Cat Owners: HELP!

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Cat Owners: HELP!

Postby Dee22 » Tue Oct 18, 2005 1:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just wondering if some of you cat owners could help me out a little. I have two male cats, both 5 years old, medium length hair, they live with me in my basement apartment. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#They're healthy cats, healthy shiney, soft coats but they are CONSTANTLY shedding! Terrible shedding, more than I have ever seen on other cats. I can vacuum and the couch, my bed, tables & floors will be covered in cat hair by the next day :s It's getting REALLY frustrating and on top of it all, the more they shed, the more allergic I am becoming to them.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay so.... I've decided that brushing once a week is not good enough so I will start brushing daily (stopping to get a better brush tonight).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have changed their cat food to a holistic brand as I've heard this can help cut down on shedding. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#There are a few different cat type beds I see on the petsmart website #ed_op#A href="http://www.petsmart.com/global/browse_category.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302025518&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441779511&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023690&bmUID=1129659358749"#ed_cl#http://www.petsmart.com/global/browse_category.jsp?FOLDER%3C%3Efolder_id=2534374302025518&PRODUCT%3C%3Eprd_id=845524441779511&ASSORTMENT%3C%3East_id=2534374302023690&bmUID=1129659358749#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Do you cat owners find that your cats actually use these beds or cushions? My cats LOVE to sleep on the back of my couch, no matter what I do I can't get them off... I can't blame them really my floors are hardwood so it's either my bed or the couch... they seem to like both. I have tried making a kitty bed but they never use it :s #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was also wondering if any of you bathe your cats? I think my cats would FLIP if I tried to bathe them... I used to when they were smaller but I stopped when I started coming out bleeding with holes in my skin and me being more wet than the cats :s#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Is there any kind of spray of wipe that any of you use to minimalize cat dander?#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I don't want to get rid of my cats, I love them but I'm becoming more and more allergic to them. My boyfriend and I are talking about moving in together in the Spring or Summer, he is mildly allergic to cats as well. He knows I love them, and he also doesn't want me to give them up knowing I am so attached to them but if they're shedding like this there is no way either one of us could live like that with them. I already can't breathe when I'm home, I have to use a puffer ONLY when I'm home, itchy eyes, runny nose the whole bit.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#They weren't this bad in my old house (we were ground level with more natual light?).... any suggestion?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to The Lounge