Songs that get you..

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Songs that get you..

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#There was a post thingy about movies that#ed_op#EM#ed_cl# get #ed_op#/EM#ed_cl#you..but how about songs?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#mine are....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#" I hope you dance " Lee Ann Womack#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#" Because of you " Kelly Clarkson#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#" Dance with the devil " Immortal Technique  <-- rap song...if you wat to download it, listen to it and at the end of it you'll go ..omg...its just that good#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# And the piano song that the girl plays in The Notebook, i try to find out what its called but i can never find it :(#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Tinkerbell27 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 9:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey great thread,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The songs that get me the most ( Now only to list afew), are#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Lifehouse= Storm#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Kelly Clarkson= Behind Theses Hazel Eyes & Because Of You#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tink#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Tinkerbell27
Newbies
Newbies

Postby lifeafterracing » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:13 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I agree.  Great thread.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Believe In You  -  Amanda Marshall#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Come Monday  -  George Strait#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Turn The Page  -  Bob Seger#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and of course.... Raise A Little He## - Loverboy#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
lifeafterracing

Postby xena_n_joss » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmm I really like Faith Hill and Martina Mcbride. They have really good songs. Im a mushy kind of person sometimes and those 2 singers really know how to hit my mushy spot... lol... I liek the song How Far by Martina Mcbride and for Faith Hill... hmm... Take Me As I Am #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:33 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Get you in what way? I listen to alot of different types of music for different reasons. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby goldendryad » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:39 pm

With or Without You - U2#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Fix You - Coldplay#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Yellow - Coldplay#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
The Scientist - Coldplay#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Stupid - Sarah McLachlan#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
The Killers - All these things I've done#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Evanescence - My Immortal#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Evanescence - Hold me down#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Evanescence - Bring me to life#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Drain - Right Through You#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
The Rose#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
KD Lang - Hallelujah#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Joni Mitchell- Both Sides Now#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Enigma - Return to Innosence#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
That's a start...#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Tinkerbell27 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I listen to all types of music, I dont care the style or type. If it gets a gut feeling then I like It.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The songs that I posted seem to hit a tender spot in me, now I know that not many ppl have  hear of Storm by Lifehouse, but I suggest that if you come acrosse it then listen to it/.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tink#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Tinkerbell27
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Winston » Sat Oct 22, 2005 8:37 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#let go - frou frou#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#on top - the killers#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#beautiful people - marilyn manson#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#breaking the habit - linkin park#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#orange sky - alexi murdouch#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#dice - Finley Quaye & William Orbit #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#the way we get by - spoon#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and thats just off the top of my head!!!!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Winston
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Ruth » Sat Oct 22, 2005 10:47 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Songs that "get" me are:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My Immortal - Evanescence#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wildfire - Michael Murphy#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Taxi - Harry Chapin#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Old Shep - Elvis Presley#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Seasons in the Sun - I know who, but name is escaping me - Terry something#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I Remember You - Skid Row#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Memory - Betty Buckley#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#editing to add Shannon - Henry Gross#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby lifeafterracing » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ruth, it's Terry Jacks.  He and Susan Jacks had a band called The Poppy Family.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
lifeafterracing

Postby zooka » Sat Oct 22, 2005 12:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow there are a lot of songs that get me but it all deopends on the mood I am in at the time so it is really hard to list them.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Hev339 » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:25 pm

Hurt - Johnny Cash#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Till Kingdom Come - Coldplay#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Lost Cause - Beck#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Look What You've Done - Jet#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
These songs I can listen to over and over and over again and I still love them. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Hev339
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Brianna » Sat Oct 22, 2005 2:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#This is a list I am working on downloading for a cd...I don't imagine the cd will stick around very long, but at the moment, they all speak to me...some more than others, and I'm guessing you can all figure out which ones, lol#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Run, Run, Run – Ryan Tyler#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#You Are – Jimmy Wayne#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Wrong Again – Martina McBride#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#How Far – Martina McBride#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#It’s a Heartache – Trick Pony#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Best I Ever Had – Gary Allen#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Holy Water – Big And Rich#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#I’ve Forgotten You – Rhonda Vincent#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Change – Tracey Chapman#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#I’m Moving On – Rascal Flatts#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Don’t Laugh At Me – Mark Wills#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Someday – Vince Gill#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Bless The Broken Road – Rascal Flatts#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#I Would Cry – Amy Dalley#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby pony crazy » Sat Oct 22, 2005 3:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#these 3 songs get me in a real bad way especially the last one:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#to where you are-josh groban#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#you raise me up-josh groban#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#who you'd be today-kenny chesney#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that last one came out a few weeks after my mom passed away and it says everything perfectly.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#of course on a lighter note these 3 songs just get me going:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hot mama-trace adkins#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#save a horse ride a cowboy-big and rich#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#she thinks my tractor's sexy-kenny chesney#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#but it could be beacuse trace and kenny are good to look at....lol.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
pony crazy
Newbies
Newbies

