Would you wear a non-traditional wedding dress?

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Postby babytigger » Mon Oct 03, 2005 11:21 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hon - be yourself...i undestnad the whole wanting everyone to be happy with your choices feeling, but if you just love the sand one....go for it - i honestly can't see people, these days, saying "oh! did you see that - she's not wearing white...she's wearing sand!! gasp!!" i mean...geesh!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#go with what you want, it is nice when everyone likes it as well, but it's what you want that is most important!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Eileen » Mon Oct 03, 2005 12:48 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#ONe thing about the wedding dresses of color...you can wear them again with out looking like you just got married--again-- lol It hink that it is a great idea for the newer trend of light shades of this and that for the wedding gown....makes more sense to me...but then, I am too practical...lol#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think that dress is gorgeous. If you like it, then wear it. Just some caution, if you do decide to go with the ivory, don't buy it unless you've tried it on!! I know in some of my bored time I like to look at wedding dresses and I saw this gorgeous one that was a sand colour like yours, and then looked at the white one, and it didn't even look like the same dress!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *rickie* » Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:38 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Lix, it truely is a GORGEOUS dress! I love it.......If I saw it in a Dress store, I'd so try it on!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#I say go with the Sandy color, it's very nice, and, as everyone has said, I think it would go nicely with your jewlery and color scheme!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Go for it....darn to be different!! haahahah#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Re: ...

Postby Lix » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:13 am

*Giddy Up* wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just some caution, if you do decide to go with the ivory, don't buy it unless you've tried it on!! I know in some of my bored time I like to look at wedding dresses and I saw this gorgeous one that was a sand colour like yours, and then looked at the white one, and it didn't even look like the same dress!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GU- You are bang on!  That's EXACTLY what I'm scared of!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks to all the others too for the encouraging words!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So - I've made my decision - officially.  I am ordering the dress, in SAND, today! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby babytigger » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:45 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#woo hoo!! you're gonna look amazing!!!!!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby *Southwinds* » Tue Oct 04, 2005 1:36 pm

chenders01 wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, Lix, I think that since your colour scheme is earth-tones, this dress would probably fit in better with that theme than an ivory one would.  I honestly don't think, on your wedding day, that your fiance is going to see you walking down the aisle and say "omigosh, look at the colour of her DRESS!!" LOL!!  He's just going to see your face, most likely.  And as far as everyone else, who CARES what they think??  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If the sand colour goes with your colouring and isn't going to stand out in a garish (sp?) way, and you LIKE the colour, then I say Go For IT!!  It's YOUR day and you should do it the way YOU want.  I think that things are becoming less traditional nowadays anyway.  White/ivory dresses are traditionally for virgins, and since you've been living with your fiance for awhile now, I think it would be perfectly fine to go with a sand-coloured dress.  It's not like it's black or fire-engine RED or anything #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//grin.gif"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It's a very nice, neutral colour, and I'll bet it'll look AMAZING with the other colours you've chosen to use.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I could not have said it better myself! Lix, I think we have the same style because I LOVE that dress, and yes I LOVE the sand colour, it will look so BEAUTIFUL with the colours you have chosen. I love those colours also, I'm sure you wont regret your decision.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Southwinds*
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Kricket » Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:33 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats!!  Great decision.  I hope that we will get to see a picture of you in it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Take Care.
DARE TO DREAM
Kricket

Postby Dee22 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 7:55 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Lix - Sorry I didn't respond earlier! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just wanted to add that the "sand" dress is beautiful and I think it will look gorgeous on you! :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I also think it will look much nicer with the brown shoes and jewellery, I think if the dress were ivory, the brown jewellery and shoes would look too 'harsh'...  VERY nice choice! It's beautiful! Your going to look perfect on your big day!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley20.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Previous

Return to The Lounge