More Points to Ponder

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

More Points to Ponder

Postby Cheryl » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:44 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#LI#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=left#ed_cl#When dogs leap onto your bed, it's because they adore being with you. * When cats leap onto your bed, it's because they adore your bed. #ed_op#I#ed_cl#Alisba Everett#ed_op#/I#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#LI#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=left#ed_cl#When a friend asked his six-year-old brother why babies are spanked when they are born, the youngster replied, "To get them used to it." #ed_op#I#ed_cl#Doug Belknap & Chad Goodwin#ed_op#/I#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#LI#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=left#ed_cl#Veterinarian examining cat to cat's owner: "I'm afraid we'll have to keep him overnight. Are you going to need a loaner?." -#ed_op#I#ed_cl#AVl. Twohy#ed_op#/I#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#LI#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=left#ed_cl#You know your children are growing up when they stop asking you where they came from and refuse to tell you where they're going. #ed_op#I#ed_cl#P. J. O-Rourke#ed_op#/I#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#LI#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=left#ed_cl#One good thing about being wrong is the joy it brings to others. #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#LI#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=left#ed_cl#Blessed are the young, For they shall inherit the national debt.- #ed_op#I#ed_cl#Herbert Hoover#ed_op#/I#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#LI#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=left#ed_cl#In America, anyone can become president. That's one of the risks you take. #ed_op#I#ed_cl#Adlai Stevenson#ed_op#/I#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#LI#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=left#ed_cl#The main reason Santa is so jolly is because he knows where all the bad girls live. #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#LI#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=left#ed_cl#I went to a bookstore and asked the saleswoman, "where's the self-help section?" She said if she told me, it would defeat the purpose. #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#LI#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=left#ed_cl#Why do they put Braille symbols on the drive-through bank machines?#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/LI#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Cheryl

Postby xena_n_joss » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:04 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol some of those are really funny#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very true...same as when they give a special phone line for deaf people....I always scratch my head over that one. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Megan Ball » Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:54 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GS the special phone line is actually good( i have friends that are deaf) it pumps out paper with what you said on it. There is a special person with the phone comp that does the translating for the 2 talkers.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby babytigger » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:09 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL those are cute!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby graciespook » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:19 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very interesting Megan!! I had no idea how they managed that! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Thu Oct 27, 2005 9:57 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GS - yep! when i worked for a taxi co. years ago taking the calls, we sometimes had to "middle person" call us - it was kind of odd how the conversation goes...they call, the operator asks you to wait until she knows what the deaf person is looking for, the operator asks you & types your response for the deaf person(or i should say hearing impaired!) to read, then you have to wait for their response....it's kinda neat!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby graciespook » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:10 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Huh! Learn something new every day! :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby BarnBratCSA » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:36 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Those were cute! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BarnBratCSA
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Ruth » Thu Oct 27, 2005 11:31 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Depending on the set up of the drive-through bank machine, passengers can access them.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to The Lounge