Songs that get you..

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Postby tbbrat » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Nope, can't lend it out on Halloween - it's a Cold Barn Morris tradition to go trick or treating for booze that night!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hmm..trick or treating for booze.....I'm developing an idea here..... ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby horsemad! » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:59 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Trick or Treating for booze.  That sounds like something Arcadia would do! #ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As for songs that pull at my heart strings:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Elton John - Your Song#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#George Canyon - My Name#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Dee22 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#aww, c'mon, I can't borrow the cotume for halloween? Thanks for thinkin' of me Ruth ;) LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Some of my favorites are:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I Love You - Sarah McLaughlin#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Crash Into Me - Dave Matthews#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Typical Situation - Dave Matthews#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Be Yourself - Audioslave#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) - Green Day#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Glory Box - Portishead#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It Could Be Sweet - Portishead#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Little Sister - Jewel#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm Sensative - Jewel#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Creep - Radiohead#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyone Can Play Guitar - Radiohead#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#(most songs from Radioheads earlier albums)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have many more songs, many that bring memories etc. But I won't list anymore LOL These are just the ones off the top of my head.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What I was trying to say when the computer got schizy is that I think Wasted Time by the Eagles is the ultimate break-up song. Then when you're in the angry phase You Oughtta Know by Alanis Morrisette.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Dee22 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:22 pm

Ruth wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What I was trying to say when the computer got schizy is that I think Wasted Time by the Eagles is the ultimate break-up song. Then when you're in the angry phase You Oughtta Know by Alanis Morrisette.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Ah yes, You Oughtta Know is a good song... geez, there's just too many great songs out there!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby tbbrat » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
aww, c'mon, I can't borrow the cotume for halloween?#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I told ya!!  I'm wearing it to go trick-or-treating for booze!!  Besides, you have to "earn" your bells before you can dance in them.  I've paid for mine with shinsplints, many times over. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Absolutely, I tried to keep my list to songs that can bring a tear to my eye. My very favoritest songs are not so much the tearjerkers, although one or two that I listed are probably in the top 10.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby jax » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:49 pm

lifeafterracing wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and of course.... Raise A Little He## - Loverboy#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#That's Trooper, no?#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Ummm...songs that get me.  I love music, am all about the music, so that's a toughie.  Right now on the radio is Michael Buble's "Feeling Good" which is just awesome at high decibels in the car.  Pretty much anything with lots of sax (yes, I said SAX, get your mind out of the gutter #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Thinking/4.gif"#ed_cl# ) and a good swinging beat works.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Pretty much anything from Keith Urban.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Shaggy - Mister Lover or Carolina#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Il Divo - The Man You Love#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#And the #ed_op#U#ed_cl#all time favourite#ed_op#/U#ed_cl# - Stevie Wonder, Superstitious#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay, I am going to reveal my ultimate geekiness by saying that our national anthem "gets" me.&nbsp; Whenever I hear someone *GOOD* singing it (note, I'm NOT talking about some of the horrid renditions you hear at hockey games) I sometimes get teary.&nbsp; How geeky is THAT?!?!? #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'll also admit that I really am not big into music.&nbsp; Sure, I listen to it in the mornings when I'm getting ready for work, and in the car, but I couldn't tell you the names or artists of most of the songs I hear.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm just starting to get into C&amp;W music.&nbsp; Some of those song lyrics CRACK me up!&nbsp; My current favourite is "Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off".&nbsp; The local C&amp;W radio station is always blaring in our indoor arena, and whenever that song comes on when I'm riding, I tell Tequila that they're playing our song LOL!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby tbbrat » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:25 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#"Tequila Makes Her Clothes Fall Off"?!? #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/8.gif"#ed_cl#&nbsp; I haven't heard #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#that#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# one!&nbsp; I like Toby Keith's new one - "I'm Not as Good as I Once Was, But I'm as Good Once as I Ever Was".#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby chenders01 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah, I love that Toby Keith one too!&nbsp; I'm not sure who sings the "Tequila" one.&nbsp; I'll have to listen next time, to see if they say the singer's name (it's a guy).&nbsp; There's another one I love that I think is called "Do You Want Fries With That?".&nbsp; Love that one too!&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby tbbrat » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've not actually heard this one, but supposedly it's out there - "I Still Miss My Man (But My Aim is Getting Better)".&nbsp; #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Not a country fan except for "The Rodeo Song", and maybe the odd Kenny Rogers classic. Oh, and "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" of course.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Raise A Little Hell is by Trooper#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Another one I heard yesterday that gets me is Father and Son by Cat Stevens.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chenders, I've got to agree, &nbsp;that is pretty geeky!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:26 pm

