What are You Reading?

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

What are You Reading?

Postby chenders01 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay, so we don't all eat/sleep/live horses 24 hours a day (or do we??).  I like to read a bit before I go to bed each night.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have to confess, I am a Harry Potter NUT!!  My MIL gave me "Half-Blood Prince" back in the summer (after it came out) and I decided to re-read the previous 5 books before I started into the new one.  I only read about a chapter a night before my eyes start to close, so it's taken me awhile to get through the 5 books.  I'm about half-way through "Order of the Phoenix" right now.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When I'm done this series, I'm not sure what I'll read next.  I've been wanting to re-read the "Clan of the Cave Bear" books as well...maybe I'll get into that next.  I always find that there are sooooo many books I want to read but I never seem to get around to reading them all.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#How about you?  What are you reading right now?  Any recommendations??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Thu Oct 27, 2005 12:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ruth rendell - a judgement in stone - not bad so far, a lttle slow for my liking#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i've read the 1st 3 harry potter books....my daughter has #4, so i'm going to start on that soon#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and i've read the 1st 5 books from the "Series of Unfortunate Events" i liked those too - good for a laugh.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby graciespook » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm going through a reading CRAZE right now, where I finish a book in 1-2 days. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#In the past week I've read...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Larry's Party by Carole Shields#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Two Laveryl Spencer romances#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Gap Creek #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#A Calvin and Hobbes Collection#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And I've gotten into my English anthologies again...which means beowolfe, shakespeare and Pride and PRejudice. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby graciespook » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#See? Its so much of a craze the message posted itself twice....;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by graciespook on Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Megan Ball » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ohhh ooohhh I LOVE books!!! Although I don't have much time(or energy right now) to read. I haven't read any of the Harry Potter books(seen and loved the movies!!), but I love fiction and fantasy!!! I have all 5 books of the clan of the cave bear and can't wait til #6 comes out!!!!! After YEARS of waiting for #5 to come out I'm not exactly sure when #6 is coming out?? I have re-read those books over 10 times each!!! I'm also a nut for the sword and sorcerous short stories!! Marion Zimmer Bradley rocks!! I'm also a sucker for a good romance, but it has to be fantasy or Native. I'm not really into the whole Danelle Steel books. Not my style. I'm always combing the fantasy section when I get to go to a book store!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby Trufflemaker » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:13 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I read a LOT. It has been my other passion in life since I was a child. Since I belong to 2 bookclubs I get to read a wide variety. Plus I like to read everything my kids are reading. I love Harry Potter, although I think JK Rowling could be edited a lot more for length. Her last book was better for that. In children's books, I have just read Jenny Nimmo's "Children of the Red King" series. Midnight for Charlie Bone, The Time Twister, The Blue Boa, and The Castle of Mirrors. An excellent series! In some ways, better written than HP. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#In popular fiction, I read Clan of the Cave Bear many years ago and enjoyed it BUT it does drag on after the 3rd book. I didn't bother reading beyond Plains of Passage (book 4) because it just got too formulaic and Harlequin-romance-ish. Diana Gabaldon's Voyager series has the same problem... I read up to book 4 and just got bored with it. A series that I LOVE is Mary Stewart's triology, The Crystal Cave, The Hollow Hills, and The Last Enchantment. It is about the King Arthur legend, from Merlin's perspective. I also love the Shopaholic series. Very, very funny.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My favourite books from my  more recent reading are The Time Traveller's Wife (Audrey Niffenegger); Horse Heaven (Jane Smiley); The Good Earth (Pearl S. Buck); The Many Lives & Secret Sorrows of Josephine B plus the other 2 books in this series (Sandra Gulland); The Red Tent (Anita Diamant); Losing It (Alan Cumyn);  Life of Pi (Yann Martel); Tuesdays with Morrie (Mitch Ablom); The Secret Life of Bees (Sue Monk Kidd). #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My favourite book of all time (yes I know, that's a pretty big statement!) is Silas Marner, by George Eliot. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Right now I am reading Emma (Jane Austen) and Reading Lolita in Tehran (Azar Nafisi). I also have Jane Smiley's latest book, Thirteen Ways of Looking at the Novel, but have not yet cracked the cover. It's not a novel, but rather a book about reading novels. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hope you find something amongst these titles that you enjoy! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby Dee22 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, I used to be a really big book worm but I just don't ahve as much time as I used to. Right now I'm reading:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Angels & Demons by Dan Brown.#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've already read The DaVinci Code (which actually comes after Angels & Demons) and is an excellent book. I now can't keep my nose out of Angels & Demons... I'm almost afraid of when i DO finish it because than I won't have anymore to read (with these characters anyway he has 2 other books out).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am also a big fan of Amy Tan but she hasn't come out with a book in quite a long time. She writes Chinese Fiction Literature, I've read all but two of her books:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The Joy Luck Club#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Kitchen Gods Wife#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hundred Secret Senses#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The Bone Setter's Daughter#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I think I will start on her latest book for my next read which is called Saving Fish From Drowning.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Dee22 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:30 pm

