What are you doing this weekend?

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Postby Eileen » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:27 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl##ed_op#BLOCKQUOTE id=bde5916c#ed_cl##ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#NO elaborate plans for the weekend here....possible a BBQ Sat night... then riding if nice weather in Sparta...and have potluck dinner there.  Monday will be just a loose day....nothing scheduled. #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#It usually rains at least on one day of T'giving weekend down in this neck of the woods...hey sometimes it even snows...brrrr I hope not....lol#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/BLOCKQUOTE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby tbbrat » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:53 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dee!  You're gonna be in Cambridge?  Whereabouts?  You know Shoal and I live there, dontcha?  Unfortunately, Sunday we'll be going down to Stoney Creek to my folks - oh well.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby chenders01 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:28 am

tbbrat wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dee!  You're gonna be in Cambridge?  Whereabouts?  You know Shoal and I live there, dontcha?  Unfortunately, Sunday we'll be going down to Stoney Creek to my folks - oh well.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And I'm verrrry close by, in Kitchener.  Sometime when you come down this way again, Dee, ya gotta let us know ahead of time, and maybe we can meet up somewhere!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Dee22 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:06 pm

chenders01 wrote:
tbbrat wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dee!  You're gonna be in Cambridge?  Whereabouts?  You know Shoal and I live there, dontcha?  Unfortunately, Sunday we'll be going down to Stoney Creek to my folks - oh well.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And I'm verrrry close by, in Kitchener.  Sometime when you come down this way again, Dee, ya gotta let us know ahead of time, and maybe we can meet up somewhere!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Hey Ladies, next time I'm out that way I will for sure let you know! Unfortunatly I didn't end up making it to Cambridge today :( I have some sort of stomache flu, went to the Dr but he said it just has to run it's course... so, I figured staying home today was my best bet, rather than 2 hours away at someone else's house :s ... so I sent my boyfriend on his way... at least it's just for lunch and we can still spend Thanksgiving evening together... and I'll still get turkey at my parents house for dinner tomorrow night...#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I'm sure I will be out that way again soon though, I think we'll be going to visit his sister in a few weeks... so I'll be sure to let you gals know! :)#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:45 pm

#ed_op#P#ed_cl#
Dee22 wrote:#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl# I have some sort of stomache flu, went to the Dr but he said it just has to run it's course... so, I figured staying home today was my best bet, rather than 2 hours away at someone else's house #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm sure they appreciate not being given your stomach bug too! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's probably my biggest pet peeve in the universe - people going out and about with nasty viruses like that and passing it on. A cold is one thing, but stomach viruses and influenza proper are another kettle of fish.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#One of the girls I work with is convinced she caught a stomach bug from adjusting a sick child's glasses. The mother decided that seeing as she had to stay home with him it would be a good opportunity to do some errands - poor little guy was running a fever and had very recently been sick before having his glasses adjusted. Angie got sick about 36 hours afterwards. You've got to wonder what goes through some people's minds though, I'm sure that boy would have been much better off at home to begin with, never mind the going out and infecting other people aspect of the situation.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I remember another woman coming in to look at glasses saying "Well I'm too sick to pick out glasses today, but could you help me look at some while I'm here?" OK if you're too sick to pick them out why in the h$#l are you in the store making me sick?!?#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Angry/1.gif"#ed_cl# Come back when you feel better. Now in that case, she just had a bad cold so I didn't run screaming, but I thought some very nasty loud thoughts I tell you.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyway Dee, I wasn't saying you would do such a thing, and I applaud you for staying home on a special occasion. Hope you feel better soon! Upchucking is the thing I hate most in the world. I do not take it in stride myself, I usually cry and want my mummy. It's a good thing I average throwing up about once every 10 years - unfortunately I ate the wrong thing to close to bedtime the other night and got sick. It was horrible. *shudders* #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Pony Hunter » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well on Friday my friend was planning on coming down from Osgood to go for a trail ride with me but since it was raining were going to go riding next Friday. So I went to Greenhawk and bought a cute studded browband. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yesterday I went trying out a horse in the morrning then I went to a horse auction with my friends. The horse I tryed out was very nice just sadly not a hunter. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tommorow my coach and I are going to try out some more horses. It would be nice if I found "the one" as I am getting tired of trying out horses. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Pony Hunter

Postby Ruth » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah, you can get to a point where you end up buying something that is not quite what you want rather than keep looking. I was lucky with Boomer that he was one of the first ones I tried. Originally the vet thought he had OCD when I had the pre-purchase done so we kept looking but happily I didn't find anything quite like him in the meantime (well the horse that is now Liz Steacie's Mikayla was lovely - the breeder figured she was sold anyway, but hadn't gotten a cheque yet so they showed her to me just in case the first deal fell through, which it didn't). It turned out what the vet thought was an OCD lesion turned out to be a shadow. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know what starts out as fun can become something of a chore!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby vannarae1975 » Sun Oct 09, 2005 1:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well I am not having turkey dinner today nor tomorrow.  I think i will be going to my parents house tomorrow, because my son plays hockey alday today and i work also tonight.  Maybe a turkey TV dinner,lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
vannarae1975
Newbies
Newbies

Postby zooka » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had a good thanksgiving day today.  How was everyone elses thanksgiving if you have had it yet?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eileen » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:19 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Yes I sure did have a big turkey dinner with all the trimmings and dessert of course.  It was such a yummmy meal. #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Then after the meal was done and the dishes were washed I saddled up and rode out for a while...it was such a beautiful day and I just had to get out....It was a great ride too.  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby tbbrat » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Not a bite of turkey all weekend!  Not that I'm complaining - it was roast lamb yesterday at the folks' and today I made steak and kidney pie, mmmm.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Previous

Return to The Lounge