Great Expectations (the pregnancy thread for everyone!)

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Great Expectations (the pregnancy thread for everyone!)

Postby stronghold » Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl#There seem to be quite a few of us who are expecting in the next little while, so I thought I'd start this up for us, as well as anyone who wants to join in.  Any of you who have been there, done that and have some valuable advice, please let us know!  Anyone who hasn't been there, done that and is curious, ask your questions here!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl#I'll start.  I am almost 19 weeks pregnant (almost halfway there!) with baby number two.  Looking forward to actually starting to look pregnant, because right now, I just look like I have put on a few pounds!  Had a nuchal translucency ultrasound (screening for genetic problems like Down's Syndrome) at 11 weeks, and all was well.  I go for my routine ultrasound next Thursday.  I want to find out the sex of the baby, but Jack wants to be surprised.  If I thought I wouldn't spill the beans, I'd find out, but I guess I'm stuck not knowing.  Not that it matters to me what it is, I just want to know!  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl#This pregnancy has gone by relatively unnoticed by me, being so busy with William.  I had no morning sickness like the first time, and for that I am eternally grateful.  I have just been so very tired...  I could sleep 25 hours a day.  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl#So let's hear from you all!  No horror stories, please, though.  The first timers don't need anything else to be worried about!  LOL#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<strong><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font color="red"> In Loving Memory of Buzzing Pride
"Floppy"
April 3, 1978 - September 13, 2005
~~Champion, Teacher, Friend~~

>
stronghold
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:10 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#maybe your having a girl if you arn't having any morning sickness? This girl from work is on her third kid and the 2 she has are 1 boy and 1 girl. She said for her girl (the oldest) she was really sick, for the boy she wasnt at all, and this time she is really sick again so she thinks its a girl.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#000000#ed_cl#I would be afraid of getting a nuchal translucency, like what if they actually find something? I would spend the rest of the pregnancy freaking about it and dreading it. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:57 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'd rather be prepared Xena...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats again to all the pregnant BBer's on the site! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've never been prego ovioulsy im 16 lol. But if your child had downsyndrom or somthing, its not&nbsp; something to dread i don't think. More of something for you to be aware of, and know it may be a bit harder. Compair it with horses, your horse has ohh wobbles or something, your not going to love it anyless or not want to&nbsp;see him. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't think that was what you were saying Xena, bt its kinda sorda the same type thing..maybe lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#stronghold: Hehe you should find out what it is and tell us:) we won't tell anyone#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Megan Ball » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:50 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The IPS test(down's and spina bifida tests) is both an ultrasound and a blood test. I had a positive test come up for my first baby for SB and they re-test you through ultrasound( a much more thourough one!!) and everything came up normal(appearently you are more likely to come up, as a false positive, if you have spotted in your pregnancy). My girl is very healthy and now that #2 is on the way I will take the test again, because it is so much better to actually know if you kid is going to be perfectly healthy or have a problem like down's or SB. There are tons of support groups and people to help you out if your kid does have 1 of these and it's always better to be prepared before hand then having to deal with this "surprise " and trying to find these groups and get to know these new people when you are going thru post partum depression!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And Xena as for your morning sickness theory, you can toss that 1 out the window,lol, I was sick until 6 mths for my first(a girl) and I'm sick for my second too!! I was sick even over the&nbsp;MS drugs! Your only supposed to take 1-2 a day and I was taking 3(with DR approval) and still nauseas!! And it's not just in the mornings...it's all day long!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#For me I hate being pregnant for the first couple of trimesters! The only good part is feeling the baby move or when they get the hiccups!!(I loved that). The best part is knowing that you will get to meet a new person that's all yours!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby babytigger » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:01 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#something to share....OK, while i loved my kids, i loathed being pregnant. hated every minute of it. thank goodness i'm not having anymore right now as i woudln't be able to handle it!! i have enough on my plate with my two &amp; everything else...i'm glad i don't have to worry about being pregnant as well! lol.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#congrats to those who are enjoying it!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Easter » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:05 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good thread Stronghold! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am 34 weeks pregnant - only 6 more weeks to go! Yikes! This is our 1st child, and so far, I have had a really good pregnancy - hardly any m/s, rode up until 6 months, still active, and most of my weight gain has been all belly so far. I am going to stop work on Nov 18, and I can't wait! It's so hard to concentrate right now on work. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We don't know what we are having, and are happy with our decision, but my gut says we are having a girl. So, we will see if I am right. We have had 4 ultrasounds so far, and everything is looking really well! We also had the IPS, which all the results came back negative which is good. If you go to any baby board, there is always lots of discussion about this - My opinion is that the more informed you are, the more you can educate yourself. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Easter

