Mad is not the word!

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:58 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good for you...you're taking the right steps toward eradicating your problem..and you're right. its YOUR land. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Lix » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:16 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Nah - don't want to be dead right Eileen.  Nor do I want trouble with anyone.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I guess I'm just so insulted.  How disrespectful is that.  It doesn't matter if I own 55 acres or a 30'X70' lot.  I don't want any one coming to my place and killing something#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley5.gif"#ed_cl#.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It's bad enough with the trees!  My bf cut down a tree that he "thought" I wanted cut (major miscommunication) and I almost cried!  It was the day I went to the BBQ at R'man's acutally.  It was one of those big old maples - we don't have too many of those!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I hear you about the tree stands Eileen but if I leave them there, I'm afraid they will continue to use them behind my back.  Grrrr.... I wish I knew who was doing this.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What makes it so annoying is that they set up in a harder to access spot - hence why I need to go when there is light.  You have to go through a really been ravine/creek and it's really muddy/slippery right now, not to mention the bush is really damaged from the icestorm still and it's ankle hell out there.  The way "they" use (through someone else's field) is easier to get to.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Lol - Arcadia - I hear ya, I'd want to tell them to leave their kill right there if I stumbled on them but I'd probably be a little fearful!  lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The enforcement people have yet to call me back... i'm going to call again at lunch and see...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby Andy » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:23 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I had to go to court a few years ago when the cops charged someone for trespassing on my property. He was actually pouching fish but the cop didn't catch him with the evidence and he tried the trespass thing. The judge asked if I had signs posted and I said yes but someone riped them down. Needless to say the guy got off. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The judge talked to me after the trial and told me the best thing to do is spray paint some rocks that are clearly visible with a red circle and that way they can't destroy the signs. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have seen these circles, they are about 8" in diameter. If a hunter goes on to your property they can be charged as long as these are in plain view.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<strong><font size="3"><font color="red">

El Samar Arabians
Brighton Ont.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/andy.hope
Andy
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Lix » Wed Nov 02, 2005 7:27 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks for sharing your story Andy.&nbsp; It's good to know!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Our area is not very rocky - do you think that putting up a few signs #ed_op#U#ed_cl#and#ed_op#/U#ed_cl# spray painting red circles on some trees (instead of rocks)&nbsp;could work too?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby Andy » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:10 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The Trespass to Property Act designates premises where entry is prohibited without #ed_op#FONT style="BACKGROUND: #ffff00" color=#800000#ed_cl#no#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#tice. Entry on other property may be prohibited by #ed_op#FONT style="BACKGROUND: #ffff00" color=#800000#ed_cl#no#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#tice. A red marking at least 10 cm (4 inches) in diameter is equivalent to a #ed_op#FONT style="BACKGROUND: #ffff00" color=#800000#ed_cl#No#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#FONT style="BACKGROUND: #ffff00" color=#800000#ed_cl#Trespassing#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# sign. Trespassers can be fined up to $2,000 Canadian, and ordered to pay for any damages.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#More Info:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#TABLE cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=10 width="90%" bgColor=lightyellow border=0#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TD#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=arial#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl#458 &nbsp; &nbsp; Hunters on your property#ed_op#/B#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TD#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=arial#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=justify#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl#"No Hunting" signs marking systems#ed_op#/B#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=justify#ed_cl#All property owners in Ontario have the right to keep hunters off their property. One way to do this is by putting signs around the property indicating that hunting is not permitted. The signs must be posted in a particular way, as set out in the #ed_op#I#ed_cl#Trespass to Property Act#ed_op#/I#ed_cl#. Signs posted on the property must be clearly visible in daylight under normal conditions from the approach to each ordinary point of access to the premises. You could use signs that have the word "hunting" written on them or show a graphic representation of someone hunting and then put an oblique line through the word or the picture.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=justify#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl#Marking systems#ed_op#/B#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=justify#ed_cl#Instead of signs, you could use a marking system to notify hunters that hunting on your property is prohibited. The #ed_op#I#ed_cl#Trespass to Property Act#ed_op#/I#ed_cl# provides for the use of red or yellow markings that are made and posted, provided they are of sufficient size that a circle which is 10 centimetres in diametre could fit wholly inside the marking. The markings must be clearly visible in daylight under normal conditions from the approach to each ordinary point of access to your property.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=justify#ed_cl#Red markings mean that entry on the premises is prohibited. Yellow markings mean that entry on the premises is prohibited except for the purpose of certain activities. To ensure that the markings you use are correct, you should seek legal advice or contact the Ministry of Natural Resources which oversees hunting. You can also contact the Ministry of the Attorney General, which administers the #ed_op#I#ed_cl#Trespass to Property Act#ed_op#/I#ed_cl#.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=justify#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl#Hunting dogs on your property#ed_op#/B#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=justify#ed_cl#Often, hunters use their dogs to go on ahead of them and flush the hunted animals out. Even in the case where it is not hunters themselves but their dogs that enter your property, this may also be considered trespassing.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=justify#ed_cl##ed_op#B#ed_cl#Punishment#ed_op#/B#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=justify#ed_cl#In the case where a hunter or a hunter's dog is on your property, you should consult the police and the local Ministry of Natural Resources office. If you have posted proper signs or markings on your property, you, a person authorized by you, or a police officer can arrest the trespasser without a warrant. However, anyone making an arrest who is not a police officer must promptly call for the assistance of a police officer.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=justify#ed_cl#If the person has trespassed and has since left the premises, only a police officer can go after them and make the arrest. Under the law, the trespasser may be ordered to pay a fine, or go to prison. The Ministry of Natural Resources might also be of assistance.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P align=justify#ed_cl#The Ministry regulates hunting, trapping and other uses of wild animals in Ontario. Its authority is set out in the #ed_op#I#ed_cl#Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act#ed_op#/I#ed_cl#. This Act provides that when hunting, the hunter must not violate the #ed_op#I#ed_cl#Trespass to Property Act#ed_op#/I#ed_cl#. Violators of the #ed_op#I#ed_cl#Fish and Wildlife Conservation Act#ed_op#/I#ed_cl# may be ordered to pay a fine, or go to prison.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<strong><font size="3"><font color="red">

