so newbies...and oldies....

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Postby chenders01 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:20 pm

Ridingdouds wrote:
chenders01 wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ridingdouds, what is a Hansard translator??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Hi Chender!#ed_op#BR#ed_cl# I translate the debates of the House of commons and Senate. The#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#hansard is what the edited/translated transcripts are called. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So, you take out all the swear words, then??  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Fri Oct 28, 2005 12:32 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow what a cool job... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby vannarae1975 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 1:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The weather where i am from gets very very cold, so when everyone here says boy its cold well come from where i am from and you will know what cold is.   I love the winters here.pretty pony where are you from?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
vannarae1975
Newbies
Newbies

Postby babytigger » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:28 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#vannarae - PP is out the london way.....i know it gets cool out there too! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#RD - that is a neat job......very cool.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby EatMyDust » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, I live down the road from witteven friesens. Its a 2 second drive. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah, Martha Stewart's horses are from there.They have a beautiful riding bush behind the farm...gorgous...thats where I had my first trail ride, and its so peaceful, Dusty doesnt even spook at the deer when we ride in there. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#There is a sad story about WF's though. Two years ago they had a horrible hay fire. They thankfully got all the horses out but, the owners prized carts(One was from gone in the wind) were burned. They rebuilt a barn...very pretty, but its not the same. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I can get some pictures if I go riding over there soon. I have one, of me and my brother and my friend standing beside the pasture...lol...but I think thats it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Everyone should get together for a trail ride lol. I have ALLLLLLL the trails!!!!! and we can see the friesens! if we must...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ill edit this and put them on once they load!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby pawsnhooves » Fri Oct 28, 2005 3:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Horsemad! You are right, Witteveen Friesians is in Paris and all of Martha Stewart's Friesians came from there.  One of her guys is full brother to my Vixen.  It is a cool place and I try to stay away from there so I don't get tempted.  Buying Friesians can become an expensive habit.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.-Mahatma Gandhi
pawsnhooves
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *Eli's coming* » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've been lurking for ages, but  I never actually introduced myself I don't think#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#where :  Ottawa #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#job : currently looking#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#what : 20 single female#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#horses:  a 10 year old Canadian gelding, recently retired because of hocks, and a yearling Canadian filly.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#discipline : nothing right now, I'm looking around for horse options now that my boy is out of it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was doing dressage, but I've also evented, and done jumper and trail.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*Eli's coming*
Newbies
Newbies

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Fri Oct 28, 2005 6:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know where Embro and Bright are now here's one fore you Kintore - I used to live there...all 1 intersection of it lol!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

Barbaro: We will never know and that will always pain us most
GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eclipse's Fury » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:38 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#job- gr.11 highschool  lol fun fun fun lol #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#horses-Eclipse's Fury grey arabian gelding long distance riding :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hope to do's- hunter jumper ring, riding instructor all hopefully happening next spring#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Eclipse's Fury

Postby Pilgram » Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:36 am

#ed_op#span class="postbody"#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Where: Oakville , Ontario#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# #ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Job: Server Oliveiro's sandwich spot #ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# #ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#What: 21 y/o in a serious relationship#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# #ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Horse(s): N/A#ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl# #ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#div#ed_cl#Discipline(s): English hunter/jumper aiming to show jump#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#/div#ed_cl##ed_op#/span#ed_cl#
Last edited by Pilgram on Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BORN TO RIDE--FORCED TO WORK
When riding you borrow freedom!
Live well,Laugh lots,Ride often.
**Apples are so over-rated~ A Horse I know**
Pilgram

