What are you up to?

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

What are you up to?

Postby Megan Ball » Sun Oct 30, 2005 3:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This Halloween?? This is my favorite holiday!! I love to dress up!! So what is everyone going to do or wear for this great holiday??!!! I'm taking my little girl trick or treating! SHe even has the "Trick or treat" part down!! Last year after the 3-or 4th house gave her stuff she got all excited and started to walk into people's homes!! We never go to many houses as I don't take her candy(it is hers after all!) and I don't want her eating too much crap food! So we normally just stick to appx 10 houses! This year we may go for 15, just cause she's older( so she can handle the walking) and handle more candy then last year. She's going to be a purple flying unicorn!! She picked it out herself! Well she pulled out a pink one, but it was too big and we couldn't find a pink one in her size. Daddy wanted to put her into a princess costume( I think he's getting sick of 2 horse-crazy girls in his house), but it was like $45!!! Plus she really wanted the "yee-haw" one. For those who don't know "yee-haw" means "horse" in my daughters language. Due to the fact when she gets on she goes"yee-haw"! Now I just have to dig out her pumpkin bucket from the basement and we can carve our real pumkins tonight!! I'm going to put "BOO!" on mine, my hubby- I have no idea what he's going to put on his. And for our little girl- I thnk we'll just stick to the regular face for hers.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby Eileen » Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:20 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Well I figure that I am scarey enough dressed as myself so that will be my costure for this year.  I don't do halloween very well as far as the dressing up part goes...I cant remember when the last time was...just went over to some friends to be silly...lol  the good ole days  lol#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I will dole out goodies to the few trick or treaters that make it out here.  I know 2 little kids that will make it but have no idea if I will have others....I dont think that there any little kids on this read ever, at least not old enough to do this then the rest are too old for that sort of thing...I guess I am in the twilight zone here as far as Halloween goes.  lol  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#But I do have the treats ready just in case I get a kid or two...if not....I have got enough candy to last me for a month  lol..#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Pilgram » Sun Oct 30, 2005 4:45 pm

my boyfriend and i set up a haunted house every year at his building so
today thats what we did. He is always the grim reeper with a scary
voice (nerve wrecking) this year im going to be a witch , well i am a
witch every year but yeah my friend and i are are handing out the bags
of treats \.Though tomorrow is going to be long i get of work at 3 i
have to catch the 430 train to go to my boyfriends eat get my costume
on and do my makeup and be downstairs for 530 .i might just get out at
230 though tuesday im going to be tired. work for 8 am till 3 classes
till 630 lol ill manage.
BORN TO RIDE--FORCED TO WORK
When riding you borrow freedom!
Live well,Laugh lots,Ride often.
**Apples are so over-rated~ A Horse I know**
Pilgram

Postby Pony Hunter » Sun Oct 30, 2005 5:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have to go to the orthodontist tomorrow to get bottom braces #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/8.gif"#ed_cl#. Then I am going shopping at Horseworld. We only get like one or two kids but my dad buys enough candy for 30 or more. Oh well all the more for me hehehehe#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Times New Roman" size=3#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Pony Hunter

Postby Kaleena » Sun Oct 30, 2005 7:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My bf is working nights so I get to stay home and shell out candy on my own. Its our first halloween in our new house so we have to make a good impression on the kids lol. We carved our pumpkins this afternoon so I'm all set to start celebrating when I get home from work tomorrow. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We should all post pictures of our pumpkins all lit up#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley20.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Azalee » Sun Oct 30, 2005 9:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm the only one who really "does" Halloween in my house.  I used to make really elaborate costumes, but the past few years, haven't been up to it.  This year I'm dressing as Not-So-Little Red Riding Hood to answer the door.  Going to wear my breeches, field boots, a white gypsy type blouse, a red cape and will have a picnic basket.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I usually get a kick out of the kids' reactions at my house.  A couple times, instead of carving pumpkins, I just spray painted them gold.  Got a lot of comments from little ones..."They must be rich, they have gold pumpkins!" Sigh.  If only!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
...........riiight.
Azalee

Postby EatMyDust » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My friends want me to wear all of my western gear to school( your supposed to dress up) but I wore it today( Man I miss that stuff) So to bad, its all dirty #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl#But Im not doing anything, and since I live in the boonys we get no one.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby xena_n_joss » Sun Oct 30, 2005 10:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Im not really doing too much. Tonight me and my bf got a pumkin and sat down in the kitchen and carved it together and then cooked the seeds.... My bf told me it was a good idea that I suggested doing it, he liked it and it was something hes never done... lol #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Other then that we have a few friendsx who will bring their kids out and we will give them candy, but other then that no one comes around, we live in the boonies. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Lix » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Not much planned for me.  :(  I love handing out candy and seeing all the cute little kids.  But I don't think I'm going to be getting anyone where I live.  I also live in the boonies, the road is like a highway, so no one will be walking on it, and my house is set behind trees.  So the whole thing isn't very inviting for parents to bring their kids.  I will keep the lights on anyway and hope that we get 1-2 drop by's... maybe the neighbours...  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Megan - sooooo cute the way you describe your daughter choosing her costume!  I hope you guys have a good time tonight!!! ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby Chisholm » Mon Oct 31, 2005 7:47 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well I don't believe in Pagen (Sp?) rituals so I try not to take part in Halloween at all.  But thanks to where we live my mother has insisted I hand out Halloween candies this year.  She did it last year and went from 5pm to nearly 9pm handing out candy, that's too much for her.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But I make sure all the candy does not have Halloween symbols on it.   And it will be fun to meet some of the neighbours I'm sure.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Mon Oct 31, 2005 8:46 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Watching the Howling and the Amityville Horror..I'll probably go riding too...we're not expecting any trick or treators as we live more than half a km back from the road. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby chenders01 » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:31 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We don't have kids, so we don't participate in Halloween.  Yes, I am one of those people who turns out the lights and doesn't answer the door #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley15.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Mon Oct 31, 2005 9:33 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well, i don't dress up, but i'm taking out the girls....lil' red riding hood & cinderella. my oldest is already thinking of what to be next year......geesh - can we get this year outta the way first?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#no pumpkin carving for us this year...living in an apt bldg kinda sucks, but at least i won't have to shovel the driveway! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Ruth » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:23 pm

Chisholm wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well I don't believe in Pagen (Sp?) rituals so I try not to take part in Halloween at all.  But thanks to where we live my mother has insisted I hand out Halloween candies this year.  She did it last year and went from 5pm to nearly 9pm handing out candy, that's too much for her.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But I make sure all the candy does not have Halloween symbols on it.   And it will be fun to meet some of the neighbours I'm sure.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chisholm, the timing of most Christian holidays is based on pagan festivities. ie Christmas is Dec. 25th because that was when Yule was, apparently they figure that that was not when Jesus was born due to the fact that the big star would not have been shining at that time of year in Israel. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I used to know what all the pagan equivalents were, but I hear tell the reason the Christians put their big days at the same time as the pagans big days was to help get them to convert.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Easter is the same.  It's actually named after a pagan goddess "Eostre", and many of the rituals we celebrate at Easter were originally pagan rituals that were adopted by the Christian Church, with little "twists" added, to give them a Christian slant.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Most Christian holidays and observances started out as pagan rituals.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:04 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As far as the Christmas star is concerned, did anyone catch the show last year where they have a theory of what star, when and what time Jesus was born? I'm agnostic, mostly due to the fact I can't decide either way, but I always like to learn as much as I can. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Return to The Lounge