#ed_op#P#ed_cl#
Ruth wrote:Chenders, I've got to agree, &nbsp;that is pretty geeky!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/4.gif"#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I just chalk it up to being a proud Canadian #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/25.gif"#ed_cl#&nbsp;(okay, those are the US colours but you get the drift)#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby jax » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I always cry when they play our anthem at the Olympics, so there.&nbsp; Call me a geek, I don't care.&nbsp;#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/16.gif"#ed_cl#&nbsp; But then again, I am an Olympics junkie.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#THANK-YOU, Jax!!&nbsp; We can share in our geekness&nbsp; #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Pilgram » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:35 pm

I have so many groups that i listen to and they range from
country-rock-dance due to thats what i grew up with .but to name my fav
is:#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Evanescence#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
* the whole fallen cd#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
My Chemicle romance#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
* the whole sweet revenge cd#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Greenday#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
*basketcase#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
*misery#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
*burnout#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
BORN TO RIDE--FORCED TO WORK
When riding you borrow freedom!
Live well,Laugh lots,Ride often.
**Apples are so over-rated~ A Horse I know**
Pilgram

Postby BBelleTB » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:24 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ok this is geeky too, but Because You Loved Me by Celine Dion, because whenever I was sad or stressed out, I would sing it to my mare when we were riding or just hanging out together, and now, I don't have her anymore and it makes me bawl every time I hear it (literally) and I just think of all the good times we had and hope she remembers too!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Also, Bette Midler wind beneath my wings, for two reasons that are connected!! When I did part of the Big Ben tour in 1994, our last stop was at the Royal, and on the last night they held the big retirement ceremony and Ian had them play That song as his "Ben Song"...&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The second part, that connects, is that the song makes me cry because I think about how much it will remind me of my Nana when she passes away.&nbsp; She was always the one to take me riding lessons, horse shows, horse things, the Royal etc... And she was there with me that night, and we both bawled our eyes out.&nbsp; Now, I think about being at the Royal with her and how as I got older or when I was working, she would come and walk around with me, and when i was with people or busy she would just walk a few steps behind... and there;s a line in that song that goes "it must have been cold there in my shadow, to never have sunlight on your face, you were content to let me shine, that's your way, you always walked a step behind, when I was the one with all the glory (Big Ben Tour) you were the one with all the pain... a beautiful face without a name for so long, that's the way" &nbsp;(everyone I worked with knew her as Nana)"#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BBelleTB
Groupie
Groupie

Postby xena_n_joss » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:45 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Big Ben was such a great horse. I remember when I was&nbsp;9 I did Voltigue and we had gone to the royal to do demos. And we were in the warm up ring and Ian Miller came up to us and I think some other gil on the team was saying we were waiting to see big ben and ian miller, obviously not knowing that that WAS ian miller... LOL... and he was like.. hmm Ian Miller? whos that?? And then we caught on and he told us after our demo that he would have a surprise for all of us. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And the surprise was that we got to go upstaires and go in big bens stall and give him carrots haha. I remember wishing I had a huge horse like that. And now I do! Well xena isnt quite as big... but shes close enough for me. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And everyone should be lucky and find that special horse, like Ian found Ben. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Previous

Return to The Lounge