO excited for hockey! #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Going to the Leafs/Sabres game on Nov. 11 (or 12??) in Buffalo and I CAN"T WAIT!!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Go Leafs! lol. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Anyway...I think the game should be actually pretty exciting with the
rule changes. Open things up a bit and there should be some exciting
scoring going on once players and refs get used to the changes. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
And another thing...how about BASKETBALL?? Any takers?? Guess who is in
charge of the Toronto Raptors training camp at Brock University?? ME!
Woohoo!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Hev339
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:42 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#OHHHH NOOOO! (holds head between palms of hands)   don't tell me it is " hockey night in Canada" time agan....#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Must be time to think about heading for Florida....lol #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Mon Oct 03, 2005 8:20 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that would be me GoW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#leafs vs. sens wed night - let's get em!!! GO LEAFS GO!!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i'm totlly physched about the seasom starting...i've see some highlights of the ex games on the news, etc...but i figure the refs always call a lot of crap during the ex games & the first few weeks of the season until things settle down & the players & fans start getting used to the new rule changes. it's change, and everything chnges eventually......it should be interesting to see the new changes in real games (ex games aren't real to me). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and while i'm still ticked about this whole strike BS from last season, and i swore i couldn't watch hockey again because of how much they ticked me off....my heart bleeds blue & white, and i won't miss my boys ever!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Mon Oct 03, 2005 9:49 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Same here BT - I had the owners backs in the labor dispute and im glad they got a good deal and the players got the short end of the stick (lol hockey humour).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Mon Oct 03, 2005 10:05 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GoW - part of my issue with the whole strike or "labour dispute" was that for years the owners have been handing out  these million dollar salaries & yet they were balking over some of the issues the players were presenting them with (these "non-monetary" ones - everything is monetary these days!!).....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#quite frankly, i didn't support either side, but blamed them both for being so greedy & letting it coem down to their "dispute", when quite honestly, they could have resolved some of the garbage years ago.......neither side was willing to swallow their ego & sort it out though.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i'm happy it's back - i've  missed it like crazy, but i did get on with my life while they were off, and while i'm all set for another year to begin, i'll not forget how they let down the fans.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#all i hope for is the leafs to kick the sens butts every game!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby chenders01 » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm gonna miss the movie double-bills on CBC on Saturday nights #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/2.gif"#ed_cl#It meant that I didn't have to spend money to rent movies!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#(I am NOT a hockey fan, in case you couldn't guess)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Emerald » Mon Oct 03, 2005 2:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#NHL, Unless the H stands for Horse, I'd have to say it does not do much for me. But it is a great sport, even if not my attention grabber.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/9.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Emerald

Postby zooka » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well BT if the preseason is any indication of the season coming up it will be the other way around!  Sens will be kicking the Leafs butt!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Not sure about in Toronto but here in Ottawa when the Leafs come it is awesome there is so much more energy in the fans and the games always seem more exciting.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby zooka » Mon Oct 03, 2005 4:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well BT if the preseason is any indication of the season coming up it will be the other way around!  Sens will be kicking the Leafs butt!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Not sure about in Toronto but here in Ottawa when the Leafs come it is awesome there is so much more energy in the fans and the games always seem more exciting.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Next

Return to The Lounge