UPDATED!!! - Need serious cat help! Please!

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Postby Hev339 » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:31 pm

WOW! 10 years old! Wouldn't have guessed that one. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Looks like she has found a very loving home, whether you are "cat"
people or not, she definitely found her way into your hearts. :) A very
fitting name, too. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Keep us updated on how she is doing! #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Hev339
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *Giddy Up* » Mon Oct 24, 2005 9:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Aww, good to hear that she should be alright. I'm sure even if she does end up being blind, it won't really bother her. Cat's are tough#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl#. But I hope you get rid of those lice and fleas soon! Those aren't any good. I would make sure your dogs aren't in any contact with her- they can catch any off her easily. I'd also worry about you too with the lice. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good to hear she has a nice home to live at now! That's very cute that Mr. Lix and your dad are already vying for her attention.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby TequillaJack » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:02 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The world needs more people like you, I hate to see animals abused and neglected.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You will have to keep us updated in the future to how the new family member is doing#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
TequillaJack
Newbies
Newbies

Postby pawsnhooves » Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Welcome to the dark side Lix.  I wasn't much of a cat person either, that was 8 cats ago.  They are quite resilient little creatures and like it or not you are losing your heart to her.  It starts that way and then one day there are 16 eyes staring at you and you realize you are a crazy cat lady.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl#  She looks so young to be 10.  I am so happy that she found you, I'm with everyone else, the world needs more people who care, on behalf of cat lovers everywhere, thanks, my guys, all rescues, are applauding you.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.-Mahatma Gandhi
pawsnhooves
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

re

Postby lola s » Mon Oct 24, 2005 11:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000bf#ed_cl#That's pretty good news on your kitty.  I knew you'd get hooked same as me.  My guy got such a great deal he brought home a wild tomcat who is also now a fixture, although he stays outside.  Jumu is a very lucky kitty that you found her.  I'm a bleeding heart like that too. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
lola s
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby chenders01 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Aww, Lix, your story has brought tears to my eyes.  You are truly a good person, to have taken Jumu in.  I have a feeling that she will be one loved and spoiled pussycat.  She is so lucky to have found you!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think that your plan to keep her in the garage is a good one.  If she's 10 and in the poor condition you found her in, she's likely been outside for a very long time (years, maybe).  She would probably have a hard time being confined to the indoors.  Ya never know though...some cats who were strays are so happy to be inside where it's warm, they NEVER want to go back outside.  If you can bring her in on those really brutal cold days we're going to get, that would probably be safer for her (don't want her freezing to death in the garage).  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyway, I'm glad to hear that the vet has given her a good prognosis.  You'll have to be sure to post new pics a couple weeks from now.  I'll bet that the change will be remarkable.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Again, kudos to you and Mr Lix for taking her in.  She is one lucky cat (what is the Swahili word for "lucky?).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:48 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Poor kitty! Kudos Lix, for taking care of her. But if you wanted a cat all you had to do is ask ;) The terrors in my life are still wreaking havoc at every turn. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#BT--You're right its just a clause...in our lease for the old building it said the same thing but everyone had pets. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:58 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lix - i'm glad you got her looked at...poor little thing. imagine 10 yrs old!! wow - she must be tough to survive that long & in her condition...can't imagine what she's been through. welcome to the cat-got-your-heart club, lol......my mum & i are suckers for a cat in need......i want to bring home every one i see...even hubby has taken a liking to the new cat, which he so vehemently denied wanting - now he really likes her. "she's a really cool cat!" he tells me all the time! LMAO!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#anyways.....glad to see Jumu has a home, permanently, for the taking if she wants.....honestly, don't be surprised if she does take off one she's feeling better - it does happen. we took in a grubby old nasty infected tom cat....fed him, loved him, got him cleaned up, fixed & medicated...the minute he was done his meds, off he went, never to be seen again...$400 later of course!!! sometimes they do just want to be out "there". should she go, at least you know you did the right thing, but i hope for your sake & hers, she stays happy & conteneted for her few remaining years in your garage or basement getting fat & jiggly!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby zooka » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:55 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#good job Lix glad to hear the cat is going to be OK#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Lix » Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:23 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had so much trouble posting in this thread yesterday! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Angry/3.gif"#ed_cl# Grrr.  Post got eaten twice and the whole site was slow as molasses.   Anyway, sorry for the tardiness.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#All your kind words are much appreciated! ;)  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#BT- I do hope the little girl doesn't run off like in your case. :( It's funny how easily you can get attached to an animal.  Lola - pawsnhooves:  you are right!  She did get to me pretty quick, lol!  Please don't tell me I'll want to get more cats, lol!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She was doing well last night.  Her eye still looks 'blind' but it's opening up and it's hardly leaking anymore. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Judy - thanks for the pill tip!  I'll have to try that!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chenders- Lucky in swahili was some long hard to pronounce word so we opted not to go with it but it would've been a good word to pick given the circumstances!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks for all the encouragement!  I'll for sure keep you updated! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Previous

Return to The Lounge