Trufflemaker wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
Diana Gabaldon's Voyager series has the same problem... I read up to book 4 and just got bored with it.
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had this same problem Trufflemaker, except I couldn't get any further than halfway through the second book. I loved the first one and tried about 3 or 4 times to keep reading the second, but had to give up. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
A series that I LOVE is Mary Stewart's triology, The Crystal Cave, The Hollow Hills, and The Last Enchantment. It is about the King Arthur legend, from Merlin's perspective.
#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#This sounds like a series I might really enjoy, I'll have to look further into it, thanks :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:37 pm

Dee22 wrote:
Trufflemaker wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
Diana Gabaldon's Voyager series has the same problem... I read up to book 4 and just got bored with it.
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had this same problem Trufflemaker, except I couldn't get any further than halfway through the second book. I loved the first one and tried about 3 or 4 times to keep reading the second, but had to give up.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#c00000#ed_cl#The third book was really good.  I read all four but got bogged down in the last one.  Just waaaay too wordy and slow!! #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
A series that I LOVE is Mary Stewart's triology, The Crystal Cave, The Hollow Hills, and The Last Enchantment. It is about the King Arthur legend, from Merlin's perspective.
#ed_op#BR#ed_cl#This sounds like a series I might really enjoy, I'll have to look further into it, thanks :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#c00000#ed_cl#I have this series!  I also have the follow-up book which is about Mordred (can't remember the title, will check when I get home today).  Haven't read this one yet.  I really LOVED this series (being a Medieval Studies student and an Arthurian Legend nut, I'm always looking for books on the topic).#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Great ideas, guys!  I just luuuuv books.  Take me to a bookstore and I'm lost for hours    #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Thu Oct 27, 2005 1:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh yes, another big double thumbs up for that Mary Stewart Merlin trilogy! I could read those books again and again, in fact I have.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Right now I am reading a Frederick Forsyth actiony sort of thing about mercenaries who are hired by a British mining company to topple the dictator of a small African republic. It's not bad. Nothing special, but not bad. Before that I read Dark Horse by Tami Hoag, that's about a dressage riding accidental private investigator, it's set in the Florida horse show scene, and I loved it right up until the end, then the plot twists got a little over the top and of course our heroine falls in love so that was a little predictable. I would recommend it though, it was a real page-turner. Most of you probably know that Tami Hoag is a USA nationally ranked AA dressage rider so the horsey bits were accurate.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My favorite book ever is On the Road by Jack Kerouac.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby jax » Thu Oct 27, 2005 2:58 pm

Dee22 wrote: I loved the first one and tried about 3 or 4 times to keep reading the second, but had to give up. #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#So give it back!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Angry/2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Right now I'm reading "A Painted House" by John Grisham.  Just started it the other night so I'm not too far into it yet.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Dee22 » Thu Oct 27, 2005 3:25 pm

jax wrote:
Dee22 wrote: I loved the first one and tried about 3 or 4 times to keep reading the second, but had to give up. #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#So give it back!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Angry/2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Saaawwwy!!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://www.forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Other/1.gif"#ed_cl#I've been *meaning* to bring it back (if that means anything?) It's sitting there, set aside, just waiting for me to stuble over it in the morning and say "oh, must bring this to Jax"... arg, I promise, I'll bring it tomorrow!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Re: What are You Reading?

Postby Brianna » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#I am reading a non-fiction book called "Out of Eden" -- it is about the ecological invasion of the brown tree snake on Guam. Most of you are probably cringing, lol...but my Environment classes intrigued me so&nbsp;much that I saw it at the library and decided to get it. It's pretty good.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#I have Eragon and the sequel waiting to be read, as well.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#If any of you like historical fiction, I recommend "Vodka" by Boris Starling. Also, if you like mystery/suspense/horror, I recommend his first two books, "Messiah" and "Storm" -- Messiah is religious based, and rather gruesome, but very very well written. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Uhm...I also read all the Harry Potter's...Chenders, kudos for rereading all of them,lol - I was going to, but don't have the time with readings from school. The 5th book was amazing - I cannot wait for the next one.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#I am a huge fan of Nicholas Sparks -- I have read everything the man has ever written, and every time, he has me in tears for the last 4 or 5 chapters. lol...every now and then a tearjerker is in order!! Oh and I read Anne Rice as Anne Rice and Anne Rampling. :)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Anyone into philosophy will probably enjoy 7 Habits of HIghly Effective People by Stephen Covey, too.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Thu Oct 27, 2005 4:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ohh, I like Anne Rice, the&nbsp;Vampire Chronicles anyway. Especially Interview with the Vampire. I adored Louis, probably one of my favorite characters of ever, and then when Brad Pitt played him in the movie with that long hair.#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Love/5.gif"#ed_cl# Duhrooool. OK I'll try to get control of myself.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dee, maybe you could take&nbsp;Jax's book back when you go to get your little red riding hood.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby lifeafterracing » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm an avid bookworm too.&nbsp; Of course I'm&nbsp;a little bit less of a bookworm&nbsp;since I got my computer, but a bookworm nonetheless.&nbsp; I absolutely HAVE to read in bed before I go to sleep.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Right now I am reading an Elizabeth George mystery "Deception On His Mind".&nbsp; The last two books I read were CSI books and great light reading.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I loved Anne Rice's Vampire books.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
lifeafterracing

