Time to Fess up!

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Time to Fess up!

Postby Eileen » Wed Oct 26, 2005 10:39 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yep, common who won the lottery last night...there must be someone out there that won someting...I just missed the numbers on the tv...will have to wait now to see if I can say "Wheeee"  lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Chisholm » Thu Oct 27, 2005 5:52 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Don't know yet, will take my tickets in this morning and see.  Won 71.20 last Wednesday, paid for the gas in my truck.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby tbbrat » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:21 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Did you hear about Aaron?  Apparently, every week Aaron would get down on his knees and pray to win the lottery - "please, Lord, let this be the week I win the lottery".  Week after week he prayed, this went on for years.  Then one night as Aaron is begging to win the lottery this week, a loud voice says "AARON!  BUY A TICKET!" #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/8.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm kinda like Aaron - I don't buy tickets. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Kaleena » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:24 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#A bunch of us went in on tickets here at work...don't know if we won yet, but I'll be sure to let you know! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby chenders01 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:38 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't buy tickets, I'm way too frugal (cheap).  I was listening to the radio this morning and the woman announcer said that she had spent over $500 in the past year on lottery tickets, with no return whatsoever.  Now, I guess if you win the million, a $500 investment really isn't that much, but if you never win *anything* it's a lot to spend.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Or maybe I'm just being waaay too practical #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:00 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Someone in alberta won..I was actually depressed that I didn't win this morning. And they MrGS reminded me that 30% of Americans are counting on the lottery for retirement. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#All I can say is I feel ultimately poor after hearing it soared to $54M by the time they made the draw.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Dee22 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:24 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#For this lottery alone (not incl. last weeks) $99,000,000.00 was spent on tickets!! Yikes!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I pooled with employee's here at work... *sigh* $54M would have been soooo nice :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Megan Ball » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I rarely buy tickets,but when we do...sigh! I already have the money well spent in my head!!!!! If it's only 1 million then I could have it ALL gone in 1 week!! No kidding!!! But for $54 mill, that could take awhile!! hehehe#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby graciespook » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:17 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And I feel like an idiot because I know I wasn't going to win, but I still wanted to, and hate to hear people talk about it this morning. I wish I was rich *sigh* I should be marrying for money ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:50 am

Megan Ball wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# I already have the money well spent in my head!!!!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol megan - you sound like me...sometimes hubby & just sit there saying "54 million? oh yeah - we could do with that..we'd get this & this & this & this & pay off this & this & this & this"#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#it would be nice........::sigh::#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#but you can't win if you don't play! and i, like chenders, don't play....except the rare time, but i didn't contribute to the ridiculous amount spent this time!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Ruth » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:35 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, my dad lives in Calgary so I'm hoping it's him who won. Not especially counting on it, mind you.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm with Chenders, I'm too cheap to buy tickets, I figure I"m further ahead to keep that money. I do have a friend from high school who won a million on a scratch ticket though! I guess seeing as I know someone who won my chances of actually winning are diminished.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:53 am

Ruth wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# I guess seeing as I know someone who won my chances of actually winning are diminished.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmmm - so what to you think about the people who win twice? i say once you win once (as in a big amount) that's it - you're not allowed to win again!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:55 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You've got to wonder who they slept with in order for that to happen....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LMAO ruth - no kidding!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i worked with a guy last year who knew someone who'd won it twice. the first time, he won like 22 million...within a year or 2 he'd blown it all & was going down the tubes....then he won again, like another 5 or 10 mil. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#talk about having the whole horse up you a$$!!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh, crap!  Winning twice?!?!?  No kidding about having the whole HORSE up there   #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My hubby, on a whim, bought one of those "Cash for Life" game tickets last week.  We won 4 bucks and celebrated LOL!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The most I've ever won is $50 on a $2 scratch ticket. I probably buy 3 a year so that won't bankrupt me. I did once win a trip to Sandals Bahamas and took the cash value instead. That was one of those cases that show you that it really does only take one ticket to win - I only had 2 compared to my boss who had about 50! That made a small dent in my vet bills, and bought a new washer.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Dee22 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When I was still in highschool and had like $5 to my name. I spent $2 on a coffee than went and spent $3 on a scratch and win ticket... and I won $100! :) #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My dad, once, a looong time ago was picking out a scratch and win ticket in a store. Some rude woman came in and basically snatched up the ticket my dad was pointing to. He was going to say something to her but figured "meh, i never win anyway" and she ended up winning something like $20,000 on HIS ticket! Talk about a bummer, I'd be FUMING! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i was talking to my family, if i won the money i wouldn't stop working! Money goes very quickly especially if you like expencive thinsg like i do. I would go and buy a house maybe 15mil. then you need furniture, the ovious help out people you know who have bills, give to the comunity, INVEST, and buy big expencive warmbloods. theres all the money! Oh and get a coffee#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:13 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dee, I would be livid!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Dee22 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:29 pm

Ruth wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dee, I would be livid!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Yeah, he was kicking himself in the arse the whole way home#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley5.gif"#ed_cl# . The funny part about it all is that *normally* my dad would have fought with the lady about the ticket (before it was scratched) just for the principle of it... he can't stand people that are pushy and rude like that... usually he would make a big stink... strange that this day he didn't... maybe the woman really needed the money? LOL... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#PP72 - 54M would be pretty hard to blow... you could live off the interest from the bank alone ... plus if you invested properly, you would never have to work a day in your life again... even if you do have expensive taste. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Next

Return to The Lounge