Barn Party Ideas?

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Barn Party Ideas?

Postby chenders01 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:57 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay, so I opened my big mouth at a boarder meeting a few weeks ago, and asked about a barn Christmas party, and whether there would be one (I moved in last November and there was no party in December so I wondered if it would be the same this year).  So, guess what???  I got volunteered to organize it  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/15.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Now, I've attended barn parties but have never organized one.  I've got a couple other people helping me.  Here's what we've got planned so far:  we've got the date, Sat Nov 26.  It's going to be in the indoor arena, as that's the only place big enough to accommodate a large group.  We're going to have games on horseback, starting at 3:00 (although the way things work around there, it'll likely be 3:30-4:00 before the games actually get started).  I've got one of the girls organizing the games, as it'll most likely be just the kids who will take part...ya never know though, the adults might get into them as well.  I'm thinking of getting some prizes to give out to the winners.  Any ideas on that?  They don't have to be anything really impressive, as the games are just for fun.  I was thinking of giving out dewormers to the winners as *everyone* needs dewormer.  Or is that too boring??  Any other ideas for "fun" prizes??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was hoping to do a stall decorating contest but the stalls have windows that the horses can put their heads over, so you can't really attach anything to the stalls, as sure enough, one of the horses will grab it and eat it!  Soooo, I was thinking of a HORSE decorating contest, and getting the kids to decorate their horses in a Christmas-y theme, the day of the party...and then giving out a prize to the best-decorated horse.  What do you think of that idea?  Good?  Bad??    #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The meal will be a potluck.  I'm thinking of putting up a sign-up sheet so that we don't get 25 desserts and nothing else.  Any input on this??  Hoping to start the meal part around 5:00.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Then, they want a dance.  One of the other boarders is organizing this.  We're borrowing a karoake machine.  Should be fun.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Any other ideas you guys can give me?  Things you've done at parties that have worked really well?  Keep in mind that our indoor is NOT heated and this is at the end of November.  There are enough plugs around to keep hot stuff hot.  I'm thinking of renting a couple big urns for coffee and hot chocolate.  I'm trying to figure out how to decorate the arena...  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Any other ideas??  I want this to be fun yet not too much work for any one person (ie. me).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby tbbrat » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:03 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#De-wormer sounds a little boring, (and expensive!) especially if it's kids - what about curry combs, mane combs, hoof picks, horsey notepads?  You can get some fun, colourful stuff and kids usually love it.  Wanna come for a drive to Dan Patch or Pleasant Ridge with me one weekend? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The horse-decorating sounds fun - as long as the horses are amenable and don't freak.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As for the rest of it, I'm not a social butterfly so wouldn't have a clue!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Lix » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:13 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sounds like fun!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#First off - how big is your barn (i.e. how many boarders are there?  Are there people that take lessons?  If so, is this party for them too?)  And out of this group, how many are children?  If there are quite a few children, that definitely sets the tone for the party!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would definitely go with the sign-up sheet for the potluck.  It's the easiest way to do it. People bring what they want and you don't have to manage anything. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Since it will be November, I don't know if I'd do toooo long of games.  Games mean some people won't want to participate, and that means they have to stand out in the cold (or is there a heated area somewhere in the barn?)  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think the horse decorating is great!  The kids will like that.  As for other games, there are tons of things you can devise with old horse shoes and buckets. ;)  I've done apple dunking (okay... waaaaay too cold in November for that!)... Oh, I also have done a race to assemble a bridle.  Sounds dumb but it was fun as a kid.  Take a bridle apart completely and have the kids race to assemble their bridle the fastest and without error.  Mind you, with western bridles, that may be a little too easy!  lol  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As for prizes - cheaper type riding gloves, thick socks for riding, crops, dewormer (I don't see why not - but the lesson kids may not like that prize too much ;)), fancy hoofpick, etc.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The only thing with the prizes, is that you don't want to have to pay for those!  :(  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hmmm... I'll keep thinking about it. ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby xena_n_joss » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:31 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The horse decorating is sooo much fun, we used to have barn parties like that and we did a horse decorating contest. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tack shops usually have lots of cute gift stuff, horsey writing pads, funny horse pends, stuff like that. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We used to have this other game that you would run to the end of the arena, dismount, there would be someone there to hold your horse, you would have to put on a scarf, hat mits ect and mount back on, dismount on the other side and take off the stuff and give it to the next person ect ect.. You were in teams and whoevers team went through their whole thing first won. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I caqnt remember the other games we did though... it was so long ago. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby chenders01 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks, guys!  Tbbrat, I would love to go to Pleasant Ridge one of these weekends!  I'm less busy now, as I just handed in an assignment (for the course I'm taking) yesterday.  I'll PM you...I can come and see your new goat as well as Maggie (and Teddy, of course!). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Re. the horse decorating...most of the horses at my barn are pretty bombproof (QH's, Paints, Appys) so they should be fine with being decorated.  