Thanksgiving Thanks

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Thanksgiving Thanks

Postby pmc » Mon Oct 10, 2005 8:53 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#First off, Happy Thanksgiving to all!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Every Thanksgiving dinner, each person at our dinner table shares the things they are most greatful for.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This year, I was thankful that my mom was still at the table with us - she's been in very poor health for a long time.  I was also greatful that our business life seems to be turning around.  It was a pretty tough year.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So, what are *you* most thankful about?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
pmc
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Chisholm » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:16 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am Thankful for such a great year.  This has been a really good year. Well deserved after the year I had last year.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And I am sooo Thankful that I have such a great horse.  Chisholm my mount that was meant to be.  We are truly partners.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:44 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am greatful for the awesome friends I have that stick with me no matter what is going on!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eileen » Mon Oct 10, 2005 12:41 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#family, friends, and good health are such a blessing to be greatful for.  #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Happy Appy's » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm thankfull for finally having our own place and having our horses in our own back yard.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Happy Appy's
Groupie
Groupie

Postby xena_n_joss » Mon Oct 10, 2005 2:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Im thankful for my family and friends, for having an amazing horse that I have worked very hard to get where I am with her, and thankful for having an amazing bf who is as great and supportive as he is!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Im also greatful for having all of you as friend where I can go to when I need help or support. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Gemina » Mon Oct 10, 2005 3:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was grateful to have my son and two granddaughters here for the weekend. Even though many sad moments were spent grieving for my horse who taught one of these girls to ride was no longer with us.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Mon Oct 10, 2005 9:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm thankful for everything- I've got a good life. My family, friends, bf, horse, school, work- life in general. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Kricket » Mon Oct 10, 2005 10:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm thankful for my kids, and that they are healthy and happy.  Thankful for my family and friends.  Very thankful that we live in a part of the world that seems relatively "safe" compared to what is going on around the world these days, especially "natural disasters".  Thankful that we have a roof over our heads (even if it is an apartment) and food to eat.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Take Care.
DARE TO DREAM
Kricket

Postby graciespook » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:35 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was thankful that we are finally in a house, and that I have Mr.GS and that we were all together for Thanksgiving. And every year I say thanks that there is pumpkin pie on the table ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Lix » Tue Oct 11, 2005 7:43 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am above all, thankful for my health, and the health of my family and SO.  (family does include my furkids btw ;)).  This is by far the number one thing I am grateful for.  I think about it every day, not just at this time of year.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm also thankful for being a happy person and having a good life.  I'm not so concerned about what I have materially, but rather that I have a good quality of life.  The material things are wonderful of course, but they are icing in the grand scheme of things.    #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am also very thankful for being surrounded by people (and furkids) who love me and being able to love them back.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby babytigger » Tue Oct 11, 2005 8:08 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yep...i'll go with the kids, family & health theme.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby graciespook » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:01 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I did forget to mention health. I am happy I am healthy. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby pawsnhooves » Tue Oct 11, 2005 9:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am grateful for so much.  First, a husband who loves me and our creatures and, as a special bonus,  loves to ride with me.  Parents who have always supported me, no matter what.  My sister who is the kindest person I know.  My house full of creatures of every shape and size who give me so much joy. My small and carefully chosen group of friends who I can always count on.  The fact that we are all happy and healthy is a special gift.  I guess you could say, I am blessed.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.-Mahatma Gandhi
pawsnhooves
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm thankful for every morning I wake up. But yeah, great family, pretty good health, great animals. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby stronghold » Tue Oct 11, 2005 2:24 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl#A day late, but no less thankful...#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl#I am thankful for a loving and supportive hubby, a super son and another baby on the way.  I am thankful for a roof over my head, even thought the basement leaks.  I am thankful for all of my friends and the rest of my family; they always are there when I need them.  Lastly, even though I had to put Floppy down only a month ago, I am thankful for all she gave to me over 20 years, and that I was able to be there for her in her last moments. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl##ed_op#EM#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#~Guys, lets keep this thread going.~#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/EM#ed_cl#  We all have so much to be thankful for every day of the year.  If you are feeling down about anything, come here and post about something that you are thankful for, even if you can only think of something small, like your skin cleared up, you had a good sleep or something.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<strong><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font color="red"> In Loving Memory of Buzzing Pride
"Floppy"
April 3, 1978 - September 13, 2005
~~Champion, Teacher, Friend~~

>
stronghold
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Kaleena » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We had a little scare at Thanksgiving dinner the other night. My grandfather who turned 81 the day before, who had a double bypass 5 years ago and is usually quite talkative all of a sudden became very quiet. He had his eyes closed and looked pale...when asked if he was alright, he said he felt a little dizzy but he'd be okay in a minute. He refused to leave the table and lie down. Suddenly he went really really pale and stopped responding...My BF is a paramedic and immediately jumped in to action, got him on the couch with his feet up and had 911 on the phone before the rest of us could even think of what to do. By the time the medics came he was coming around, he knew what day it was and where he was,&nbsp;and had a bit of colour back. They took him to the hospital as his blood pressure was still to low. He was checked out at the hospital and they did a few tests and want him back later in the week for a few more but they let him go home that night after they got his pressure back up and stabilized.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So....I am Thankful that my Grandfather is okay and that the rest of my family and loved ones are happy and healthy.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Tue Oct 11, 2005 3:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh boy Kaleena, that must have been scary. Nice to have a BF who's a paramedic! Hope your grandfather will be OK.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Tue Oct 11, 2005 4:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow Kaleena..scary#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What Im thankfull for is my health and my familys, my family always being there for me no matter what, my horses-eventhough GT may be stupid a lot when im down he finds silly things to cheer me up. And most of all im thankfull for Ship to have died quick and painless...could have been worse#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Gemina » Wed Oct 12, 2005 9:31 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yesterday we went for a hike along the shoreline towards our neighbour.&nbsp; Two granddaughters, son, and me. Emily, the youngest, wanted to see their dog, Lady. She was ahead of us and flushed some geese.&nbsp;#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#We watched them sore over our heads then&nbsp;heard the shots. God did we ever scream and run down that hill thru branches and over rocks, under and over fallen trees. Emily was white as a ghost.&nbsp;Their mother won't&nbsp;let them up here again during hunting season and&nbsp;our son&nbsp;felt he should have thought about hunters and blamed himself. We've been going over to Clements this way forever. It turned out that some guys he knew saw the geese in his field behind our garage and they asked if they could hunt them. I hate the hunting season.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I'm so thankful that we weren't a few feet closer to those geese.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Next

Return to The Lounge