The update on our moving situation

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

The update on our moving situation

Postby graciespook » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So we moved. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It was beautiful on Saturday, and we got everything down to the lobby before the truck came to pick it up. Luckily Mr.GS works for an electrical company, and they have a large truck. Saved on moving fees. He had two of his colleagues help us, so it took twenty minutes to pack in the truck and go. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We got there and basically the guys unloaded and I started unpacking. To date, I have every room unpacked and cleaned except for a half unpacked computer/tattoo equipment room. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The house is beautiful, the whole thing is a neutral brown colour (whats the name of that again, light and creamy coloured?) with ceilings that are gorgeous, all the decorative work done. We have a huge mudroom for the dog, a giant kitchen with room for a big table, and so many cupboards I thought I died and went to heaven. The kitchen and hallway are all new lineoleum..really nice linoleum. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The front room is a dining and living room. Its all hardwood with big brand new windows..again, too much room!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The bathroom is off the kitchen and dining room, with new fixtures, toilet and shower, with track lighting. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We have a big laundry room, a medium sized guest room and a huge master bedroom as well as the computer room. The basement is basically storage. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We back onto the river, where Mr. GS has already had bites on his fishing line and the front fencing is great..horses at home, here I come! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I will get pictures posted as soon as I can, but if anyone has a fridge in the Ottawa area they don't need-----call me! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby zooka » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#where in Ottawa are you GS?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Glad to hear the move went well....  Did I miss something in another post...  tattoo room???#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Chisholm » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:33 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Glad to hear the move went so smoothly.  Any word on Infamousluna's move?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, Mr.GS designs and gives tattoos as a hobby. I'll have to dig up a picture of his sleeve. He's one of those scary looking types (although I think he's very good looking, and by scary I mean bald, and has tattoos and is a big broad shouldered kind of guy), but is completely harmless and would do anything for you. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chisholm--Luna is settling in quite well..her horse arrives soon and her apartment is not finished, but she's kind of sharing the big house at the moment. She loves it out there and things are going well for her. She's not connected to the internet at the moment, but will hopefully be up and running soon. She's sort of on the way to my work in the morning so she carpools with us for school two days a week, so I still get to talk to her (since I'm not hooked up to the phone or internet at home either right now). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Chisholm » Wed Oct 05, 2005 1:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks GS.  Tell her I said HI!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:04 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#sounds great graciesspook! where are you gonna post pics of your new house for us #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Emerald » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Already unpacked most of the stuff? Will you help me when I have to move #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/16.gif"#ed_cl#?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Maybe you are thinking of the colour Taupe.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Emerald

Postby graciespook » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#TAUPE...thats it...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, almost unpacked..and I've been working all week too..so I'm impressed with myself. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Wed Oct 05, 2005 2:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#sounds like a mocha colour...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#anyways - glad the move went well, sounds like heaven!! too bad you weren't closer - i'd ask Mr GS to do my tat!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#tell luna we said hi & hope her move & settling in are going well.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby *Giddy Up* » Wed Oct 05, 2005 9:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ooo! Sounds cool! Also very impressive that you're basically done unpacking the house. That's good work.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'd love to see some pictures. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:14 am

babytigger wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#sounds like a mocha colour...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#anyways - glad the move went well, sounds like heaven!! too bad you weren't closer - i'd ask Mr GS to do my tat!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#tell luna we said hi & hope her move & settling in are going well.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#BT....too bad..he actually does a really fantastic job (I wanted one and when we met, I did not want him to do it at that time, but I changed my mind after I saw his work). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I will tell Luna you all say 'hi'. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:35 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol - any chance he'd want to come to Toronto??...lmao!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby graciespook » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:27 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He may always be convinced ;) Actually I may have to go down that way soon due to a sick grandmother and visiting my horse's old owner, so it may be a possibility! :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to The Lounge