Halloween Costume Ideas?

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Halloween Costume Ideas?

Postby Dee22 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay guys I need your help!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have a Halloween party to attend this weekend and I have no idea what I should dress up as!! The couple having the party are long time friends of my boyfriend, I have known them about 6 or 7 months. I have no idea how anyone else is dressing and I'm pulling a blank.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't want to get *too* into it and end up sticking out like a sore thumb (dressing up is optional) but I still want to put forth an effort.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Any ideas for some simple kinds of costumes that wouldn't be too expensive to put together?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " style="BORDER-RIGHT: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-TOP: #3169c6 1px solid; BORDER-LEFT: #3169c6 1px solid; CURSOR: pointer; BORDER-BOTTOM: #3169c6 1px solid; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #c6d3ef" onclick="InsertImage('/richedit/cliparts/2.gif');" onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/cliparts/2.gif" align=absMiddle#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:13 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmm a devil or witch.. .or you can go rent a costume for the night. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had the best costume ever last year. EVER...(at least I think so). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We took large pieces of foam, cut them into toast shapes (2) attached string so I could wear a toast piece on either side of me. I dressed in boots, chaps and spurs, and put on my cowboy hat..the result? I was a toasted western. ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The other neat idea I had was to dress up like a pumpkin, and on the front of the pumpkin put the pi sign (ya know, pi= 3.14.....) so I was pumpkin pie!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I could go on ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby zooka » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:59 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hehe Gracie those are funny!  I'm not good with originality...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby xena_n_joss » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:04 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol thats a good one gracie!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:23 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol GS - good ones!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i don't "do" dressing up anymore....i have two kids to dress up - this year the oldest is Lil' Red Riding Hood, and th youngest is Cinderella.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#dee - do something simple...dye your hair crazy again, thourh on some "odd" clothes & be a Japanimation girl. or just get horns & a tail from wal-mart, lol.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby geldinggirlie » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:53 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you dont want to necessarily Dress Up, but still want to look Halloweeney, Go to your nearest Old Navy and pick up a Halloween Teeshirt and wear it with Jeans and do some funky dying with your hair!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OR! Pickup a Cat tail and Ears and dress in Black, One year I dressed in grey and was a Mouse...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That way you ARE dressed up but it's not like you'll totally stand out if no one else dresses up.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Let us know what you decide!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
geldinggirlie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby jax » Tue Oct 25, 2005 10:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have an Irish Walking cape that is red - it has a hood and the whole thing, so if you promise not to spill beer all over it you can borrow it and be L'il Red Riding Hood #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/7.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Of course its wool so it'll be toasty.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Tue Oct 25, 2005 2:38 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My standard costume is a unicorn. You need white pants of some sort (I use leggings, but they don't have to be), a white turtleneck, black gloves and black shoes or boots for hooves.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#For the horn take a piece of felt and roll it diagonally and then punch two holes in the bottom to run an elastic through to hold it on your head. Make sure the horn is not too long and has a wide enough base or it will droop.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#White face make-up and white hairspray. Warning - your teeth will suddenly look very yellow!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#For the tail cut some strips of tissue paper and wrap some masking tape around one end. Stick that end down the back of your pants and that's your tail.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Providing you have a white turtleneck already this isn't an expensive costume, the white hairspray was the most expensive thing the last time I did this costume, but I have really long hair and a fair bit of it. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just be prepared for some jokes directed at you about having something that looks somewhat like a dink protruding from your forehead! Especially if it ends up drooping!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Dee22 » Tue Oct 25, 2005 3:19 pm

Ruth wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just be prepared for some jokes directed at you about having something that looks somewhat like a dink protruding from your forehead! Especially if it ends up drooping!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#ROFLMAO!!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/8.gif"#ed_cl#Too funny Ruth!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#LOL, you guys all have some good ideas! See? I can't be original like that!! Gracie, loved your Toasted Western idea LOL... #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Okay, lets see, I was actually thinking of the Little Red Riding Hood thing before you posted Jax, so if that's what I decide than I think I will take you up on your offer of borrowing your 'cape' ;) Thanks!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Thanks for your help and keep the idea's coming guys!! I like to have lots to choose from! :) ;) #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby *Giddy Up* » Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:25 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's creative Gracie!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think if you want to do something simple Dee, just go out and get some cat or rabbit eears to put on your head (could also be devil horns, halo, ect) and then maybe a tail if you're a cat or rabbit.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think the cat or rabbit is easiest- for cat, where regular black clothes with the tail and ears, so you ARE dressed up, but if need be you could easily take the ears and tail off and look normally. With the bunny, wear all white, or all pink-something lightly coloured. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby TequillaJack » Tue Oct 25, 2005 8:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Go with the school girl look, the bf will love it, plaid shirt, white dress skirt, knee socks and your done#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#or the ever fun sexy cowgirl, skirt, tanktop, plaid shirt over if you want and a cowboy hat, I always top it off with hooker boots.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I really have no imageation either, and hate halloween so I go simple#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
TequillaJack
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Megan Ball » Tue Oct 25, 2005 9:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Goth works well and it's cheep! White make-up and black lipstick, nails, and lots of eyeliner(be creative with it! lots of swirls or zigzags!!) Of course black clothing and boots!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby graciespook » Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:13 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thank you, thank you..its one of my very few talents--creative halloween costumes, but they all seem to revolve around food..in fact every costume I've been has had something to do with food, except one...hrmm...#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Thinking/2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Dee22 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:17 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Gracie, when I told my boyfriend of your costume idea he thought it was hilarious! LOL...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Now, for me... I'm thinking, Little Red Riding Hood... but what else would I wear besides Jax's cape? My closet if very limited... jeans, some dress pants... t-shirts and a few sweaters... UGH, I hate dressing up! Maybe I should cheap out and just weat cat ears?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Trufflemaker » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If you decide on the cat costume, try to find a nice sparkly black mask! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby Ruth » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dee, could you get your BF to go as Granny or the Big Bad Wolf? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would think to wear little girl clothes for your legs - a short skirt and knee high white socks with MaryJanes or something to that effect.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Dee22 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL, my bf already thought about being the wolf LOL... hrm, would it be cruel to make him go as the granny? LOL....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, knee high socks sound good... hopefully I can find some kind of skirt at Value Village too...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Maybe so, but it would be much funnier.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:47 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hee hee..I second that#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Next

Return to The Lounge