SENS RULE!!

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

SENS RULE!!

Postby Trufflemaker » Wed Oct 05, 2005 10:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Historic finish to the Leafs-Sens game tonight!! Way to go Sens!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby graciespook » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:13 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Woo hoo!! Go Sens Go!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:42 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#no comment lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

Barbaro: We will never know and that will always pain us most
GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:32 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/1.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#next time....next time.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Chisholm » Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:41 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Way to go Sens.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You know what we need our team logos on here to use.  Oh Kerri!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:28 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have to endure enough Toronto vs Ottawa in my own household..thank god our tv is not hooked up yet! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Hev339 » Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:43 am

It was an awesome game, and what a finish. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
(and we'll get'em next time). #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Hev339
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Thu Oct 06, 2005 10:05 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i, for one, do not like the shoot out...never have, so it's nothing to do with the cheesy outcome of last nights game.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#IMO - leafs outplayed the sens for the majority of the game.....until the last couple minutes, but big E had a nice few hits & a beauty of a goal. this could be a promising year....just hope mats is alright.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:18 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was pleased with Lindros and it was nice to see him playing so spirited when I was pretty mad they singed him.  I have always disliked the shootout as well.  It just isnt fair - that 60mins + 5min of OT can be decided in 5minutes is not right.  Remember the Olympics and how Canada has be burned by it so many times?  I think ties are fine because now the Leafs have squat to show for a great game played.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If I wanted to watch Euro hockey Id watch the Swedish/Russian Elite Leagues.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Trufflemaker » Thu Oct 06, 2005 4:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The Leafs actually get 1 point, and the Sens 2 points. So a game lost to a shootout is not a dead loss. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Trufflemaker

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Thu Oct 06, 2005 5:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh they had bandied about changing that policy to make the losing team get nothing, guess among other things they left that alone.  Still dont like the shootout though.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:02 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The Leafs did outplay the Sens for most of the game BUT the Sens should have gotten the first goal which the ref did not notice which could have made the game totally different.  I am glad the Sens won but they really need to start playing the whole game and not just half a period!!!  Way too many penalties as well.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Go Sens#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby ~*Pony Luver*~ » Sat Oct 08, 2005 2:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that shoot out part was so stupid!! i dotn see why they won't let games end in a tie this year!!!!grrrrrr#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Some of us are like wheelbarrows, only useful when pushed and easily upset.
~*Pony Luver*~

Postby Trufflemaker » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Better get used to the shootout! It's part of a package of new rules that the NHL has adopted this year. I don't know the thinking behind it, but personally, I think a shootout can be the most exciting part of a game. (Especially if your team wins it of course...)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Two years ago, my son was playing in a tournament final game against a very evenly matched team. The score was tied at the end of the game. They played 4 on 4 for 5 minutes and nobody scored. Then they played 3 on 3 for 5 minutes... still nobody scored. The goalies were awesome! They went to 2 on 2, and then to 1 on 1. The captains of both teams faced off against each other. Ours got the puck off the faceoff and zoomed down the ice to put it past the goalie. Even though we won the game, no one felt ripped off by the result. It was an exciting finish to the game, and it could have gone either way. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'll ask my hockey obsessed family about why the NHL adopted the shootout formula this year, and post the answer.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Trufflemaker

Postby zooka » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sens won again home opener and they win 5-0 against Buffalo.  They are looking like a much better team with the new coach!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby zooka » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#didn't they take on the shoot out so that there was a definite winner for each game and it would not og on forever in OT?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Trufflemaker » Sun Oct 09, 2005 12:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#According to my hockey family, "ties are boring!!!!". The shootout was brought into the game to inject some suspense and excitement. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The new rules really open up the game so that skill will win the game. No more clutch and grab hockey, which is dead boring to watch. Give me a fast-skating, passing game any day of the week. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Trufflemaker

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Sun Oct 09, 2005 7:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I agree I like less clutch and grab as im an oiler fan too and all they play is run n' gun hockey but I jsut dont think that after 65min of actually playing the game they go to a shootout.  I just dont see it as fairness, only teams with actual snipers will benefit.  In that regard i guess team will have to start looking to have a couple on their team.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow the Leafs and Sens are having quite the year against each other so far.  ^-5 for Sens in shoot out again, I went to the game and there was a lot of action and great plays.... along with some stupid Ref calls but that will always happen.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I reiterate: I hate the shootout.  I was only able to catch the first and half of the second period due to a bus trip but now Im pissed, the shootout screw the Leafs again.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Next

Return to The Lounge