Postby zooka » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#this thread was a good idea I love hearing about everyone!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Gemina » Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This post is a very interesting read.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Where: St. Amie du Lac des Iles,  Quebec, two hours north of Ottawa#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Job:  retired to our cottage on a beautiful lake....very cold in winter but the snow stays white. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What:  Married for many years and still enjoying it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Horse: Sunny, Appendix, just lost my horse  on Tuesday, September 27. He chose a good time the old guy. I was really worried about the coming winter. Miss him. Find myself still looking in the veggie bins for corn on the cob, his favourite treat.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Discipline: Trail riding.....have done Jumpers/hunters/eventers/dressage#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Gemina
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Guineapigger » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:03 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am more of a lurker than a poster on BB's.  I used to post more stuff , but I  tend to be too honest with my posts and piss people off, so I have basically given up and just lurk.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Live in Kitchener, board in Guelph#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Occupation - pet nutritionist - I train sales staff /clients for major p.f company on pet nutrition#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Age - 36#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Living with S.O for an alarming 16 years, no kids (by choice, he is very immature and so we don't need any more).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Horse - Vallabaya, 4 yr old CSH (Han x NSH)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Discipline - Dressage#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Link: #ed_op#A href="http://community.webshots.com/user/guineapigger"#ed_cl#http://community.webshots.com/user/guineapigger#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Guineapigger
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Lix » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:25 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#7f003f size=7#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0060bf#ed_cl#Welcome#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#0080ff#ed_cl#to all the newbies and lurkers!!!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Tahoma color=#00407f#ed_cl#Stick around, it's always great to hear from new people. ;)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby Foxie » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Where - Oakville, Ontario#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Job - Financial Anaylst/Accountant (bean counter!!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What - Single and looking for the perfect man!!! lol#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Other/3.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Horses -  Ozzie the cutest little Poo Bear.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Love/1.gif"#ed_cl# Going to be showing Trillium with him next year.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Foxie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:31 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ok, this is good - c'mon, more people!!!!!!!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Azalee » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Where: Pickering, Ontario#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Job: Government#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What: 25 year old single gal#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Horse(s): Azalee, 8 year old TB mare#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Discipline(s): Hunter#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

Postby PerfectAngel » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:46 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ok, I'll bite....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Where: Sudbury area (Wahnapitae, actualy..lol) ON#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Job: Student... at Laurentian University#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What: 18 yr old SWF#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Horse(s): Sweet Pea (bay pony mare), Ernie (brown mule), Sheza Perfect Angel (bay roan/white tobano Paint), Streak (sorrel QH X), and Tequila Sunrise (appy/qh)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Discipline(s): western (speed events) and jumpers#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Image Image Image
PerfectAngel
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Rio Roulette » Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:09 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm a little slow on the uptake.... I come here daily but don't always have time to read everything - this thread has been a good one.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Where: North of Kingston in a town called Elgin. Love it here because I'm actually a stone's throw from Hawkridge Equestrian centre.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What: Late 40's female no kids - married to a great guy for 9 years.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Horses: Overo in my avatar, he's 7 and retired because of DJD. Paint/TBxClyde#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Brown filly (yes brown) rising 2, Hannoverian/TBxPerch. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Looking for one to ride. My overo was supposed to be my riding horse while my project grows up but that's not working out. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Disciplines: done most of them, but currently dressage - safer at my age. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rio Roulette
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Adpaga » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:49 am

guess the "dressage diva" (thanks Pawsnhooves #ed_op#img style="border: 1px solid rgb(49, 105, 198); cursor: pointer; background-color: rgb(198, 211, 239);" onclick="InsertImage('/richedit/smileys/dressagerider.gif');" onmouseover="this.style.backgroundColor='#C6D3EF';this.style.border='1px solid #3169C6'; " onmouseout="this.style.backgroundColor=''; this.style.border=''" src="richedit/smileys/dressagerider.gif" align="middle"#ed_cl#) has to stop lurking and introduce herself!#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
where: Sudbury#ed_op#br#ed_cl#from: Paris (the big city in France)#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#who: 35 year old female (freemale as my little brother used to say when#ed_op#br#ed_cl#he learned english), with three children, the youngest is in my avatar,#ed_op#br#ed_cl#and wonderful husband.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#what: dressage rider/trainer and coaching less then a handful of students.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#owned
by: Renoir, aka Rudi, 8 year old gelding, my partner in dreams and
hopes, Mammacitta a 15 year old white fronted Amazone, Yakaboo a 35
year old African Grey, O'Malley the best German Shepperd ever and
Maniana the Chi who runs the household -but only from May to October,
after she dissipears under the blankets.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#shared by: Gideon who stole my (and my daughter's) heart and I am so lucky  Zooka retired him with me. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#   

Galen a four year old Hann mare owned by Zooka, we had lots of fun to
show her this year!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#               #ed_op#br#ed_cl#Pawnshooves's
herd, with a special mention of those Gaited divas who have ruined my
hopes to ever make a dressage rider out of my hubby.#ed_op#br#ed_cl##ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Remember: happiness is a way of travel, not a destination
Adpaga
Groupie
Groupie

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge