Goldmil Farms anyone?

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Goldmil Farms anyone?

Postby rebelrouser » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:16 pm

Anyone here used to ride at Goldmil Farms?
rebelrouser
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Kaleena » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:46 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yep, but before you did. Now I beleive I'm at the barn you were at previously, Harrogate Hills.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I thought I knew who you were when reading your post in the Buying and Selling thread. I didn't realize Rebel was that old, I saw you show him at Blue Star once or twice a few years back. You might not know who I am because I left Goldmil before you started there. I got my mare Glory off of Milt a long time ago. I'm an old friend of Robyn and Buttercups, thats how I know who you are.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I heard that Milts place sold. Do you know what school horses are still for sale? PM me if you could :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Wed Oct 12, 2005 2:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#nope, never rode there, but i met milt some months ago at the barn of another BBer.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby AWSgurl » Mon Oct 17, 2005 3:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes I heard that his farm sold also and that he is selling all his jumps and horses.......not sure when he has to get out, but I drive by there everynight and I haven't seen any horses on the place so I don't know if they are all gone or not!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Coloured Horses for Sport
AWSgurl

Postby rebelrouser » Mon Oct 17, 2005 5:21 pm

Yes, well most of them have been sold already and they are out mid November...so sad :( I'll miss it there...
rebelrouser
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Flyin' High » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i rode there!! didnt realize it was sold though.. i had my baby there for about 3 months last year around this time... every one was very nice, but the stalls and arena became too small for my big boy. if you rode there with in the last year, i owned the grey paint Nike that went out in the back field that had the x-country jumps.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#while i was there i rode armani, rebel, popper (she was uh.. interestingly old...), uhhh cant remember any other names??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# if any one remembers Tammy.. she had an older chestnut gelding and a young grey gelding (Blue) shes not there anymore, but i still talk to here once every 6 weeks!! SHES MY FARRIER!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Flyin' High

Postby Kaleena » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:08 pm

rebelrouser wrote:Yes, well most of them have been sold already and they are out mid November...so sad :( I'll miss it there...
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It is sad...but these things happen and I can't say that I'm too surprized. I haven't been there in over 8 years and I remember thinking Milt was getting up there in age back then! lol. Super nice people, spent many summers there as a kid. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I wish I could have bought Klondike off him, LOVED that little arab, not that I could have afforded to anyway. I hope all the schoolies that were still there go to great homes :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby rebelrouser » Tue Oct 18, 2005 3:29 pm

I remember Nike! He was ADORABLE! What was he...a clyde/tb? He was such a sweetie..How is he doing? Tammy is doing good, she's awesome..It's so sad..I'm sure a lot of people have a lot of good memories from that barn...and yes, haha, Milt has always been an old man it seems. True about the arena though...winters were rather frusterating...Klondike was a cutie too...Rebel is my personal favourite, and did you know that he's only one year younger than Popper?? Weird, she looks soo much older!
rebelrouser
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Flyin' High » Tue Oct 18, 2005 5:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yep nike is definately the clyde/paint/tb....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hehe funny thing about milt's age.... MY coach who's in her mid 30's was taught by Milt when he rode with the Governor General Horse Guards, when she was like 13, 14/.. and she was like "even I thought he was old then!!"#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hehe milt was fun, although from what i've heard from others who rode there in past years, his lessons havent changed much AT ALL!!!!! hehe.. although i dont think they were lessons so much as giving us a directionto go in!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#even in 3 months there are some good memories. i loved armani the TB gelding he had... and i met my AMAZING farrier!! i wish everyone there the best of luck, AND hope the schoolies all go to really good homes.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Flyin' High

Postby Kaleena » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:53 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Rebel came after I left, but as I mentioned to you before I saw him showing at Blue Star a few times, he is a cutie!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It wierd to think of the horses I rode as being old haha...I rode Popper too, gosh almost 10-11 years ago! A lot of the horses that I rode were long gone.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tammy and I used to be really good friends when I rode there. Then I moved to New Brunswick for a couple of years and we lost touch when I came back. Next time you see her Flyin' High, tell her I say hi (Erin)...she'll remember my mare Glory, but hasn't ever met Cirrus. :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Flyin' High » Wed Oct 19, 2005 7:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#kaleena ill definately try to remember to tell tammy you say hi!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Flyin' High

