What are you doing this weekend?

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

What are you doing this weekend?

Postby Lix » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:34 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So, watcha all doing?  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm debating hosting a turkey dinner.  I've never made a turkey but figure it can't be that hard.  On the other hand, we are always the ones hosting so I would like it if for once, someone else payed for and prepared a family meal.  We'll see though...  Turkey dinner... *drools* #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Other/18.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Otherwise, there is still some outdoor work to be done.  Trimming alot of trees, and cleaning up some old barb wire that runs through the bush.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Will fit some riding in there for sure also.  I cantered Meeka out on the trail for the first time yesterday!  She was fantastic!  Now if only I could convince her to stop being 'wannabe Houdini'... (#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Other/25.gif"#ed_cl#she's turned into quite the 'escape artist'.  She is getting out of the paddock on an almost regular basis now - when she doesn't get stuck in the fence that is#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley3.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley29.gif"#ed_cl#)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So, what are you guys doing this weekend?#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby babytigger » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:44 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmmm..prolly go to my mums with the family on sunday for a dinner thing.....we don't bother doing it on monday because it's just too much for everyone what with having to work the next day, so we do "it" on sunday, if at all......#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hubby might be working.....other than that - hanging out with the kids & kitties (the new one is just freakin adorable & so friendly), laundry, cleaning up the apt....nothing exciting. can't go riding at spotz, gas is too expensive right now!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby chenders01 » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:46 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hmm...Saturday: barn, riding.  I like to spend as much time there as I can on Saturdays just hanging out with Tequila.  Hoping to go for another hack (took her out last Sunday for our first hack since the Spring and she was awesome).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sunday: having my parents and gmother over for a turkey dinner, which my hubby will be preparing.  Hoping to get out for a short ride too, before they come.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Monday: going to visit my inlaws (possibly consuming another turkey dinner)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Lix, turkey is sooooo easy to prepare!  Figure out how much it weighs in pounds and then cook it for 20 minutes per pound (30 minutes for bigger birds).  My hubby has become quite the expert at cooking turkeys, and he makes a #ed_op#A href="mailto:kick-@ss"#ed_cl#kick-#ss#ed_op#/A#ed_cl# dressing that is to DIE FOR.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And *I* don't have to do anything other than make sure the house is clean before the relatives arrive #ed_op#IMG onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " style="BORDER-RIGHT: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3169c6 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-BOTTOM: #3169c6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c6d3ef" onclick="InsertImage('/richedit/smileys/cheeky.gif');" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/cheeky.gif" align=absMiddle#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby MacnRio » Tue Oct 04, 2005 9:48 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wellll, Mac has another lesson on Sat and I will be getting on again!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dunno if my mom is going to do a turkey dinner or not.... Lix, cooking the turkey isn't so bad, if you can bring yourself to stick your hand in the cavity to get the giblits out.... EWWWWW. lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And, Monday, that will be a BIG day.  I have a bunch of family (relatives) that have been saying to my parents they haven't seen the farm but would like to. So, my mom had the brilliant idea of having an open house on Monday from 1-4pm for family and friends.  So, I will have people tromping through my property on Monday for 3 hours.  We decided to do between lunch and dinner so we don't have to feed anyone ;)  So, I guess Sat and Sun will be spent cleaning up the place... sigh....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby zooka » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmmm plans are not solid yet but most likely one night with my family and 2 nights split between my BF family that is in the area....  I think I will be sick of Turkey!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Tue Oct 04, 2005 10:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT size=1#ed_cl#Im going to my aunts for dinner (andy's house actually) we are having turkey. My bf may be back in time, at least im hoping he will. Maybe this will be the weekend I get him on a horse!! #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Chisholm » Tue Oct 04, 2005 11:25 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well not too much for me on TGiving, just my mother and me for dinner.  But we are having a Duck, just bought it yesterday.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And pumpkin pie made by Sara Lee, that's going to be yummy.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I will probably go to church on Sunday morning.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Saturday I am really busy with barn and arena maintance.  We have to get the arena fully harrowed and ready for the oil to come sometime in the next week or so.  And we are putting stall mats down in 2 of the stalls.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Then Monday I am taking the whole day OFF!  Maybe I will go tour looking for leaves changing or something.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But I must say I would love to go to a big Thanksgiving get together sometime.   I miss the family gatherings at TG and Christmas.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#its gonna be tight for me.  I of course want to be home sunday night for the big dinner but my job is posing a problem.  I have to go to London so a greyhound bus is involved.  I am supposed to work 12-4 but I left a note asking if I could switch my shift to 10-2 so I can catch the 3pm greyhouhnd home.  So far no call back letting me know.  If they say no to that Im just not going in - I bend over backwards for my job and even work outside my availability sometimes so i think they can do this for me, and its a legit reason not like, "hey can i change my shift to get hammered?"#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