Postby graciespook » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:18 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow Easter, you're that far along already?? It seems like yesterday you told us you were expecting! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Megan Ball » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah hubby brought home the drugs!!!!! But holy cow!! I didn't realize how expensive they were!! I got them for free last time cause of being in the army! Over $80 for 50 pills!!! Luckily I'm almost at the end of my 1st trimester, so I'm hoping that this m/s goes away sooner then my firsts did!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby graciespook » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:41 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thats expensive! I have a hard enough time paying for the non-pregnancy pills. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Littlegreymare » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:38 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#Children&nbsp;are not cheap! lol#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#I never complain about the cost of my bcp...$50/3 months is wayyy less expensive than having a kid.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Littlegreymare
Groupie
Groupie

Postby xena_n_joss » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:59 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LGM.... I second that! Mine is only 20$ a pack. But Id rather take that then have kids right now. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Happy Appy's » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:20 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I found that for the first few day, everytime&nbsp;I picked up my baby the&nbsp;I was lolled to sleep.&nbsp;I had a hard time keeping awake. It was just so soothing and relaxing. I have 3 and then I had to have a hystorectomy (sp). I wish that I could have had the fourth. I babysit 2 boys now so that I can stay home with the horses and I remembered when My favorite age is. It's when they can walk. I hated being stuck to the stroller, carring them or the back pack to get around. They should pop out walking in my opinion.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Happy Appy's
Groupie
Groupie

Postby babytigger » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:31 am

Happy Appy's wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;They should pop out walking in my opinion.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#oh gawd! no thanks! could you imagine the pain that would cause...it's bad enough they way it is now, never mind a baby that was big enough to walk! lol....no thanks!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Happy Appy's » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:42 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just think of all the positive things, no bottle feeding, no diaper changing, no stroller, no crib, and of course everyone would have a c-section instead of delivering natural. I'm talking about saving a few grand easy.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Happy Appy's
Groupie
Groupie

Postby babytigger » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:45 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LMAO HA!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i think for some people the whole idea of having a baby is to go through the wee hours of the a.m being woken up for feeding, changing diapers &amp; having baby coo at them (it's great when they smile, but IMO, not worth 10 mths of being prego! lol)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Happy Appy's » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:00 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You don't think that it's to carry on the human race or to have someone to keep the family name alive? Don't you think that it's true that most men want a boy to carry on him family name and women want a girl to play with and dress up cute?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#"this is me ducking"#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/11.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Happy Appy's
Groupie
Groupie

Postby babytigger » Fri Oct 28, 2005 2:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol HA...i know that's not why i had kids, but i won't get into #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#that,#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# LMAO!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i never did "dress up" cutesey stuff as a kid, and my girls don't do it now lol....but it's a struggle when they ask me to do their hair (umm...i can do pony tails &amp; braids &amp; pig tails, that's it), and since one of their aunts got them hooked on wearing nail polish........geesh!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Kricket » Sun Oct 30, 2005 2:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#BT - I'm the opposite...I loved being pregnant, every minute of it.&nbsp; It's such an amazing time.&nbsp; Of course, I got lucky with no morning sickness or any problems either time (a boy and a girl, so I agree with forgetting about guessing the sex by your pregnancy symptoms).&nbsp; My only problem was being soooo tired, and HUGE at the end.&nbsp; But then, both of mine were over 10 lbs so I guess it's no surprise that I was tired.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Best wishes to everyone here that is pregnant!&nbsp; I almost wish that I could be with you!&nbsp; lol&nbsp; But I don't think that we're quite ready for another yet.&nbsp; It's alot of work being a Mom!&nbsp; But I wouldn't trade it for the world.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Take Care.
DARE TO DREAM
Kricket

Postby Megan Ball » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm fully expecting this baby to be over 10 lbs!! My first was over 9 lbs and #2 babies are usually bigger and eariler! As she is right now( just turned 2) she is the size of a 3 yr old! She can even count to 10 already and she's teaching herself&nbsp; to count in spanish! Can you say addicted to Dora??!!! Plus the fact that she almost never shuts up she'll probably skip primary and go straight to grade 1!! I think I'm gonna go deaf with 2 kids!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Next

Return to The Lounge