Postby spotz » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:53 pm

Well...I knew something was up because I has several messages on my
phone from Milt but he never said why he was calling......now I know
why!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I also used to board with Milt about 8yrs ago, just before I bought my
own farm, & I am 4 blocks north of Milt now!  Marleys horse
Trouble was there when he was born till he was 6 months old!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I know a friends barn bought some of his schoolies...I think they bought Klondike as my friend told me 1 is an arab.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Flyin High -PLEASE say hello to Tammy for me.....tell her Lauren says hi.....I was the one with the Appies!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Does anyone know who bought it & if they are going to run a stable there??#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Also.....does anyone know what Milt is doing with his personal
horses??  I can't imagine his grand daughter Alieta would sell
Fancy!!  He also had a nice Paint baby he was going to keep...I
think it's a 2yr old now!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
So sad to see the old places go!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
:(#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
P.S. Thanks Kaleena for letting me know!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Get Spotted In A Crowd...Ride An Appaloosa!"
"I'M HOT 4 SPOTZ"
My Patty!
spotz
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby rebelrouser » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:51 pm

I'm pretty sure that the person who bought the barn isn't planning on keeping it a riding school. It's a family of four I think, and the two kids are pretty young. The father grew up on a farm but I am pretty sure he isn't planning on keeping it a barn. Milt also decided not to sell any of his horses to them because he didn't think they knew what they were doing, so...ya. Also, I'm like 90% positive that Aleida isn't going to sell Fancy...I think she is going with Milt to the barn where he is going to be teaching...along with Mac and Kocheym because the woman who owns that barn bought those two school horses. As far as I know, the baby paint you're thinking of is for sale but hasn't yet been sold. He's about 2 1/2 now. The only horses left that haven't been sold yet are: Popper, Candy, Spirit(the 2 1/2 yr old) and Jazzy. I don't know if you remember any of them...probably Popper and Candy because they're getting to be in their early-mid twenties now. It's going to be sad driving by and seeing no horses out or jumps in the front...
rebelrouser
Newbies
Newbies

Postby spotz » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:08 pm

Hey rebelrouser.....#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Do you know what farm they are going to??  Sounds like the stable
where my friend boards.....do you know if it's around Zephyr??.....Is
Milt Going to be teaching there??#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I remember Popper, Candy, Big Mac, Koshem, Klondike, Keeper, Kalmar,
Arnem, Abicur, Fancy, Babe, & a couple of others whose names escape
me now.......#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Candy & Popper aren't that old.....I don't think they are in their
twenties yet but close!!  They were young horses when I was
there....I hope they all get good homes!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Get Spotted In A Crowd...Ride An Appaloosa!"
"I'M HOT 4 SPOTZ"
My Patty!
spotz
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:34 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#spotz!!!!!!!!!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#how dare you sneak in lol!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hope you're feeling better girl!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i gotta get up there to see you & mr spotz & the beasties! drop me a line sometime!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby rebelrouser » Sat Nov 05, 2005 3:43 am

Milt is going to teach at WES. According to Popper's papers...she's about 21...I think..I rememeber checking a few years back and she was turning 19 that year..I could be off by a year or so...but she definitely looks old. so ya, Candy is up there I'm sure. I know she is in her twenties as well...along with Mac and Kocheym...If I remember correctly, I think Kocheym was nearly 25...but anyways, last I heard only Candy, Popper and Spirit (the 2yr old) were left...I really really hope they find good homes too.
rebelrouser
Newbies
Newbies

Update!!

Postby Dani77 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I just joined this forum, but i ride, or rode at goldmil and i just wanted to update you that popper and spirit have been sold to the same pple that bought rebel and klondike.  Unfortunately only Candy is left! If anyone knows someone interested in her you should phone milt! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ps. Hi diana!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dani
Dani77
Newbies
Newbies

Postby rebelrouser » Mon Nov 14, 2005 9:51 pm

YAY!! I'm SOOO happy someone bought them!!! Hey Dani!!
rebelrouser
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Kaleena » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Poor Candy, I popped in on saturday for the tack sale and it was so sad to see her out back all by herself. I meant to ask how much they wanted for her but I forgot.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Rebelrouser - I guess you decided agaisnt buying Rebel then? Its nice that so many of them got to go with a buddy or two to their new homes.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby rebelrouser » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:30 am

Ya....it was such a tough decision but it really was too short notice. I was frantically looking for barns near Guelph with room for him but it was tough to find one for a decent price as it's tough paying for Uni as I'm sure most of you know! I took all of your advice and realized that it would be too much if he got sick...emotionally and financially. If I knew he wasn't going to a good home...it would be a completely different story. I'm so happy he ended up where he is now. We'll have to wait and see and get a horse when I know I'll have time to properly care for it
rebelrouser
Newbies
Newbies

Next

Return to The Lounge