Being Single

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Postby Eileen » Mon Nov 07, 2005 3:44 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Thanks BT...I wonder if Mac will see it....teee heee, if not well she thinks her big family secret is still in the closet   tee hee.#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby MacnRio » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Eileen, if I didn't love you so much I'd hate you! lo#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/1.gif"#ed_cl#l  Of course Eileen you'd find a way to twist that, only you.... #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/19.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Maybe I should reword that... My brother got married a year ago, my cousin got married a week ago.  I have younger family members and relatives that are now married to people outside the family (who are now family). Confusing enough for you now? Enough clarification? LMAO#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thank you to the EC'er *cough* babytigger*cough* who alerted me to Eileens twisted mind before it got even more out of hand!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/8.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:16 pm

MacnRio wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thank you to the EC'er *cough* babytigger*cough* who alerted me to Eileens twisted mind before it got even more out of hand!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/8.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well...we all know how eileens twisted mind works...........just wanted to give you a heads up!! before she got really nuts!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Eileen » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:48 am

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Hey, there is nothing wrong with my mind....'cept it wanders occasionally....lol  #ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Lix » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:04 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LMAO - Eileen - you are hilarious.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I guess I'm of the unpopular kind here who's in a great relationship and who wouldn't have it any other way! ;)  Sure relationships are about compromise - but man it's worth it.  I wouldn't trade the couple 'moments' (get your mind out of the gutter people;)) for anything.  It's like living with a best friend.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I never had dreams of being with someone when I was younger.  In fact, I am quite pessimistic about how people treat marriage nowadays.  It hardly means anything anymore.  But it takes meeting that right person to make you change your mind doesn't it? ;)  I've learnt a lot about myself and letting go, and learning not to try to control all situations.  I had my own house when I met my SO and it was difficult to sell and buy another one with him.  It felt as though I *was* losing my independance but I don't regret it one bit.  There are so many good things that came out of it.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That said - I don't see anything wrong with being single either.  If I didn't meet the right person, I definitely wouldn't just settle for anyone.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It's 2005 now!  Lots of people are single!  And I agree with whoever said that an independant woman is probably very attractive to men.  But you have to remember - no matter what the age, men ARE intimidated by women, and we often have to give them 'signs'.  ;)  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I say the best way to meet someone is through friends too!  I met my SO in a strange way.  At work, I used to talk to the guy who delivered mail.  We both live outside of Ottawa and one day realized we both lived in the same town.  So, we would talk when he came to deliver things etc.  I was in a bad relationship and I went through a rough time (that and the house burning down) so one day he said "what did you do this weekend?"  and I said "nothing"  He said "that's ridiculous - you can't just do 'nothing'.  I know someone who could use company too - give me your phone number and I'll get him to call you, he's my friend's little brother".  Anyway, phone numbers were exchanged and I felt like such a loser for it. ;)  Basically, this mail delivery friend wanted us to get together because "we both had no life".  LMAO.  So the "brother of the friend" finally called me - we set up a blind date (at Tim Hortons out of all places) met - and the rest is history! ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh Eileen...lol...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby *Giddy Up* » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:12 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ROTFLMAO Eileen....you're bad...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

re

Postby lola s » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff#ed_cl#Its funny Lix mentioned that `independant' women may be more attractive.  I actually had a male friend tell me that my `independance' was rather intimidating.  He said there was nothing a man needed to provide for me and that might make them feel useless.  I don't think I'd want a SO that felt the need to be my sugar daddy.  Its probably why I'm fine with being single.   I get to just be me.  I'm also about the least intimidating person you would ever meet.  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
lola s
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Chisholm » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well interesting you say that Lix because friends of mine just got married and the guy wanted a wife that wanted to be barefoot and pregant and he be the Man of the house.  And that's what his wife wanted too.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I would sooner chew on razor blades....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:04 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Well, I don't see a problem with bare foot and pregnant if both parties are in favour of it and want that life....it is good that those two got together and made a life time comitment to oneanother to do so....more power to them...but most modern women that I know....would have turned and ran in any direction but toward him.  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl# #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have a couple of friends who would love to be pregnant housewives, and my s-i-l also. Not so much for me, but I have no problem with someone else living their life that way. My mum said the only thing she knew she wanted to do when she grew up was to have children.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Eileen » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:36 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#YEs, Ruth, back in the "Good ole days" when our parents wre young and being influenced by our mentors...it was all....girls get married and have babies...and keep house and raise the kids and look after hubby and live happily everafter...where as the boys got the education and high educations and got the jobs and worked they way up the corporate ladder...and got the big job and high salary....and lived happily everafter..   hmmmm sounds good on paper..#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Wed Nov 09, 2005 6:45 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I don't even think it sounds good on paper. My aunt, who is somewhat younger than my mother, is the complete opposite, she wanted a career and couldn't have given a toss about husband or children, she did end up with all those things in the end, but is still pretty independent and very strong-minded. It is funny what a difference a few years in age difference can make, although they are very different personalities regardless, and grew up in West Indian society, which is to this day still very patriarchal.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Previous

Return to The Lounge