Favourite Quotes

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Favourite Quotes

Postby EatMyDust » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:29 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I didn't quite know where to put this post, so I just put in here.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ok, I love hearing quotes that people like to follow, or that they just really like.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Now, Im a horse nut so mine are:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#-Three Barrels, Two Hearts, One Passion#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#-"Its not about something with speed its about something with heart"#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#-Every horse is good for something#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby Lix » Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma#ed_cl#These are my favorites:#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#0060bf#ed_cl#1 - God grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#0060bf#ed_cl#     The courage to change the things I can#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#0060bf#ed_cl#     And the wisdom to know the difference#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#0060bf#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#0060bf#ed_cl#*Even though I'm not very religious - I adore that quote#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#c00000#ed_cl#2 - To the world, you may be one person, but to one person, you may be the world.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#7f3f00#ed_cl#3 - To you, she's a horse. To me, she's a family member who is big, hairy, walks on all fours and is easily startled. ;)  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma#ed_cl#    #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby Kaleena » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:02 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Helv size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3#ed_cl#"The miracle isn't that I finished...it's that I had the courage to start" #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3#ed_cl#My boss has that one in his e-mail signature :)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby chenders01 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:43 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay, my favourite work one is "poor planning on your part does NOT constitute an emergency on mine" LOL!!  I'd love to get that blown up poster-size and put it on my office door...don't think my boss will go for it though #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Another one I like (my hubby has this one on a coffee mug) is "to err is human but to really screw up, you need a computer" LOL!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Horsey favourites:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Not sure of the exact wording, but it's something like "the best thing for the inside of a (wo)man is the outside of a horse" (Winston Churchill)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#"My treasures neither clink nor glitter but gleam in the sun and neigh in the night" (it's an Arab proverb)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby tbbrat » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:59 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#"Serpents!  There's no pleasing them" - Alice in Wonderland.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:30 am

chenders01 wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#"poor planning on your part does NOT constitute an emergency on mine" #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Not sure of the exact wording, but it's something like "the best thing for the inside of a (wo)man is the outside of a horse" (Winston Churchill)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My doctor's office has that one up in regards to not asking for prescription refills at the time of your appointment. I LOVE it. You'd be amazed at how many people seem to consider it our problem when they little Billy's glasses break and he can't see the board, yet they wouldn't cough up for a cheap back-up pair of glasses. A friend of mine is currently dealing with a truck driver who is seriously near-sighted, broke his glasses, but has no back-up. You would think that if you are a driver and can't see 6 inches in front of your face without glasses that you would have plan B. Somehow it's the optician's fault. OK, vent over.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That second one was not said by Winston Churchill. It is wrongly attributed to him all the time - it is a far older quote than him. He said a good many quotable things in his life, but that's not one of them.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I like Stronghold's byline thingy "If you can't be a good example at least be a horrible warning"#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I can never think of good quotes when I want to, like now. If any others occur to me I'll post them.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 12:25 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well i like my quoate " Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right" #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and i don't know the wording on this one but .." God never gives you what you can't handle "#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I like that one, it really keeps me going i guess you could say#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kricket » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:10 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Maya Angelou #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#"You did what you knew how to do.  And when you knew better, you did better."#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Take Care.
DARE TO DREAM
Kricket

Postby zooka » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Lix I really like your third quote!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#One of my favourites:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#"Reach for the moon...Even if you miss you'll land among the stars"#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#One I just read:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#"Right now I'm having amnesia and deja vu at the same time . . . I think. I've forgotten this before."#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hehe#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:43 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I cant remember the exact quote, but its like " my ideal horse is the horse that I fall in love with every morning when I see his head hanging over his stall door, looking for breakfast" - Jim Wofford#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I like the third quote lix posted too, very sweet#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby EatMyDust » Mon Oct 24, 2005 12:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Awww, I like the one about the horses head hanging over the stall door, waiting for breakfast. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby Hev339 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:43 pm

In high school my teacher told us this one and I've always remembered it:#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind." -Dr. Seuss#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Also: "Dream as if you'll live forever.  Live as if you'll die today." --James Dean (I have this one on a poster). #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Horse quotes: #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"In riding a horse we borrow freedom." --Helen Thompson#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"All I pay my psychiatrist is the cost of feed and hay, and he'll listen to me any day." --unknown#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Hev339
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Winston » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:25 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#"You don't through a life away just cause it's a little banged up." Tom Smith#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#"God gave you a butt, now sit on it." Me#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#"Horse you are truely a creature without equal, for you fly without wings and concure without sword." Can't remember.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#These are just a few....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Winston
Newbies
Newbies

