Relationship "problems"...

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Postby graciespook » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:58 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But the long term love thing is something so much deeper, and if they are truly in love they will see it. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, things slow down, the excitement dies a little, but I still can't wait to see him at the end of the day. We'd much rather do laundry together than go out dancing or whatever. When I think of the one person who means the most to me and understands me I think of him. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When someone mentions their loved ones or something reminds me of him, my heart swells and I miss him. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't want space and neither does he--we want space from other people. We love to spend time together, we love to love each other. For me, him mowing the lawn or surprising me with dinner when I get home is evidence of love more than a million I love yous or flowers. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What I'm trying to say is, he has to ask himself if he really truly loves you the way you need and #ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl#deserve#ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl# to be loved. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#People hang on to their relationships because of the past or memories or because they don't want to be alone, or for whatever reason, when the more time they spend with them, the more toxic and hurtful it becomes to you as a person. It gets you down, affects your self-esteem, when really you clearly don't need that in your life. No one does. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby xena_n_joss » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:27 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ok... P4S.... if your bf said honey, I dont love you anymore, which is what you told use he said, then he is a jerk. Move on. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#People who are truely in love do not take breaks. I dont believe in breaking up and seeing other people just to see if you like the original person more. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Brianna just went through the exact same thing as you are now. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *Giddy Up* » Tue Oct 25, 2005 1:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But even if he is JUST confused- I still think you two should take a break. It will clear both of your heads.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It definitely isn't easy- no one ever said it was- I'm sure every single person on here who's been through a break up will tell you that at first it hurts like H***. But, time heals all, and as I said, if you two are meant to be, then you will feel even stronger when you do get back together and realize that YES, this IS meant to be. And, if not, then you are that much closer to being over him.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And if it isn't meant to be, then there IS someone out there for you. I don't know, you may still have the blinders on. There are 4 stages of every relationship (heard this on John Tesh the other night)- the first is the in love stage- everything is roses and sunshine and your brain actually TURNS OFF parts of your brain that would normally tell you, "gee, this person is annoying when they do this". You may still be in that stage- still seeing him perfectly. Then there is the second stage, the falling out of love stage where you begin to notice that your SO has flaws. Then the third is the denial sort of stage, where you try to "fix" the person and get them back to the person they once "were" (I say it like that because most of the time, the person never was like that, you just saw them that way). Then the fourth stage is acceptance- realizing that you ARE two different people, but also realizing that you can embrace the other person's faults.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It seems your bf either doesn't love you anymore or is in the falling out stage. Now, I can understand why you would think that he is just confused, because you guys are young right? and I think alot of young people (even people in their 20's) go through phases of confusion when they don't know what they want....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#HOWEVER, at the same time, he still has to treat you with respect and give you the love that you deserve- this is where I think there is the problem. Regardless of how confused he is, he shouldn't be jerking you around. Break-up. Then a couple months down the road when he knows how he feels, and IF you are still interested, then maybe you two can start something up again.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Previous

Return to The Lounge