Time to Fess up!

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Postby Eileen » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:01 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#I am assuming then that not many of you won a whole lot on this draw.  Now the ticket was sold in Alberts, that is a known fact but gee....doesnt mean that the money stays in Alberta, could have been someone just passing through...do we have any one here that was there just in the past week...??/#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I  very seldom buy on the 6/49 lottery...but I heard all the hype about it so decided what the heck I could splurge my $5.00 and I think that is exactly what I did....blew it away....down the drain it went  lol  ...Oh well it was fun for a while..#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ah yes, to have 54M....then again, I don't buy lotto tickets, but IF!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think I wouldn't work another day in my life- well, apart from working at my world class stable#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl#. But I still think I'd go to university- for the fun of it! Ah...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, since it was one person who won the whole thing, hopefully they were someone who really needed that money. That would be nice to hear. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eileen » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:21 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#From what I saw on the news tonight it was 17 people that held the one ticket....but hey that is still enough $$ for each person to retire on...lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:46 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I also heard that there was one guy who buys a ticket every week, adn this week opted not to....can you imagine? I hope they cut him in on it! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Eileen » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:01 am

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#EEEE gads, that would be my luck....I bet he is tired from kicking him self in the ass for being such a dunce  lol#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:15 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#54 mil  split between 17 people = 3.17 or 3.18 mil each...............hmmmm how nice for them. and yeah - that guy who opted out must be pissed. i wouldn't cut him in - he didn't put in any money this time around...he lost his shot! lol!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Dee22 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 8:38 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hmmm, at my work there is usually 18 of us that put in on buying tickets.... this week, however, someone opted not to buy in, so there were only 17 of us.... did we win and someone is just not telling me?#ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Thinking/1.gif"#ed_cl#  LOL! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:32 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#dee - i didn't know you worked in alberta!!! lol.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Dee22 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:39 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL, okay, so everything checks out except that... I guess I'm safe ;) #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would cut him something...seriously. I would be very angry. And what fun is that amount of money without sharing?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:47 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol GS.....then again - he had his chance!! i'm sure someone will cut him in, becasue they feel bad for him!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i hear that the winners will be given counselling on how to deal with the numerous requests for money they'll undoubtably receive from relatives & charities, etc......#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i couldn't even imagine how winning $10000 would help me & change a few things, never mind 54 mil, even if it has to be split up!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:29 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#But do they really get the full amount here and now or do they have options like maybe once a year get a cheque for som much or get a whole bundle right now but not the whole kitty?  I have read different things about these big lottos and when it gets down to brass tacks...the winner does not necessarily get the gigantic figure that was shown as the big prize, rather they get some options of a big wad now or an annual cheque for the rest of their lives.  Don't know I have never personally been in the position.  lol#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Eileen » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:29 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#But do they really get the full amount here and now or do they have options like maybe once a year get a cheque for som much or get a whole bundle right now but not the whole kitty?  I have read different things about these big lottos and when it gets down to brass tacks...the winner does not necessarily get the gigantic figure that was shown as the big prize, rather they get some options of a big wad now or an annual cheque for the rest of their lives.  Don't know I have never personally been in the position.  lol#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Previous

Return to The Lounge