What are You Reading?

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Postby graciespook » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:39 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have to read the Harry Potter books--we have the three movies that are out, and I haven't touched the books yet! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby tbbrat » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:43 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've read Mary Stewart's books on Arthur - years ago now.  I know I've read "The Wicked Day" but I've read sooo many Arthurian books (even took a course in Arthurian Lit. at University ).  Actually, I was just reading Bernard Cornwell's "The Winter King" but I had to take it back to the Library as the stupid computer wouldn't let me renew it online.  Grump.  So right now I'm not reading anything except recipe books for cheese.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Diana Gabaldon is coming to Cambridge Centre Mall to do a book-signing sometime soon - have to look it up if anyone is interested.  I've enjoyed her "Outlander" series, but I'm not buying hardcovers right now!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: What are You Reading?

Postby Brianna » Fri Oct 28, 2005 4:02 pm

chenders01 wrote:
Brianna wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Uhm...I also read all the Harry Potter's...Chenders, kudos for rereading all of them,lol - I was going to, but don't have the time with readings from school. The 5th book was amazing - I cannot wait for the next one.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The fifth book was "Order of the Phoenix".  Have you read the sixth book yet "Half-Blood Prince"??  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm glad that I decided to read all the books again as I forgot most of the details...I must've been half asleep when I read them the first time #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley9.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And, re. the Mary Stewart "Crystal Cave" books, the follow-up book, about Mordred, is called "The Wicked Day".  Has anyone read that one?  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
\#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Yes, I meant the 6th book...its been a crazy week and I am exhausted, lol...just smile and nod when I post something idiotic ;) ;)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Pilgram » Fri Oct 28, 2005 10:28 pm

im reading a terrible beuty by nancy baker. its a good book im in chapter 9.
BORN TO RIDE--FORCED TO WORK
When riding you borrow freedom!
Live well,Laugh lots,Ride often.
**Apples are so over-rated~ A Horse I know**
Pilgram

Postby Hev339 » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:34 am

Favourite book ever is "Catch-22" by Joseph Heller.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I just finished "Famous Last Words" by Timothy Findley. Now I've read
ALL his books...I recommend any..."The Last of the Crazy People" and
"The Wars" are my personal faves...#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Now I am entering my OPRAH book club phase. lol. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I am reading "She's Come Undone," by Wally Lamb, #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
and my copy of "A Million Little Pieces," by James Frey just came in at Chapters (it was sold out across Canada!!). #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Hev339
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:40 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You've got to love Jilly Cooper! The first 3 books in the Riders series were the best. I got one of my co-workers hooked on them too, and she's afraid of horses.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I really enjoy Mordecai Richler too.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I read She's Come Undone years ago, it didn't do much for me. I liked it, but didn't feel it lived up to the hype.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Another book that is a favorite is "Her Mother's Daughter" by Marilyn French. That's probably my 2nd favorite book ever. It took a little getting into, but once you get past that it's an awesome book that I think every female should read.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Previous

Return to The Lounge