Postby graciespook » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:44 am

chenders01 wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay, my favourite work one is "poor planning on your part does NOT constitute an emergency on mine" LOL!!  I'd love to get that blown up poster-size and put it on my office door...don't think my boss will go for it though #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hee hee...my physics teacher used to write that on my assignments...I got great grades, but was a huge procrastinator. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby graciespook » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I found some good horse ones for you guys...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: #003399; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl#"#ed_op#A href="http://en.thinkexist.com/quotation/paying_alimony_is_like_feeding_hay_to_a_dead/170961.html"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #003399; FONT-FAMILY: 'Trebuchet MS'; TEXT-DECORATION: none; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; text-underline: none"#ed_cl#Paying alimony is like feeding hay to a dead #ed_op#B#ed_cl#horse#ed_op#/B#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl#"#ed_op#?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl# #ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: #003399; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl#"#ed_op#A href="http://en.thinkexist.com/quotation/happiness_is_not_a_horse-you_cannot_harness/177017.html"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #003399; FONT-FAMILY: 'Trebuchet MS'; TEXT-DECORATION: none; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; text-underline: none"#ed_cl#Happiness is not a #ed_op#B#ed_cl#horse#ed_op#/B#ed_cl#, you cannot harness it#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl#"#ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl# #ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: #003399; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://en.thinkexist.com/quotation/i_sit_astride_life_like_a_bad_rider_on_a_horse-i/295104.html"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #003399; FONT-FAMILY: 'Trebuchet MS'; TEXT-DECORATION: none; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; text-underline: none"#ed_cl#I sit astride life like a bad rider on a #ed_op#B#ed_cl#horse#ed_op#/B#ed_cl#. I only owe it to the #ed_op#B#ed_cl#horse#ed_op#/B#ed_cl#'s good nature that I am not thrown off at this very moment.#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl#"#ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: #003399; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl# #ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 9pt; COLOR: #003399; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl#"#ed_op#A href="http://en.thinkexist.com/quotation/science_is_not_a_sacred_cow-science_is_a_horse/222169.html"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; COLOR: #003399; FONT-FAMILY: 'Trebuchet MS'; TEXT-DECORATION: none; mso-bidi-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; text-underline: none"#ed_cl#Science is not a sacred cow. Science is a #ed_op#B#ed_cl#horse#ed_op#/B#ed_cl#. Don't worship it. Feed it.#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/A#ed_cl#"#ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Trebuchet MS"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Trebuchet MS"#ed_cl#I speak Spanish to God, Italian to women, French to men and German to my horse. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#- - - King Charles V#ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Trebuchet MS"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Trebuchet MS"#ed_cl#A canter is the cure for every evil.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#- - - Benjamin Disraeli "The Young Duke"#ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Trebuchet MS"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Trebuchet MS"#ed_cl#A horse is dangerous at both ends and uncomfortable in the middle.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#- - - Ian Fleming#ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Trebuchet MS"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Trebuchet MS"#ed_cl#Trends, like horses, are easier to ride in the direction they are already going.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#- - - John Naisbitt#ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Lucida Bright'"#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl# #ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-FAMILY: 'Lucida Bright'"#ed_cl#Be wary of the horse with a sense of humor. - Pam Brown#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl# #ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: purple; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'"#ed_cl#If you want a kitten, start out by asking for a horse. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#- Naomi, 15 Advice from Kids#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 13.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-no-proof: yes"#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl# #ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: purple; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'"#ed_cl#Look back on our struggle for freedom,#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Trace our present day's strength to its source;#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#And you'll find that man's pathway to glory#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Is strewn with the bones of a horse.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Anonymous#ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 13.5pt; FONT-FAMILY: Arial; mso-no-proof: yes"#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl# #ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: purple; FONT-FAMILY: 'Comic Sans MS'"#ed_cl#Experienced riders are not prone to brag. And usually newcomers, if they#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#start out being boastful, end up modest.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#C.J.J. Mullen#ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby cadence » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have a couple: #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#"I've used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And I would like 3 funeral days along with my weekend off!"#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#"I can only please one person per day.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Today is not your day.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tomorrow doesn't look good either."#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patience! Practice! Persistence!
cadence
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:40 am

cadence wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have a couple: #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#"I've used up all my sick days, so I'm calling in dead.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And I would like 3 funeral days along with my weekend off!"#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#"I can only please one person per day.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Today is not your day.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tomorrow doesn't look good either."#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#A woman in our office has the please one person a day posted on her office door. Its cute :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Pilgram » Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:47 pm

some quotes i go by#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#div#ed_cl#"I can only please one person per day.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
#ed_op#div#ed_cl#Today is not your day.#ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
#ed_op#div#ed_cl#Tomorrow doesn't look good either."#ed_op#/div#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#font color="#663300"#ed_cl##ed_op#b#ed_cl#"If you want it, all you need to see
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#is that you need it, if you want to be."#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/b#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl#
#ed_op#p align="left"#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="#000000" face="Arial" size="3"#ed_cl#"You should not suffer
the past. You should be able to wear it like a loose garment, take it off and let it
drop." #ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#em#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="#000000" face="Arial" size="2"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
— Eva Jessye, American musician and author (1895-1992)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/em#ed_cl##ed_op#/p#ed_cl#
#ed_op#p align="left"#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="Arial"#ed_cl#"I refuse to accept the view that
mankind is so tragically bound to the starless midnight of racism and war
that the bright daybreak of peace and brotherhood can never become a
reality. I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the
final word."#ed_op#font size="2"#ed_cl##ed_op#i#ed_cl#  #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
— Martin Luther King Jr., #ed_op#font color="#000000" face="Arial" size="2"#ed_cl##ed_op#em#ed_cl# American civil rights leader
(1929-1968), #ed_op#/em#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl#from
his Nobel Peace Prize acceptance speech#ed_op#/i#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/p#ed_cl#

#ed_op#p align="left"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/p#ed_cl#
#ed_op#p align="left"#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="Arial"#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="#000000" size="3"#ed_cl#"Light tomorrow
with today." #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#em#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="#000000" size="2"#ed_cl#— Elizabeth Barrett
Browning#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/em#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#em#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="#000000" face="Arial" size="2"#ed_cl#, English
poet (1806-1861)#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/em#ed_cl##ed_op#/p#ed_cl#

#ed_op#p align="left"#ed_cl##ed_op#font face="Arial"#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="#000000" size="3"#ed_cl#"He who has lost
confidence can lose nothing more."#ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#font color="#000000" size="2"#ed_cl##ed_op#em#ed_cl#  #ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Boiste#ed_op#/em#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#/p#ed_cl#

#ed_op#font color="#663300"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/font#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
BORN TO RIDE--FORCED TO WORK
When riding you borrow freedom!
Live well,Laugh lots,Ride often.
**Apples are so over-rated~ A Horse I know**
Pilgram

Return to The Lounge