drifting apart?

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

drifting apart?

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL well how long did you all think it would go before thinks went awry this year at school? LOL I kid things are actually good for once.  No roomate troubles like the past two years and unlike residence not confined to one room.  But a new sort of issue has crept up.  Before me and my roomate (same girl as the past 2 years) have had these crazy things/problems to unite and stick together on but this year none of it and it seems like we have little to nothing in common.  Thats a stretch I guess since we both are quiet, mature, hardworking girls but some things just strike me as odd lately.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She got dumped after a 3 year relationship right before we moved down here and of course I tried to be as supportive as possible and she seemed better after afew weeks.  But she really did just stay in her room and keep to herself (she has everything but a kitchen in her huge master bedroom bedroom where as I have half my stuff/furniture out in the living room).  No real problem with this and we still obviously talk daily and do things together and we both work at the same place so we are out and about together.  But tonight she did something that just seems odd for her.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She decided she wanted to go out with some of our other friends after work (mutual friends I hang out with them as well) but I decided after a bad week marks wise to stay home and work on my papers.  She mentioned on Monday she was thinking of doing this but never mentioned it again this week.  She saw me when she came into work last night and didnt say anything about it and I came home and found out she was through her MSN name.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I guess what strikes as odd is that she never bothered to invite me as she always did in the past and that she never bothered to mention she was staying at their place after they got back (which woulda been nice cause I left a light on incase she was coming in then got jolted outta bed for some reason at 4 am to find the light in my room on? (wierd I totally turned it off) and she wasnt home.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I guess maybe its the lack of common courtesy thats got me up?  Ahh well im rambling Im sure as its almost 6am and I surely should be in bed!(Im a late sleeper!)  I guess without these common problems we suffered in the past we have nothing sort of uniting and forcing us together.  I dont mind/resent her deciding to go out at all I think its good especially since her break up she have some fun I guess I just didnt forsee her not including me is all.  And she probably didnt do it purposefully anyways as she knew I had a hard week with the marks and am possessed to do better.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyone else in a roomate situation like this - where your sort of to the point of cohabitating and less friends with each other?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

Barbaro: We will never know and that will always pain us most
GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby zooka » Sat Oct 29, 2005 12:12 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've been warned about rooming with friends at school and how people change during the school year and drift apart but I have never had to experience it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have heard that as well - dont room with friends because it can drive you apart type thing.  She's back now and things are okay I dont think she picks up on subtleties like I do maybe Im just overly sensitive.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby *Giddy Up* » Sat Oct 29, 2005 3:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, the best thing is just to talk to her then. Ask her how the evening went and then you could mention that you didn't even know that it was happening and think it would've be fun. I'm sure it was something that probably just slipped her mind- you could also say that it seems like you two have little in common and then plan to go out somewhere just the two of you. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby zooka » Sat Oct 29, 2005 9:59 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah I am told I am over sensitive to things as well....  like why has this person not called me recently when they usually always call every week.  Or how come I was not invited to this dinner when it is all people I know and hang out with....  It is hard when you are sensitive and read more into things then you need to.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby pawsnhooves » Sat Oct 29, 2005 10:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#A room mate who is more of a cohabitant than a friend?  I had that with a husband once#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//silly.gif"#ed_cl#.  Seriously though,  school is learning ground both academically and socially.  Your relationships will ebb and flow throughout your life.  Some people, who seemed so important to me when I was in university, I have lost contact with.  Others are still a vital part of my life.  You are growing as a person and sometimes you will drift apart from people simply because you have discovered different parts of yourself.  It is a part of moving through life, your twenties are all about experimenting to find out who you are going to be.  Your thirties are all about growing into who you are and your forties are all about being who you are and being comfortable in your own skin.  Your situation with your room mate is totally normal, so don't beat yourself up about it.   Just be happy its a friend and not someone you married.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The greatness of a nation and its moral progress can be judged by the way its animals are treated.-Mahatma Gandhi
pawsnhooves
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby pmc » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
pawsnhooves wrote: #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It is a part of moving through life, your twenties are all about experimenting to find out who you are going to be.  Your thirties are all about growing into who you are and your forties are all about being who you are and being comfortable in your own skin.  
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And your fifties are all about "Where the hell did the time go?" #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Why not arrange a time for just the two of you to go out and grab a pizza or somthing?  Just having a change of scene sometimes helps to get the conversation flowing.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
pmc
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Sun Oct 30, 2005 1:39 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And maybe all there really was to it was that she knew you were planning on studying and didn't want to tempt you.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Your probably right Ruth.  I havent bothered ask about it as things seem fine now thanx for the words of asvice everyone.  Tomorrow is our mutual day off school and work so we'll chill then.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:37 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I concur with the above comments. I couldn't live with a friend. It would seriously ruin it for me. Whereas living with a stranger, at least you have your limits and boundaries, and its more based on an agreement than friendship. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:41 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#meh, GoW, i wouldn't worry to much! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#you're both "big girls" and really, you can both come & go as you please....i wouldn't get too excited over it...she might think you've got some sort of single white female complex (you remember that movie right? lol?)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL that movie was before my movie watching days.  I dont mind she went out she can do whatever she pleases I guess its just usually her nature to like tell me whats going on and whats the plan.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We talked last night about random stuff til like 3am so I guess its just all in my head.  We have our good days and our bad days like every other person.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to The Lounge