Guess we'll find out for sure when we try to do it LOL!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Lix, I expect that there will be quite a few people at the party...adults and kids, lesson-takers and boarders, as well as neighbours and friends of the BOs.  Our barn is fairly big (ie. lots of people).    #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#There's really no heated areas, other than a dinky office area, and the barn itself, which is not heated but stays relatively warm when there are horses in there.  People will be advised to dress warmly.  I'm expecting to only do the games for a couple hours.  People will just have to move around a lot, to stay warm.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm thinking about charging a nominal fee ($2 or $5) per person, to offset any costs (prizes, decorations, rental of urns, whatever else) as you're right, I'm only organizing this thing...I don't want to be spending lots of my own money.  I'll have to talk to the BOs about this, as I expect that they will contribute some money so that I don't have to solicit donations from the boarders. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Xena, we posted at the same time.  I like the game idea you suggested!  That would be fun for both the kids AND any adults who want to participate.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Kaleena, this is a western barn.  A dressage freestyle would be lost on most of the attendees LOL!!  Maybe a reining freestyle...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Keep the ideas coming!  They're great!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by chenders01 on Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Kaleena » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We recently had a big 20th Anniverary party in the arena at our barn. We had one lady do a freestyle dressage demo on her horse that she donated to the school last summer. Everyone got to see what he could really do, it was neat. We also had some of the older kids (10 I think) do a musical ride all dressed up the same, also neat.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#At our Christmas parties we have a secrete santa for all the horses. A couple of weeks before the party a list of all the horses goes up and the kids/adults write their names beside the horse they want to be a santa to (more than one can sign up for the same horse). Then the horses all get stockings on their stalls, far enought away that they can't eat them, and on the day of the party everyone brings their 'presents' for the horses. Cirrus got a lovely arrangement of stud muffins from her secret santa last year #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley20.gif"#ed_cl# (and no it wasn't me lol).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby chenders01 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:47 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Kaleena, re. the secret Santa, how do you ensure that EVERY horse gets included?  Also, we have several horses who are on pasture board...so, no stalls.  How do you deal with those re. the stockings?  I guess we could just find a wall in the barn to hang their stockings.  Do the horse owners provide the stockings or did the barn do that?  Was there a dollar limit??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Kaleena » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:01 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hmm...we don't have horses on pasture board, but putting those horses stockings inside on a wall would work, maybe put thier picture above the stocking or something.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#At our barn we have roughly 34 horses, some don't get ridden anymore, some are boarders, some are lesson horses and we've never had a horse left out. If boarders want to be a secret santa they aren't suppose to pick their own horses. The kids are our barn are really good, they don't want to see a horse left out but we make a rule...every horse (including boarders horses) must have a santa before you can start doubling up on one horse (there are always going to be favourites of course). The barn provides the stocking, although many boarders also have their own ones. The ones the barn puts up are just cheapie felt ones from the dollar store. Most of the *presents* are food related, apples, carrots, stud muffins, occactionally some of the school horses will get a new brush or hoof pick. You could post a list of ideas for some things so people get the idea to keep it small or a dollar amount (say under $5-10). Another thing, we have one horse who can't have sweetfeed, so beside his name it request no stud muffins or anything with grain in it etc.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Something else that was neat at the Anniversary party was that we had a slide show of a bunch of pictures that people subbmitted before hand. One girl made a powerpoint presentation and we projected it onto the wall in the lounge. It worked well for our situation because we were celebrating 20years, but it could work for a Christmas party too.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Sodapoppers » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Sounds like SO much fun!! We are doing something simialr at my barn this year too I think...that's the buzz out on the street anywho...#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#I agree, try to find something a little more FUN for prizes! :D Maybe make the games like classes so you have some funds to work with. I liked some of the ideas for prizes mentioned already...curry combs hoof picks note pads, shampoos, stickers...greenhawk usually has some neat little trinkets on sale, or you can get stuff in bulk off ebay too. Why not just have a regular old costume class, to see what the kids can come up with? are you going to do speed gaming events, or stuff like sack races, slow walk race, egg and spoon race? Sounds like a lot of fun :D#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
. ·'´)
¸.·´¸.·´¨) ¸.·*¨)
(¸.·´ (¸.·´ ¸.·´
¸.·´¸.·*`·-»
Grab Life by the Sodapoppers
Sodapoppers
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The tack shop near me has tins of cowboy band aids, they are sooo cute!  Its a tin decorated old cowboy style and the band aids likewise, They also have these little wire horse magnets, the horse body is moveable wire and the hoofs are the magnets. They have tons of other really cute stuff and nice stuff too, like horsey picture frames and things like that. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Tinkerbell27 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey I like the ideal of small grooming items, no matter the age of the paryt goesers.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Maybe try and get sponcers for the party, maybe horse treats, grooming supplies, T-Shirts, Etc.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have orginized such things in the past, so if you need some extra online help please PM me.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tink#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Tinkerbell27
Newbies
Newbies

