A Wedding Thread for Ideas for the EC Brides to Be

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Postby babytigger » Wed Oct 12, 2005 8:03 pm

geldinggirlie wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Holy man, I'm not sure I like this growing up thing -- way too many grown up decisions!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LMAO....and if you have kids, it's even more fun! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/15.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby geldinggirlie » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:34 pm

Well BT, it's just mainly due to a bit of Uphevelness at work, and the
fact that they have totally eliminated my position, but apparently we
will all still have a job.  I'm not sure I want to fully trust
them, but I know that I should.  It's very disheartening, and
everytime the Fiance says "OOooh Lets get that!"  I just keep
thinking "I have no idea how much money i'm going to be making in a
year, perhaps we need to wait"   It's put a huge damper on the
decorating and excitedness of moving into a new home.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
anyway, enough of a downer#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
How's everyone doing ?#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
geldinggirlie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Littlegreymare » Fri Oct 14, 2005 8:18 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#:) If anyone is a size 8 and needs a dress...I have one I never even wore and could pass on for very very cheap.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#Silly me fell in love with it in January and was determined to fit into it by the wedding in April, but obviously that was stupid. It's gorgeous and simple...but was never meant to be.  The one I bought 2 days before the wedding turned out to be perfect and exactly what I wanted instead!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#One word of advice - make sure your dress is actually the one you really really really want, and don't settle for the first one you see lol!  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Littlegreymare
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Kobau » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:53 am

bumping this up for all you brides...#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Grey mare, dress sounds great.. wish i was a sz 8 with a wedding to
deal with.. but alas i'm nowhere near that size or need for a wedding!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby *rickie* » Sun Oct 23, 2005 12:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Well today the future inlaws where here for a visit. The made the big trip down to see both their kids (my fiance's sister is only about a 40min drive away from us). So it was nice to see them.....have dinner.....visit......#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Anyways......I busted out all the stuff that I had bought to make my invitations, and tried it all out. So I tried all my stamps, and since I didn't buy ink pads, I bought pens instead, as the lady said that for what I wanted to do, the pens would work better....ya NOT they suck!!! It takes forever to color a whole stamp (their 2x2" stamps, but not square) and you can see the lines from you coloring on the stamp it's self on the paper after you stamp it....so that sucks! So my idea isn't going to work as well as I wanted. I did manage to get it to look 1/2 descent, but will take alot of practice to have it the way I want it.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Oh, and my future mother in law, notice that I was missing an ink pen from my order!! So I ordered 5 pens, and only got 4. I thought that it was weird that I had only ordered 4.....but didn't think anything of it, as it took over a month to come in....so now I have to call the lady (who is REALLY hard to get ahold of) and explain to her that I didn't really look when I got the order, and that one of my pens is missing from the order......which I received about 3-4 weeks ago!! ARG! I hope she'll order the other one for me without me having to pay for it!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#Anyways, that's my update. I've decided the lay out for my invitations, and also how I'm going to do the stamps. Now I just have to pick a SAYING that will go in my card. If anyone has any ideas, let me know. I'd love something that incorporates the words "season fo change" or something about fall and change. I know....not an easy task, but if you come across anything...think of me!! hahahaha#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#So what's new with everyone else's planning??#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c080ff size=4#ed_cl#For a Dress....I'm going shopping with my coach. No date set  yet, but I'm going with her, as she's the ONLY one that really has the time, or even wants to help me plan this wedding at all......besides my dad, but he isn't much help when it comes to dress shopping.  I'm hoping that as the date approaches that maybe my mom will show more interest, but as of now, it's more than NONE.....well it's some, but she just asks me questions, and when I reply about what we're doing, she doesn't like the idea, and looks at me in discuss, and then goes off the deep end about how it's the worst idea in the world.................and no I'm not over-exaggerating! So I know refuse to discuss any wedding plans with her......well here's to hoping that she'll change.........#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I'm the proud new owner of a Fez! hahahaha
*rickie*
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Sun Oct 23, 2005 8:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmm sounds like your mom isnt too happy about your wedding. Which really sucks, I knwo my mom is going to be all over the wedding deal when I get married. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#There is this cool stamp stuff that you can buy, I used to do it when I was younger. Its embossing, and it looks soooo nice, you stamp the stamp on this special glue type pad, and then you can buy gold or silver powder and you spinkle the powder on the stamp and tap off the excess and then you either hold it over a burner, or there is a special dryer you can buy and it makes this really nice outline, and then you buy stamp markers and color them in it you want. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Previous

Return to The Lounge