Frustrated!!

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:03 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Cut your losses, unfortunately...as Chenders said, life lesson learned! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby MacnRio » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:04 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow, that's crazy!  BUT, I'm glad you are getting a break, and they are being nice about it all.  Maybe they need to rethink their system on siging out numbers!!  You have to wonder just HOW much fraud goes on.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby horsemad! » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl#It’s hardly fraud if SP gave said “friend” her bidding number to use.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#I highly doubt the police will do anything.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#And really, why would people even think of involving the police in something so trivial?#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl# #ed_op#?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /#ed_cl##ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl#Am I confused, though?#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#This auction has bidders use the same number from one auction to the next?#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#Weird.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#I have a lot of auction experience (antiques, not horses) and I’ve never heard of that before.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#   #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl# #ed_op#o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/o:p#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P class=MsoNormal style="MARGIN: 0in 0in 0pt"#ed_cl#Glad the auctioneers are being good with you SP.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#You’re likely not the first kind soul who’s allowed a (deadbeat) friend to use their bidder’s card, and you won’t be the last.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#Hopefully things will get sorted out and you won’t end up out of pocket.#ed_op#SPAN style="mso-spacerun: yes"#ed_cl#    #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#And the moral of the story is…#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~~ Stupid should hurt! ~~
Jimmy Wofford
horsemad!
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Andy » Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:46 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Auctions that I go to are run differently.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The livestock auction usually give you the same number every time you go. You give them your name and/or phone number then they hand your number.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The local auction that sell anything and everything keep your personal info on file and just hand you a new number each time you go. This is at their sales barn or at farm sales on site.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Most ask for your drivers licence when you first register with them, but after that they will ask your name and phone number then fork out a number to you. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anytime a person misrepresents them-self in order to make a purchase either at an auction or at a store with false ID then they are committing a crime. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#To do this to someone, presumably a friend is even worse! I would nail them to the wall with what ever I could. It would be no different than inviting them to your house and having them rip something off from you. Same thing !!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<strong><font size="3"><font color="red">

El Samar Arabians
Brighton Ont.
http://www3.sympatico.ca/andy.hope
Andy
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Dee22 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 3:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 12pt; FONT-FAMILY: 'Times New Roman'; mso-fareast-font-family: 'Times New Roman'; mso-ansi-language: EN-US; mso-fareast-language: EN-US; mso-bidi-language: AR-SA"#ed_cl#Wow SP, that really sucks... nice friend :s #ed_op#BR#ed_cl#I had to learn my 'lesson' the hard way too... I lent a so-called 'friend' some money. He was apparently having 'hard times'... gave me the sob story about how he was handing out résumé’s everywhere but no one would hire him, he was going to get evicted from his apartment yadda yadda.... I lent him a substantial sum of cash to pay his rent and got him a job where I work.... well, he worked here for a week and never showed up again... he must have blown the cash on something else because he got evicted anyway.... for over a year this guy gave me the run around on the cash he owed me but I never did get anything out of him.... what P.O.'d me even more was that this guy was a boyfriend of a GOOD friend of mine and he would later on go out and buy her clothes and gifts but I never saw my cash.... I chalked it up to a lesson learned... don't be so quick to lend someone money!! I haven't since and I can only think of a VERY few people I would ever lend money to now....#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby rubberman » Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Lesson learned SP.&nbsp; I would pay the $100 since it is&nbsp;your credit rating that is at risk and try to collect&nbsp; from your acquaintance (she is certainly no friend) afterwards&nbsp;As hard as it is to say no, at times it is the best policy.&nbsp; I have learned that you should never loan anything that you can't afford to loose (give away).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
rubberman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Piaffing » Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hope you get everything figured out.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Frogs in a basket. Oh, one jumped out, grab that frog.
EC Level 1 Coach, ARIA Level 3 Dressage Coach, C Level Pony Club Tester
http://piaffing.blogspot.com/
www.dressagelife.com
Piaffing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Previous

Return to The Lounge