Postby goldendryad » Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:58 pm

I'm reading "Horseplay" by Judy Reene Singer right now.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
My favorite books, in no particular order:#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Bridget Jones's Diary" - Helen Fielding#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Pride and Prejudice" - Jane Austen#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"Horse Heaven" - Jane Smiley#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
"A Fine Balence" - Rohinton Mistry#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I love all the Mary Stewart books, but oddly haven't read the Merlin
trilogy. I really don't like Daniel Steele and Nicholas Sparks.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I tend to read more, literary books. I like Barbara Kingslover. I also like "Riders" by Jilly Cooper, but it's a little raunchy.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Hmmm...classic lit (Jane Austen, the Bronte sisters, Dickens, George Eliot) is probably my fave. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
goldendryad
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby EatMyDust » Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:02 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I feel like a 5 year old...but I read heartland...i have alllll the books...and i read them none stop. Except for right now because the last book peeved me off. I also read alot of information books.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I too, am a book nut.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby pyjamamama » Thu Oct 27, 2005 10:28 pm

I loved the Mary Stewart "Crystal Cave" series too. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
The Narnia books by C.S. Lewis have been big favorites since I was a kid.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Just re-read some Madeleine L'Engle books; "A Wrinkle in Time", Etc.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Also really like some good Canadian Lit: Margaret Lawrence, Mordechai Richler, Robertson Davies, but NOT Margaret Atwood.#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Susanna Moodie, and Catharine-Parr Traill, the classic 19th century
Canadian writers are awesome, and I love their biography written by
Charlotte Gray, and anything else by her, too. #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I also&nbsp; have a bit of a collection of Jilly Cooper books. (hee hee, they're sooo bad!)#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
pyjamamama
Newbies
Newbies

Postby ~Cnigh~ » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:02 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#I'm another confirmed book worm.&nbsp; I always have a book with me where ever I go.&nbsp; Even the barn - lol.&nbsp; Sometimes its nice to hide out at the barn after riding (especially in the summer).#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#When I want to stop thinking about things for a while, I usually pick up a Nora Roberts romance novel.&nbsp; Its easy fun reading and goes well with bubble baths.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#My all time favortie book is Clan of the Cave Bear, followed by Outlander.&nbsp; These two are just so well written and you&nbsp; really fall in love&nbsp;with the characters. (well at least Jamie,&nbsp;lol!)&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp; #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#The last book in the CotCB series was a complete let down. I waited 12 YEARS for that book and it was a total flop :(&nbsp; I'm not so sure there will be any more books either, although Auel says there will be one more.&nbsp; I really hope she puts the depth of character back into the series.&nbsp; I mean all Ayla wanted was a mate and children.&nbsp; She finds her mate and finally has another baby and its written as though its an every day event in her life.&nbsp; Where was all the passion for being a mother?#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#The new book for the Outlander series is finally out as well.&nbsp; I'm not in a rush to buy it although its on my Christmas list.&nbsp; I found the last book dry as well.&nbsp; I'm not understanding/relating to&nbsp;the daughters relationship struggles all that well, considering both Bree &amp; hubby (brain fart, can't remember his name) should have a modern mind set.&nbsp; I mean if you were raped in the some what the same circumstance as Bree, would you let your SO blame you? Or would you expect more from him in the way of understanding, especially when your pregnant!&nbsp; Sure there would still be emotional upheval, but&nbsp;I think Bree should be a stronger women.&nbsp; I find Jenny to be more of a "modern woman" type&nbsp;than Bree.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#As for right now, I seem to have&nbsp;a morbid interest in books about serial killers, ghosts etc.&nbsp; This started before all the halloween decorations went up, so I'm not sure why.&nbsp; There does seem to be a lot of books on the top 10 best sellers list latley with that bent though.&nbsp; #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#Since a lot of us share the same tastes in books I'll have to try some of the books mentioned.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
To ride or not to ride................?
What a stupid question!!!
~Cnigh~
Newbies
Newbies

Re: What are You Reading?

Postby chenders01 » Fri Oct 28, 2005 7:17 am

Brianna wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl#Uhm...I also read all the Harry Potter's...Chenders, kudos for rereading all of them,lol - I was going to, but don't have the time with readings from school. The 5th book was amazing - I cannot wait for the next one.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#8000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The fifth book was "Order of the Phoenix".&nbsp; Have you read the sixth book yet "Half-Blood Prince"??&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm glad that I decided to read all the books again as I forgot most of the details...I must've been half asleep when I read them the first time #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley9.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And, re. the Mary Stewart "Crystal Cave" books, the follow-up book, about Mordred, is called "The Wicked Day".&nbsp; Has anyone read that one?&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Next

Return to The Lounge