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Im a music addict!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anything and Everything by The Killers (saw them in concert they rock, Midnight Show is my fave)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ditto by Keith Urban (especially Raining On Sunday, Days Go By and A Little Luck of Our Own)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Fix You - Coldplay#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Paper Doll - Louis XIV#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i could go on but id get carried away and my current 150 song winamp playlist would b repeated lol!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

Barbaro: We will never know and that will always pain us most
GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Brianna » Sat Oct 22, 2005 6:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#I forgot one, if you can believe it, lol#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#When my great-grandmother died in August of 1998, the first song I heard after I found out was "Angel" by Sarah McLachlan. I heard the song on the radio today - the 2nd time in a week - after not hearing it for nearly 2 years...I always take it as a sign that she is watching over me...#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Positively4thStreet » Sat Oct 22, 2005 7:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#There's a ton of songs...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#U#ed_cl#Bob Dylan#ed_op#/U#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Visions of Johanna#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Let Me Die In My Footsteps#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Pastures of Plenty#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#A Long Time Growin' (so incredibly sad!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It's All Over Now, Baby Blue#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It Ain't Me, Babe#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#U#ed_cl#Dar Williams#ed_op#/U#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The Ocean#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Iowa#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This Was Pompeii#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The Christians and the Pagans#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As Cool As I Am#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#U#ed_cl#Loreena McKennit#ed_op#/U#ed_cl#:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The Highwayman (the most beautiful song I have ever heard)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The Mummer's Dance#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Greensleeves#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dante's Prayer#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I like the song "Adrian" by Jewel, and Leaving On a Jet Plane (I think Jewel did a cover of it, but if I'm not mistaken, Joni Mitchell wrote it). There's another Joni Mitchell song (Amelia?) that I really love, but I don't remember the title. There's a ton of Sara McLaughlan songs I love, but I don't know the names. There's this one song by The Smiths (Morrissey) called There Is A Light That Never Goes Out, and I can't help but tear up-- not that it's a particularly sad song, it just holds signifigance to me via lyrics. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As you may be able to tell, I love my folk music...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Positively4thStreet
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Kricket » Sun Oct 23, 2005 11:20 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#One song that I cannot listen to without crying is a Christmas song - "Christmas Shoes"  I'm not sure who it's by.  And another Christmas song - "The Gift" by Aselin Debison.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I also love "I Hope You Dance" LeeAnn Womak too.  And "Dark Horse" by Amanda Marshall always makes me think of my first horse (who passed away in '02)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know that there are many others, but those are just a few.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Take Care.
DARE TO DREAM
Kricket

Postby babytigger » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:53 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmmm...i don't hink songs particularly do "get" me.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#there's a lot of music i love by various artists - i could go on forever, but no song makes me sit down & stare out the window with a tear in my eye.....i remmber the girls in high school used to scream, and some would cryu, if a boys II men song came on at say the school dance.....ummm..ok guys, it's just a song...i never got like that.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#now if it's a song i really like & i haven't heard in in say, forever, and it comes on the radio, then i may be like "holy cow! i haven't heard this in forever" and i'll listen to it.....but none really "get" me.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby BarnBratCSA » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm totally a music freak! I guess there are different songs that get to me in different moods.  For example, on the way to horse shows at 5am, I want something up-beat and peppy... I let my students bring some CD's and we listen to all sorts of goofy stuff on the way to shows.  When I'm feeling likea redneck (walking into the stroe in my boots and spurs i forgot to take off!) I'm a huge fan of "Back Where I Come From", "She Thinks My Tractor's Sexy", "Redneck Woman", and stuff like that.  When I'm going out with the girls, we like bar music like dance music, so I guess my song depends on my mood.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Has anyone heard the new country song "Honkytonk Badonkadonk"??  It cracks me up!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BarnBratCSA
Groupie
Groupie

Next

Return to The Lounge