Coffee is good for you..no...really

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Coffee is good for you..no...really

Postby graciespook » Mon Oct 31, 2005 10:48 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://lifestyle.sympatico.msn.ca/Home/ContentPosting_CL.aspx?contentid=c9cf9f3208614e61923733bd4959ee23&show=False&number=0&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc"#ed_cl#http://lifestyle.sympatico.msn.ca/Home/ContentPosting_CL.aspx?contentid=c9cf9f3208614e61923733bd4959ee23&show=False&number=0&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very interesting..now if they could prove smoking was good for you! :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Re: Coffee is good for you..no...really

Postby babytigger » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:29 am

graciespook wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very interesting..now if they could prove smoking was good for you! :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LMAO - i don't think that'll happen anytime soon.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i wish they'd make up their mind about things like coffee, wine, etc...one day it's good for you, the next it's not....i figure most things are fine in moderation (except for chocolate & tea- -you can have as much of those as you like!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby graciespook » Mon Oct 31, 2005 11:46 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As far as I'm concerned, I'm not going to worry about it. Seems like something every day is going to kill me, so I'm not going to hide away in my "bomb shelter" waiting for it all to go down. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Ruth » Wed Nov 02, 2005 5:06 pm

graciespook wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://lifestyle.sympatico.msn.ca/Home/ContentPosting_CL.aspx?contentid=c9cf9f3208614e61923733bd4959ee23&show=False&number=0&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc"#ed_cl#http://lifestyle.sympatico.msn.ca/Home/ContentPosting_CL.aspx?contentid=c9cf9f3208614e61923733bd4959ee23&show=False&number=0&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very interesting..now if they could prove smoking was good for you! :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, I have known about the coffee being good for you thing for awhile.I was on a roll for a week or two - they made coffee good for you, then moderate drinking, then chocolate. So like GS, I thought if only they could make smoking good for you too (this was before I quit), well lo and behold they discovered the smoking does help prevent Parkinsons! Of course it probably does this by making you die of something else before you get Parkinson's...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:30 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#well I had my regular mug of Java this morning, and I plan on doing the same tomorrow....lol...it is sort of a habit that I started waaaaay back....#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Thu Nov 03, 2005 8:08 am

Ruth wrote:
graciespook wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://lifestyle.sympatico.msn.ca/Home/ContentPosting_CL.aspx?contentid=c9cf9f3208614e61923733bd4959ee23&show=False&number=0&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc"#ed_cl#http://lifestyle.sympatico.msn.ca/Home/ContentPosting_CL.aspx?contentid=c9cf9f3208614e61923733bd4959ee23&show=False&number=0&showbyline=True&subtitle=&detect=&abc=abc#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very interesting..now if they could prove smoking was good for you! :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, I have known about the coffee being good for you thing for awhile.I was on a roll for a week or two - they made coffee good for you, then moderate drinking, then chocolate. So like GS, I thought if only they could make smoking good for you too (this was before I quit), well lo and behold they discovered the smoking does help prevent Parkinsons! Of course it probably does this by making you die of something else before you get Parkinson's...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ahh, but at least I would get to smoke until the end ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Thu Nov 03, 2005 1:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh, trust me GS, if they told me I had 6 months to live the first thing I would do would be to go out and buy a pack of cigarettes.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:24 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL Ruth...you and me both..the quitting smoking thing isn't going so well.. I am fine for a few days, then I sneak some, and then Mr.GS finds out, we argue about my health, I smoke openly until the pack is done and the whole process repeats itself. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have been smoke-free for 3 and 1/2 years now - there are many things I like about this state. I just miss the cigarettes! I have smoked 3 small packs in that time, all 3 in highly stressful situations, and as soon as each situation's pack was smoked I stopped again with no problems. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The big key is that you have to be ready in order to be successful, and no amount of nagging is going to make you ready if you're not. I think each person who quits has some sort of epiphany that pushes them over the brink to readiness, and until that happens you may be able to cut down, which has benefits too, but probably not quit entirely.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ahh..an epiphany..thats what I need ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby *Giddy Up* » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have heard that caffeine can be good for you- it is a stimulant!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The big thing with coffee is moderation. Although it does have good effects, it does have bad as well- for example, it's a diuretic (dehydrates you), so you have to be careful. But with most food items, anything is good, or atleast ok, for you if taken in moderation. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Return to The Lounge