Guilt!

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Guilt!

Postby graciespook » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:45 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am feeling guilty. With moving and the weather, I haven't had much time to spend with my horse. I feel like a bad horse mother because I'm only seeing him once or twice a week right now. Starting tonight, things are going to be fine, but have any of you experienced this horse related guilt before, and am I a bad horse mom??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby chenders01 » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:58 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Gracie, you're not a bad horse mom LOL!!  I'm sure that Sneakers is just fine.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And yes, I feel the same way if I can't get to the barn enough.  But it's not so much "guilt" for me, as I know that Tequila is well taken care of.  She's got a round bale, water, shelter and a buddy, so I'm sure that she doesn't miss me.  And if she doesn't get groomed for a few days, it's not going to kill her.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So, what I feel more than guilt, when I can't get out, is a sense of longing.  If I had my way, I'd be out to see her every day, but with other responsibilities, I have to force myself to stay home and not go out as often as I'd like, or I'd never get anything else done at home.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'll bet that Sneakers has enjoyed his little "hiatus" and will be more willing to work once you *do* get a chance to get back on him.  Tequila just had close to two weeks off, and when I went to ride her on Saturday, she was AWESOME!!  It was like she was EAGER to be ridden again.  I was expecting a bit of "freshness" after having the time off but she was steady and sane, and acted as though she had had NO time off (gotta love that QH/Paint mind!).  I think that horses need breaks, just like we do.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyway, don't beat yourself up.  If you've got good people taking care of Sneakers' daily needs, and he's got a buddy to hang out with, he's probably happy to have been given a break.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#    #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Mon Oct 17, 2005 7:59 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#you're the worstest horse mommy i ever saw GS!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/1.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#naw - it happens.....life gets in the way of our little pleasures all the time. once you guys have settled in & gotten yourselves sorted out, you'll have time for your indulgences. besides i doubt your guy minds..probably thinks he's on vacation!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby graciespook » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:34 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This is almost four weeks (I calculated it) of not riding! I rode him around the two week mark and didn't lunge him. I was nearly bucked off. So tonight we start our lunging regimen for three days and then I hop back on...*sigh* stupid life, I wish I could do whatever I wanted all the time and not have money worries. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Mon Oct 17, 2005 8:57 am

graciespook wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# I wish I could do whatever I wanted all the time and not have money worries. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#if life were like that, you wouldn't ned VISA.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GS - don't worry.....i wish the same thing on a daily basis. c'est la vie! and you make the best of it! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby graciespook » Mon Oct 17, 2005 9:03 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL..I suppose...hows the quitting smoking thing going for you?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Mon Oct 17, 2005 10:48 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I get that guilt during the school year things are so hectic that I do not get the quality time I want with zooka#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to The Lounge