Gleaning!! Anyone else do it?

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Postby MacnRio » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:01 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LGM, wanna bring your friends to my place and relive that childhood experience?! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/13.gif"#ed_cl#  Actually, what I've been doing to get it off the cob is putting it in a feed bag, getting out my mallet and taking out my frustrations! haha  Corn is coming right off the cob.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#BUT, I DO have 2 laundry baskets (ok, they are falling apart baskets and I didn't want to put it in bags so it could keep drying) of popcorn that needs to be decobbed. And that is harder to get off the cob then crop corn..... I get the rubber "thimblets" and push it all off.... sigh...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#horsemad!, does that mean you have more of a life then us corn picker uppers, or vice versa? #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby horsemad! » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:04 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've always been notorious for burning the candle at both ends... and add four horses to care for into the mix - means I'm busier than a one armed paper hanger!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Littlegreymare » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:19 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#ONLY glean once the corn has been harvested lol! Never when it's still on the stalk :)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#But a trick to shelling it faster is to let it dry for a day or two on the cob. We used to lay it all out in the garage on newspaper (right on the cement doesn't let it dry). Then just shell off one row on the cob and the rest peels off really easy :)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#It was always so much easier to just scoop up the piles of shelled corn that were spilled from loading the wagons/trucks :)#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Verdana color=#668f5a size=2#ed_cl#I'll admit I haven't had time to waste like that this year, or a couple years inbetween, but hey! It was great to do as a kid, and sure beat cleaning my room :p#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Littlegreymare
Groupie
Groupie

Previous

Return to The Lounge