what is wrong with people these days?

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

what is wrong with people these days?

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Thu Oct 13, 2005 8:37 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/1779941.html"#ed_cl#http://www.kktv.com/home/headlines/1779941.html#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

Barbaro: We will never know and that will always pain us most
GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby MacnRio » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:11 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That is absolutely terrible. Some people are sick.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:12 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#No kidding..I remember some years back that in Lanark county people were cutting off horse's tails..same thing-senseless brutality. It makes me sick.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Megan Ball » Thu Oct 13, 2005 9:49 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I hope that they find all the culprits that are doing this and throw the book at them!!! Major jail time is due I think!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby Positively4thStreet » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:48 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Why would anyone want to kill something as beautiful and innocent as a horse?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I hate people.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Positively4thStreet
Groupie
Groupie

Postby babytigger » Thu Oct 13, 2005 10:50 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#insane.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#some jack-ass going around doing iditoic things to pass the time, and if they ever catch them (or him/her), they will only do minimal time because animal cruelty is not taken as seriously as it ought to be.......#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#jerks#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Thu Oct 13, 2005 11:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thats horrible..   and about cutting horses tails off...how exactly would you go about that(sounds weird)..You would haev to trank them or something!! Can't imagine a horse would just stand there while you do it#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby rubberman » Thu Oct 13, 2005 12:59 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Pretty Pony, I do not think they meant that they docked the horses by removing any part of its dock.  The cases that I am aware of involves removing or cutting the horse's tail just below the dock.  There were also a number of cases out West (Alberta, Sask) were the horses' tail was stolen. Usually this is nothing more than a malicious act, however, the tail hair of a horse can be used to make violin bows so there was speculation that this may be an incentive. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
rubberman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby xena_n_joss » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thats sick, I would freak if someone shot xena#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#last year or the year before a car drove through a fence and into a horse that my coach was training on thanksgiving... So she spent thanksgiving at the farm id'ing the horse because the owner does not live here. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby BarnBratCSA » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That is so sad.  I hope they catch whoever did it and they spend some serious time in jail...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As far as the tail thing.... the first thing I thought of is that they're selling them.  AQHA people ALL have tails, and they've gotta come from somewhere. I'm ashamed to admit that we paid $300 for Abby's tail.  hers was off a dead horse though, the hide's still on the back and it looks real.  Normal "fakes" sell for about $150.  That sounds like motive to me...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BarnBratCSA
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Emerald » Thu Oct 13, 2005 1:38 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very Evil, Very Very Evil. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#No Doubt the punishment does not fit the Crime. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Angry/3.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Emerald

Return to The Lounge