Free websites...

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Free websites...

Postby Serenity » Sat Oct 08, 2005 3:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know there are a few but I can't remember even one.....I am looking for a website where I can create MY OWN website for free? I want to make myself a website to promote and help with the business I have started up...any suggestions or names of sites would be great. Thanks. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~* Serenity Love *~
Serenity
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Tinkerbell27 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:47 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That a really good question, I was looking afew months back for the same thing. All the sites that I found were either really expensive, and the free ones were for someone that was great at computers.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Would also like to know if there are free sites that are easy to create and keep updated,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tink#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Tinkerbell27
Newbies
Newbies

free websites

Postby Hope03 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 5:58 pm

I found one that I really like to use and I find it easy to use. www.freewebs.com Good luck
Hope03
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Serenity » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:24 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks a lot Hope!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~* Serenity Love *~
Serenity
Groupie
Groupie

webs

Postby Hope03 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:32 pm

Glad to have helped. If you figure out how to post more than one picture in the subject let me know. I know people can because I have seen a couple however, I have a mac and it seems to be difficult lol.
Hope03
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Tinkerbell27 » Sat Oct 08, 2005 6:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks Hope for the link to the site, will defently check it out once I get some spare time.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Cheers #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Tink#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Tinkerbell27
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Trufflemaker » Sat Oct 08, 2005 7:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have made 3 websites. One is a photo sharing site hosted by piczo.com. I have also made a freewebs site, and also most recently a bravenet site. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The bravenet one was the hardest to do. Freewebs is dead easy. You can use Freewebs for commercial purposes, but I don't think you could do that with piczo. At least, you couldn't set it up to do transactions. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't know that I would use bravenet another time. The advantage it gives you is that you can password protect some pages on your site. I found that it did not work very well. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby Promise » Sat Oct 08, 2005 8:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yup, freewebs is easy :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I also find Geocities easy as well (its actually my fave for buliding websites). However, I'm not extremely pleased with them at the moment. They deleted my site with no notice at all, so I lost everything. (if you plan on using them, back up all your work!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

<3 Guinness ~ Buckskin Beauty
Promise
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Chisholm » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:07 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Gee I like the look of that freeweb one.&nbsp; I will set myself up with it later.&nbsp; Glad I had a look at this post.&nbsp; I've tried setting up a website so many times before with no luck.&nbsp; Let's see where I get this time.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eclipse's Fury » Sun Oct 09, 2005 8:27 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ya free webs is for sure a good one! Here is my website! #ed_op#A href="http://www.freewebs.com/creemorehills/"#ed_cl#http://www.freewebs.com/creemorehills/#ed_op#/A#ed_cl#&nbsp;its not finished yet but hey i like it lolol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Eclipse's Fury

Postby zooka » Sun Oct 09, 2005 9:38 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#looks good Eclipse.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eclipse's Fury » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks! ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Eclipse's Fury

Postby Solo » Sun Oct 09, 2005 4:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ya, i have a websitewith tripod. its really cool and easy. and the url is better (yourwebsitename.tripod.com) because with things like freewebs (freewebs.com/yourwebsitename) I find it easier to understand...if you like that sort of thing#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/5.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
A horse gallops with his lungs,
Perseveres with his heart,
And wins with his character.
~Tesio
Solo
Newbies
Newbies

Return to The Lounge