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:46 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The secret santa thing for the horses is neat- keep a max to it (say $5). My barn had a Christmas Party a couple years ago and they did secret santa for people. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I agree to put up a sheet for potluck, you could also list some items your looking for (i.e. request salad, fruit, buns, even cups, utensils, ect) to give people an idea of what to bring so that everyone isn't bring just dessert. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think an hour or so of games would be enough- but you can see how it goes when you're doing it (if it's really cold, stop soon, but if people are having fun, then continue longer) also make games that the adults could participate in and feel that they could participate in. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As for prizes, I don't think kids would want dewormer- especially if they're going to be lesson kids too. I'd say a hoof pick, new brush, something small, but usefull. Maybe a cool crop or something (although those could get expensive- but you know, prize under $5). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You also have to co-ordinate how you're going to eat and play games in the arena- they are happening in the same place right? How, when will you bring that in? Not a big deal- but something to think about so you're not running around the day of. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You can decorate the arena with tinsel, snowflakes. Pull some snow in from outside#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/1.gif"#ed_cl#(if we have any at that point...).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Tinkerbell27 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ya also done the secret santa thing in the past has alway worked out well, for both.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Although a price range of about $25.00 would be good, as iam sure that most horse ppl know how hard it is to find and buy horsey items at a resonable price, that is unless your near a tack shop that has gift items.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tink#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Tinkerbell27
Newbies
Newbies

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But the thing about $25 is that's alot of money- espeically if it's for people and you don't really know the person. You also dont' want to make something stressful out of it- well my opinion. I'd stick to like $5. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Tinkerbell27 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I understand your point  Giddy Up#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just that most barn/stables everyone knows each other or close to it. Like how many hoof pick and curries does a person need along with note paper,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thats Y I suggested $25.00 as anything under that price everyone  already has right????#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Now I could be so totally wrong, but any barn  party or secret santa that I've been involved in the gift price limite was $ 25.00. Now Ia, not saying that you cant go under  or over the price range, just that like I said befor what can a person buy for another horse person under $ 25.00 that a person doesnt already have.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Another thought,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# could be for prizes or simple gifts are treats or refills for stall toys, #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tink#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Tinkerbell27
Newbies
Newbies

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Oct 21, 2005 11:42 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well that is true, if you've got boarders, they've already got brushes and such. So I guess you've got to look at the group you're dealing with Chenders. Most lesson kids probably dont' have all their own stuff yet, so brushes would be fine, but yes, boarders have all that....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#what about giving out gift certificates to the local tack shop?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Re: ...

Postby Kaleena » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:47 am

*Giddy Up* wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But the thing about $25 is that's alot of money- espeically if it's for people and you don't really know the person. You also dont' want to make something stressful out of it- well my opinion. I'd stick to like $5. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
Tinkerbell27 wrote: #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just that most barn/stables everyone knows each other or close to it. Like how many hoof pick and curries does a person need along with note paper,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This is why we do secret Santa for the horses and not for people. Everyone knows the horses whether they ride them or not, horses will appreciate a carrot or an apple anytime, the lesson horses #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#always#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# can use a new brush or hoof pick, halter etc and I can't say I wouldn't be upset if someone gave my horse a new brush in her stocking. :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby AQHAgirl » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:36 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#There's a barn near me that instead of doing stuff on horse back for their Christmas party they put up a volley ball net in the arena and play volley ball or badmiton and other games.  They have potluck and decorate the barn and such.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Helen Thomson ~ In riding a horse we borrow freedom

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
AQHAgirl

Postby AWSgurl » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:52 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have organized several barn party's it is so much fun, we always have a potluck usually we put a list up with items that need to be brought, from side dishes to napkins and paper plates, I usually end up cooking a 20lb turkey and for thoses who don't want to bring anything I ask that they donated to the cost of the turkey, we play secret santa but with a twist...........we put the number of people into a hat and everyone gets to draw a number, who ever has number one gets to pick a present then they open it in front of everyone, the person who has number two can either take number one's present of chose another gift.......you can lose your gift up to three times, it is so much fun you never know what you are going to have until the end of the game. We have also have stall decorating contest and one year we had a musical kur, boarders picked partners and did a pattern to music dressed in costumes or matching attire. It was the highlight of the day........It is so nice to have everyone together and having a good time!!!!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Coloured Horses for Sport
AWSgurl

Return to The Lounge