Barbaro: We will never know and that will always pain us most
GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby rubberman » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well this weekend I am transforming my horse butt scratches into summer shelters and doing a variety of other farm jobs such as a little fencing and cutting down some dead trees before they fall on my winter shelters with the help of my father-in-law.  Mrs. R says she will cook a small turkey for thanksgiving for her Dad and us but it will be a low key affair.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
rubberman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Tue Oct 04, 2005 2:48 pm

rubberman wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well this weekend I am transforming my horse butt scratches into summer shelters #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Isn't that what a shed is for?#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/15.gif"#ed_cl# Mine is an old fieldstone shed and it is slowly being taken down by itchy horse butts.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Saturday I am working.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sunday, a quick ride in the morning, then work in the afternoon.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Monday, a quick ride in the morning and then family is coming over for a pot luck late lunch and visit. It'll be my first day off since the 26th...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby rubberman » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:02 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Too true Ruth but right now the summer shelters consist of 12' posts standing in the middle of a field.  When I did the EC BBQ I am sure that some people thought I had been drinking when I put them in the ground.  There are posts for three shelters (10 posts in all) and they are all like the leaning tower of Pisa only each one leans in a different direction.  At least with a roof all the posts of each shelter will lean in the same direction (to be honest the completed summer shelters in the back paddocks have stood very well for the past three years and better yet the horses actually use them). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
rubberman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Andy » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Xena_n_Joss Wrote:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#FONT size=1#ed_cl#Im going to my aunts for dinner (andy's house actually) we are having turkey. My bf may be back in time, at least im hoping he will. Maybe this will be the weekend I get him on a horse!! #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This is what we let her think she is having but it will all depend on what I find out the back 40.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So I bet you can guess what i'll be doing#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/cliparts/Cartoon/8.gif"#ed_cl#IT just might be KFC#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<strong><font size="3"><font color="red">

El Samar Arabians
Brighton Ont.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/andy.hope
Andy
Newbies
Newbies

Postby tbbrat » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Let's see - hope to get out for a ride on Saturday, explore some trails with the new horse.&nbsp; Sunday, heading down to the Hammer for supper with my folks, stopping off at Rockton Fair to check out the goat show. &nbsp;Monday, probably working on cutting up the honking big willow tree that's lying in the front yard.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Shoal » Tue Oct 04, 2005 3:57 pm

i'm missing turkey dinner (MY FAV) because I have to go to a wedding in Toronto!
It's a Jewish wedding, which I've never been too, so it's on Sunday.
Shoal

Postby Ruth » Tue Oct 04, 2005 4:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh yes, and a very happy New Year to any of you who might be Jewish!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My SO is so we're going to his sister's for dinner tonight.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Megan Ball » Wed Oct 05, 2005 12:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am going to have over 10 people over, most I'm not relateted to. We have so many people coming over, Plus some infantry guys that were doing 2 turkeys(our own)!!!! My hubby will be the one making them as he loves to cook!! I too just have to make sure the house is nice and clean for the many adults and almost as many kids coming over!! My hubby is doing a regular roast turkey and I think he may try to deep fry a turkey this year. He's been talking about doing 1 for about a year now.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As for you first timers with the turkey's try this: DON'T stuff your bird! It makes it almost twice as long to cook and that costs in Hydro$$. If you have a neck with your bird, put it in the pan next to your bird and wait until the neck is halfway cooked. Then in a separtae dish(the 1 with your fav stuffing) place half-cooked neck in the middle of the stuffing and pop back in the oven beside or under/over your bird! This way your stuffing still gets all the yummy juices from the turkey neck(which most people don't eat anyways), your cook time is almost halved, and when the bird is done you don't have to fight the hot bird trying to remove the stuffing!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've done this way since my hubby ALWAYS stuffs the birds and then a small 12lbs bird takes 6-8 hrs to roast!!!! So I tried it my way(when he was gone overseas) and the bird tasted great, the stuffing was great and we had a 14lbs bird ready in appx 3 hrs!! Good luck on your birds and have a Happy Thanksgiving!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby tbbrat » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It's safer to cook the stuffing separately too #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/1.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm going to my parents with Mr.Graciespooks and our puppy. Since we don't have a fridge (long story) it makes things much easier! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Adpaga » Wed Oct 05, 2005 5:16 pm

Saturday morning will be busy teaching / riding some further away
students of mine. Then we have friends come over, go for a hack, then
dinner in a super tasty Mexican place downtown (hahaha, downtown, #ed_op#img style="cursor: pointer;" onclick="InsertImage('/richedit/smileys/alien.gif');" onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="richedit/smileys/alien.gif" align="middle"#ed_cl#oups!). #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Sunday morning hack again or play with the horses, share the barn work,
then spend the afternoon cooking a traditional french celebration
dinner involving lots of goodies #ed_op#img src="richedit/smileys//lick.gif"#ed_cl#and good wine - just to be all together having a good time around the kitchen with the friends.#ed_op#img src="richedit/smileys//smiley17.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Monday morning will be croissants / brioche / crepes and good coffee...
and back to the barn for some more horse play... and then it's back to
normal.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Remember: happiness is a way of travel, not a destination
Adpaga
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Dee22 » Wed Oct 05, 2005 6:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Saturday I will be just doing my own thing, maybe some reading, I'm wanting to build a birdhouse so I think I may start that... visit my pony etc.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sunday we have Thanksgiving 'lunch' at my boyfriends sisters house in Cambridge, which will be my first dinner with his whole family (incl. his sisters boyfriend).... I'm a bit nervous, I'm VERY shy around my boyfriends family.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Monday will be Thanksgiving at my house with my family, my boyfriend and my brother in law's mother (and possibly sister), should be a big one this year! :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Next

Return to The Lounge