Life does go on. and just had a final exam

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Postby tbbrat » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:33 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow!!  He sounds like a keeper - for now, at any rate #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/21.gif"#ed_cl#.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck on your exam tomorrow!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Word_Greetings/7.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby goldendryad » Mon Oct 24, 2005 6:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Best way to do things - pick yourself up, dust yourself off, and get on again. Sounds like this new guy is a real darling. Nothing better than a horse-supportive guy.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You sound so much happier, less stressed with a better outlook. This was a good move for you and you gained a friend.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm happy for you, but if you ever need to talk, you know where to find me.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

dating good school h#ll

Postby Kobau » Mon Oct 24, 2005 8:02 pm

well the guy situation is going nice.... school is killing me... just
figured it out.. i have a final on wensday that in order to pass the
class i have to get 82% on it! 75% is the min passing grade for the
class, and in all areas i'm over that except that i got 68% on the
midterm.. the midterm and final combined must average 75% they say or
you don't pass.... i don't pass i'm failed the class and out of the
program... wanna lose weight stress out about this sort of crap#ed_op#img src="/richedit/smileys/dead.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Sorry just had to vent....#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Winter makes you appreciate mud in the spring!
Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:06 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Wow Kobau, that is stress...sure hope that you pass...I know that you can do it if you put your mind to it..Just "Get 'er Done"  Good luck on the exam K...#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Kobau » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:51 pm

well exam is done.... fingers crossed that i pulled a 82% on this test.... but well who knows!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
    #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
the rest of life is going good... but i think exams should be outlawed!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Being a mom is a wonderful job... being mom to a horse crazy lil boy means combining two things i adore!!!

Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:20 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Well at least you have it behind you...now it is nail biting time.  But no matter what K...we all know that you did your best and that is all anyone can do.  Good luck with it I have my fingers crossed.#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:53 am

Kobau wrote:well exam is done.... fingers crossed that i pulled a 82% on this test.... but well who knows!#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#    #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#the rest of life is going good... but i think exams should be outlawed!#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When do you find out? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Ruth » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I actually like exams and do well on them. I was playing around with the LSATS on Saturday and think I could probably pass them with a little preparation.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyway, Kobau, hope you nailed it!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby BarnBratCSA » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hope you passed!!! Where in the US do you go to school??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BarnBratCSA
Groupie
Groupie

Postby *Giddy Up* » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Here's hoping you do well too!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I agree with you, exams should be outlawed- I never do particularly well on any of mine. They're just a pain in the butt if you think about how much effort you put into your work and tests all throughout the course to get a medicore mark on one test that is worth so much (in my case 30%) so it can drop your mark 5%! Grr! lol...rant over. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Kobau » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:11 am

well, I didn't pass the class #ed_op#img style="cursor: pointer;" onclick="InsertImage('/richedit/smileys/cry.gif');" onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="richedit/smileys/cry.gif" align="middle"#ed_cl##ed_op#img style="cursor: pointer;" onclick="InsertImage('/richedit/smileys/depressed.gif');" onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="richedit/smileys/depressed.gif" align="middle"#ed_cl#
i messed  up and only managed toget 74.2%  on the exam, which
means that i finish with an average 72.5  in  that section of
the class. So i am finishing my other two classes,but i am  no
longer in the nursing program at the college. I wil be finding out if
by chance,all my courses transfer home!  Ithurts to know that i
only needed another three classes after this term and to be so close to
finishing and not be able to..... but everything happens for a reason.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
thanks for the support everyone.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#

Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sorry to hear that Kobau, that sucks to have come so far and not be able to continue. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/8.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby rubberman » Fri Oct 28, 2005 11:59 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Kobau, sorry to hear about your exam, hopefully most of your courses can be transfered to or will be recognized in Manitoba and that you will not have too many additional classes to qualify for your nursing degree in Canada.  Good luck and keep us posted.  By the way is it impossible to take that particular course over or is this a one time deal that restricts you from ever trying again?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
rubberman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm so sorry to hear about your exam results. Things happen for a reason, maybe there's a better opportunity around the corner! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Kobau » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:05 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well i'm getting info from the University of Brandon, and another college about their nursing programs. My LPN stuff should cover certain courses, but it looks so far as though my RN classes may not transfer at all#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley18.gif"#ed_cl#. That is ok as long as all my general classes transfer. I only say that because if i had reapplied to the college i was in, i would have had to take all the nursing classes again anyways....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But on another front, I've got a date with the new guy, the 3rd, so in under a week#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley20.gif"#ed_cl# and today i have a lady driving to see Bull... from 4 hrs away#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley3.gif"#ed_cl# so fingers crossed that he is what she is looking for!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:43 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If she shows up with a trailer that'll give you a pretty good idea!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So, the Canadian guy looks promising?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Kobau » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well i figure she is driving 4 hrs here, just to see him so that is pretty damn good, very unusual around here! But i'm jsut happy to have a seriously interested buyer. She can't show up with trailer cause she is from the US, so to take him home she'd have to have his coggins done etc.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And yup the cnd guy is looking promising... says with my test done i likely need some TLC so he is taking me out for a good dinner.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Sat Oct 29, 2005 2:52 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#That is a bummer K that you did not pass this last exam...you have worked so hard and for so long to get this nursing thing on the ground and working for you.....You have a good attitude about it though...things do happen for a reason for sure.  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#And good luck with the dating scene as well, lol...#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Elizabeth » Sat Oct 29, 2005 5:23 pm

Sorry about the exam but the new guy sounds like a keeper!! Fingers crossed that your horse sells.
Elizabeth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kobau » Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well the lady came, and she is considering him. He is the first horse she has looked at so not holding my breathe but who knows.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm a good attitude about school because ther is nothing i can do about it! so may as well be ok with it all. Figure if i let it continue to upset me then i won't be able to just carry on with life...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#new guy seems to be quite willing to make the effort to get the opportunity to date, waiting till next week etc, so we shall see how it goes!.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#

Kobau
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge