Are you a Carrot, Egg or Coffee?

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Are you a Carrot, Egg or Coffee?

Postby Dee22 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:25 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl#Just thought I'd share this :)#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl##ed_op#STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#EM#ed_cl##ed_op#U#ed_cl#Carrot, Egg, and Coffee#ed_op#/U#ed_cl##ed_op#/EM#ed_cl##ed_op#/STRONG#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Berlin Sans FB"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Berlin Sans FB'"#ed_cl# #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl#A carrot, an egg, and a cup of coffee...You will never look at a cup of coffee the same way again.#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Berlin Sans FB"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Berlin Sans FB'"#ed_cl# #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl#A young woman went to her mother and told her about her life and how things were so hard for her. She did not know how she was going to make it and wanted to give up. She was tired of fighting and struggling. It seemed as one problem was solved, a new one arose.#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Berlin Sans FB"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Berlin Sans FB'"#ed_cl# #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl#Her mother took her to the kitchen. She filled three pots with water and placed each on a high fire. Soon the pots came to boil. In the first she placed carrots, in the second she placed eggs, and in the last she placed ground coffee beans. She let them sit and boil, without saying a word.#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Berlin Sans FB"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Berlin Sans FB'"#ed_cl# #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl#In about twenty minutes she turned off the burners. She fished the carrots out and placed them in a bowl. She pulled the eggs out and placed them in a bowl. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Berlin Sans FB"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Berlin Sans FB'"#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl#Then she ladled the coffee out and placed it in a bowl.#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Berlin Sans FB"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Berlin Sans FB'"#ed_cl# #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl#Turning to her daughter, she asks, "Tell me what you see."#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Berlin Sans FB"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Berlin Sans FB'"#ed_cl# #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl#"Carrots, eggs, and coffee," she replied.#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Berlin Sans FB"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Berlin Sans FB'"#ed_cl# #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl#Her mother brought her closer and asked her to feel the carrots. She did and noted that they were soft. The mother then asked the daughter to take an egg and #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Berlin Sans FB"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Berlin Sans FB'"#ed_cl#break#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl# it. After pulling off the shell, she observed the hard boiled egg. #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Berlin Sans FB"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Berlin Sans FB'"#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl#Finally, the mother asked the daughter to sip the coffee. The daughter smiled as she tasted its rich aroma. The daughter then asked, "What does it mean, mother?"#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Berlin Sans FB"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Berlin Sans FB'"#ed_cl# #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl#Her mother explained that each of these objects had faced the same adversity: boiling water. Each reacted differently. The carrot went in strong, hard, and #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Berlin Sans FB"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Berlin Sans FB'"#ed_cl#unrelenting#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl#. However, after being subjected to the boiling water, it softened and became weak. The egg had been fragile. Its thin outer shell had protected its liquid interior, but after sitting through the boiling water, its inside became hardened. The ground coffee beans were unique, however. After they were in the boiling water, they had changed the water.#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Berlin Sans FB"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Berlin Sans FB'"#ed_cl# #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl#"Which are you?" she asked her daughter. "When adversity knocks on your door, how do you respond? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?"#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Berlin Sans FB"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Berlin Sans FB'"#ed_cl# #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl#Think of this: Which am I? Am I the carrot that seems strong, but with pain and adversity do I wilt and become soft and lose my strength?#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Berlin Sans FB"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Berlin Sans FB'"#ed_cl# #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl#Am I the egg that starts with a malleable heart, but changes with the heat? Did I have a fluid spirit, but after a death, a breakup, a financial hardship or some other trial, have I become hardened and stiff? Does my shell look the same, but on the inside am I bitter and tough with a stiff spirit and hardened heart?#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Berlin Sans FB"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Berlin Sans FB'"#ed_cl# #ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face=Arial#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl#Or am I like the coffee bean? The bean actually changes the hot water, the very circumstance that brings the pain. When the water gets hot, it releases the fragrance and flavor. If you are like the bean, when things are at their worst, you get better and change the situation around you. When the hour is the darkest and trials are their greatest, do you elevate yourself to another level? How do you handle adversity? Are you a carrot, an egg or a coffee bean?#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Berlin Sans FB"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Berlin Sans FB'"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Berlin Sans FB"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Berlin Sans FB'"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: #f00000; FONT-FAMILY: Arial"#ed_cl#may we all be COFFEE :)#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Berlin Sans FB"#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN style="FONT-SIZE: 10pt; COLOR: black; FONT-FAMILY: 'Berlin Sans FB'"#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:32 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's a neat story dee...thanks!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Lix » Tue Nov 01, 2005 2:44 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very neat story Dee!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I just passed it around.  So if it comes back to you, you'll know it was me.  (lol, I sent it to Abbey which I know sometimes passes it on!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby zooka » Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that is really some food for thought!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#no really I enjoyed it... i try to be coffee but it doesn't always work out!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:12 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmm im an egg i must say... i'll pass this on #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:13 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmm im an egg i must say... i'll pass this on #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby EatMyDust » Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hmmm, I think Im the egg! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wow pp72, me and you really are alike.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby Chisholm » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#BR#ed_cl#Well of course I try to be the coffee, but more times then not I end up like the egg.  And then there are times I end up like the carrot. LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:55 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Me too Chis, I think throughout my life I have had all three suits on at one time or another.  I will try to be coffee though lol#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby MacnRio » Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:49 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very neat, thanks for sharing!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As much as I'd like to say I'm the coffee...... I'm definitely an egg.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:11 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I usually end up like a carrot..but sometimes I emerge like coffee ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby stronghold » Thu Nov 03, 2005 6:20 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl#I try to be the coffee, but I know at some points in my life, I have been the egg and the carrot.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<strong><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font color="red"> In Loving Memory of Buzzing Pride
"Floppy"
April 3, 1978 - September 13, 2005
~~Champion, Teacher, Friend~~

>
stronghold
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby *Giddy Up* » Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That was a really good story. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC