*this just in*

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

*this just in*

Postby Pilgram » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:35 pm

isnt it ironic how the world seems so small and the friends you thought
you lost forever reappear? well in this case i have to say yes because
i just got in contact with my bestfriend who i grew up with since
elemetary school im happy and weird at the same time. i thought id post
that because im still stunned i thought i lost her forever but i guess
destiny found its way to my door step #ed_op#img src="richedit/smileys/Happy/5.gif"#ed_cl#
BORN TO RIDE--FORCED TO WORK
When riding you borrow freedom!
Live well,Laugh lots,Ride often.
**Apples are so over-rated~ A Horse I know**
Pilgram

Postby GoDDeSSofWiNgS » Sat Nov 05, 2005 9:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sometimes at random I think about good friends from the past that I have lost contact with and wonder where they are and what they are upto.  I do still talk to my best friend from elementary school occasionally on MSN but when I lived in Alberta I made some very good friends but lost contact with them immediately after I moved back to Ontario.  Dont really know how that happened but I do want to go back there lol and see what everyones upto one day.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Woodbine = Heaven

Barbaro: We will never know and that will always pain us most
GoDDeSSofWiNgS
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Sat Nov 05, 2005 10:14 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#That is great that two old time friends can reaquainte themselves after being apart for years..  I have a couple of friends like that...we were inseperable back as teens then we get caught up in our own seperate lives and the years go by.  Then something brings us back together ....like a death in either ones family in my case, and we are like we were never apart....it is great when two people have that special something....you are very lucky when that happens.#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby cadence » Sun Nov 06, 2005 12:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very cool.  I lost contact with a junior high school friend when she moved to Moncton.  I still think about her a lot and wonder how she's doing. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patience! Practice! Persistence!
cadence
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Chisholm » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I live 15 minutes away from someone who was my best friend for 10 years and it's now been 3 years since I have seen her, and I have never seen her second son who is now 2 years old.  Our lives just don't meet anymore.  She's happilied married and dedicated to raising a family and I am single and riding as a career.  Funny part is that we met riding, when ended up half leasing a horse together.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ahhh, who here remembers the crazy thread where NiagaraBoy was looking for me? Hadn't seen or heard from him since I was 17 or 18. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think it's neat to bump into old friends, in person or cyberspace!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:33 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Awh yes I do remember that thread...stirred up a few folks I think...lol  glad to hear that you two did get in touch though..#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Sun Nov 06, 2005 4:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, it did seem to result in a few heated words being exchanged which was too bad because it really was quite innocent in the end. Unfortunately I did not figure out what was up before that happened, I had really not been following the thread as he said he was an old poster returning, and even though I joined EC much earlier in order to sell a donkey I had never used the BB before last year so I just figured that I wouldn't know who it was! Once he gave his real first name that made me wonder enough to go back and read the clues, then there was no doubt!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It was definitely a bit of a strange incident though. Pretty typical in my life!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:25 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What a nice surprise. That happens occasionally to me too, when I go back to my hometown and see people I haven't seen in years. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:45 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#neat! i recently ran into an old friend of mine...we hadn't seen each other for about 6 1/2 years......it was nice to see him...we've exchanged numbers, but i haven't heard from him yet....too bad, i wanted to pump him for info on our old "group" of friends...LOL!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby BarnBratCSA » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:57 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I love when things work out like that.  I recently just got back in contact with an old high school friend.  In fact, we're meeting for dinner tonight! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BarnBratCSA
Groupie
Groupie

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:07 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Now here's a question--do you think the internet has contributed to you staying in touch with people? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby zooka » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:54 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#it definitely has with me.  I e-mail and msn people that I otherwise would not be talking to.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Megan Ball » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Internet is a god-send for staying in touch with old friends!!! I have a friend in Russia( so long talks on the phone are out!!) and we email each other back and forth!! Able to send pics and letter with out buying paper, envelopes or a stamp!!! PLus the uncertainty that my snail mail letters won't even arrive!! Which has happened way too often before we found each other thru the net! We phoned each other and finally got thru(which is another problem) and managed to get each other email addy before the line went dead!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby Eileen » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:45 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#I know that if it was not for the e-mail I would not be in touch with some of my old and new friends.  It certainly makes thing much simpler.  I love it....anything to make life simpler is ok by me...lol#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#it sure helps me keep in touch with my best friend who lives out in alberta, although she's awful at replying to emails, lol! and i can keep in touch with some horsey people through email/msn and of course the BBs.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i've not found any old friends over the internet though#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby zooka » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have not met any old school friends although I have seen articles of their success in the news paper now and then.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think NiagaraBoy was the only one who found me on the Internet, my sister however, is listed with Classmates, so she hears from all sorts of old high school friends.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I do find keeping in touch with my best friend who now lives in Australia easier! Others, like my sister, I call rather than email.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to The Lounge