El Samar Arabians
Brighton Ont.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/andy.hope
Andy
Newbies
Newbies

Postby MacnRio » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:27 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, I got home last night and heard gunfire VERY close to my house.&nbsp; If it wasn't in my bush it was darn close.&nbsp; I was peeved.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't have no tresspassing signs up, they are on my "to do" list this weekend.&nbsp; I did find a few "no hunting" signs which will also go up.&nbsp; A can of red spraypaint may be in order......&nbsp; I have 3 acres, and there are larger bushes near me, with open fields in between.&nbsp; My horses are not near the bush, but it is more I wasn't asked and I plan on putting pasture back to the bush.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#First I am going to call the guy who rents my ground and see if he knows WHO it is, if they were given permission by the old owners of my property, if they are infact on my property then ask him to spread the word I don't want them there and that the land is under new ownership. Politely, hes a really nice guy and I don't wanna tick all my neighbours off.... It could be a misunderstanding...... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But I can tell you I was ticked!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Andy, thanks for the info!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Lix » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:32 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes - thanks for the info Andy!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#MnR - that is terrible!&nbsp; Grrrrr.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's exactly how I feel!&nbsp; How come they don't ASK?&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And you don't need that kind of worry if you are going to put pasture by your bush!&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Between Ruth, you and I....&nbsp;&nbsp; lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hope you find whoever it is!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby MacnRio » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:55 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You know Lix, I think that is my main problem. Come TALK to me.&nbsp; Mind you, they come talk to me then they risk getting an answer they don't want then have it on their conscious that they will continue to hunt even though we've said no...&nbsp; lol&nbsp; Don't ask, we can't tell, they don't know......... ARGH.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well, hope you guys get this sorted out. i know if it were me, i'd be pretty ticked as well.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#definately keep yourselves safe and be lawful in resolving the problem!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#down here in the big city...we have our own type of hunting going on......and it is definately not allowed!! damn gang wars &amp; drug deals...........grrrrrrrrr#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby *Giddy Up* » Thu Nov 03, 2005 11:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yikes. I'd be pissed about that too Lix. I think I would post some signs that say "no tresspassing" and leave the red dots, as well, talk to your neighbours and ask them if they know who it could be and just tell them that your property isn't for hunting. I also think it's a good idea to write a note and leave it on one of the tree houses- tell them the property has changed hands and you do not welcome them to hunt on your property and if they are found again doing so, you will take legal action. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#But I would be careful about just walking around in their for now- it is a danger to you and you don't know what the people are like. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Previous

Return to The Lounge