Crazy stalker woman

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Crazy stalker woman

Postby cadence » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, to copy what Ruth says, Lix has hunters and Ruth has gypies/hoodlums taking up residence in her barn...  I have a woman stalking my horse.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have a really old Arabian who is 33 years old.  My mom bought him for me in September 1981.  Then, I reluctantly sold him in 1997, after which he changed hands a couple more times until Wilamena. When she could no longer keep him because she was moving, she contacted me via our farrier, "do you want him back?" Well, naturally, I said, "yes, of course, in a heartbeat!".  So, he recognized me right away and came to our farm and settled in nicely and put on about 200 lbs in weight during the summer.  :)  (For those that don't know this story, he was painfully thin when he arrived and not healthy, but all is well now, although he is still thin but I'm hoping he'll maintain for the winter at least).  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Background so you understand the history - I first met this horse, when I was 9 years old and he was being kept across the street from my grandma's house and I used to visit him all the time.  The lady, Julie, who owned him then sold him in 1979 to a girl.  That girl then sold him to us in 1981.  Well, this Julie kept tabs on him while he was at that girl's house, then followed him when we bought him.  When I moved him to a different boarding facility after an injury, she apparently followed him up there to check on him periodically.  When I moved to a different town, I later heard from my mom that she had driven up there to check on him.  I moved a fair bit when I got into college and graduated and she followed him everywhere. She has never once asked permission to be on any of the properties where he was kept.. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When I sold him, he went to a different town about 5 hours east from where I live.  Apparently, Julie would drive up there to visit him.  When he got sold to Wilamena here in town, she went to the neighbours and put on quite a display of tears and wailing that he was "her horse and she just wants to see him and wants the phone number to call to see if she could see him", blah, blah, blah.  Apparently the neighbors were quite shocked.  She got onto Wilamena's property ... twice the neighbors caught her there without permission.  When Wilamena gave him to me, this caused a HUGE commotion with Julie and she went nearly wild.  But Wilamena wouldn't give him to Julie because she had said she wanted to bury him on her property. Well, this horse might be old, and he might have been sick and seriously underweight at the time, but there was still lotsa life in him!  So, Wilamena gave him to me.  The display of tantruming and emotion was quite impressive and upset Wilamena (who's in her 70's) and the family very upset. Anyway, her odd behavior is the number one reason Wilamena refused to even consider her as a potential candidate for keeping this horse. She was very relieved when the farrier (Dean has been working on my horses for nearly 25 years), referenced me as one who takes very good care of my horses and backed up my story of owning him since I was a kid.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyway, Julie somehow found out that it was me that had him. She harassed Wilamena repeatedly for my number which she refused to give her (Wilamena also thinks she is looney-tunes). Wilamena finally said if she called again she was filing charges with the Police. Then, Julie found our old phone number (just a couple weeks before we moved to our new farm) and called a couple times and left messages on the machine, to which I ignored. She and I have a history this woman - in the past she was very nasty to my mother and I consider her to be psychotic and I won't have anything to do with her. I hoped that with moving and a new number she would be thrown off and we had some peace for a while, but then she started phoning my mother.  My mother also thinks she is an obsessive psychotic, and wouldn't give her my number. Anyway, last Sunday, she called my mom's answering machine 3x in one day, demanding my phone number and address. The fourth call nabbed my mother live on the phone much to her dismay, so she finally said in a very firm voice "look, he's not your horse, she doesn't want you on the property, stop calling."  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, 2 mornings ago, something weird happened in my barn.  I noticed the old guy had piles of hay which I hadn't given him and he wasn't eating. Red flag #1. Then I noticed the hay bin was moved - could that be a Red Flag #2? - At first I thought perhaps he had knocked it...so brushed it aside, until I walked into the barn and noticed a silver Tuff-Tub was full of hay and put in the aisle beside the mini-pony's stall - something I would never do. RED FLAGS ARE UP.  I have 1 boarder who owns 11 horses and he would never have done this.  It was definitely someone else, a stranger and without permission.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#When I mentioned this to mom, she immediately said it must have been Julie.  How she found out where I live, I have no idea.  The telephone company insists there is no address listing in the phone registry for us, it just states the city name (we have that choice of being unlisted, listed with city only or listed with full address).  I suppose she could contact any number of different people and find out where I live - the horse world is rather small.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So now the tack room door is locked, the barn is locked at night, the gate is now chained and locked at all times and the old Arab and his little mini pony companion are moved to the pasture furthest from the road and closest to my house. If someone walks onto the property to his pasture, they will have to get through my tenant's dogs, plus my dogs.  They won't get through my dogs without being charged at, that's for sure.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If it is her, (who else would it be? Wilamena would always call first, she's such a wonderful, kind lady) then she has some nerve to walk onto my property without permission and feed him (which by the way, he has a sensitive appetite and any time something is off schedule, it throws him off for a day for so and then he ends up with fewer calories in him overall so an extra feeding isn't worth it - he already gets fed 4x a time as it is).  She probably snooped through stuff in the barn too, not just the hay.    #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyway, he was off his feed all day yesterday - I think he managed just 1-1/2 flakes of hay all day, instead of 4.  He did eat his oat/beet pulp mash late last night, thankfully, but hardly any hay.   This morning, I notice he has a whole pile of hay in his stall - more than I would have fed him and it is all wasted and left.  This morning, he is not eating breakfast.  Good thing we still have pasture grass but still, I'd rather see him eating hay and topping it off with grass. He's OLD.  He's ultra-SENSITIVE.  Any switches to routine upset him terribly.  Why can't she just leave him alone anyway!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And DUH - if it's not getting inside him, it's certainly not helping him!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, how about that for stupid, crazy, weird and ??? psycho.... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#He's not been her horse for 26 years!!!!!  GET OVER IT. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by cadence on Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Patience! Practice! Persistence!
cadence
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:56 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Goodness gracious. It's nice that she has continued to be so concerned over his welfare, but sheesh. That's off balance, big time.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hope your dogs will do the trick. Maybe you should get some geese too!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Trufflemaker » Sun Nov 06, 2005 1:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow, that must be one very special horse to have generated such strong love in two different people in his life. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It does sound like the woman is a nutbar. She is obviously really concerned about his welfare, but--if it is really her coming into your barn--she is going about "problem solving" in an uninformed and illegal manner. Before you can accuse her though, you have to prove it is her. You'll have to catch her red-handed.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My compassionate nature says contact her, tell her all about his sensitivities and why it's not a good idea to give him extras, etc, and offer her occasional scheduled (and supervised) visits with him. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My logical nature says, get a monitoring system and a restraining order! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck in resolving it. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby Megan Ball » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow that's quite the story! I would get the police involved as in reporting the harassing phone calls and the sudden strange goings-on in your barn. Also you can get no trespassing signs for your property and if she's caught you can have her arrested and charge for tresspassing!! Video survalince works wonders! Have a report filed on her though! If she's that nuts, she could seriously do some harm not just to your horses, but to you as well. She might even try and *take* him back!! Maybe keep your aggressive dog(s) in the barn at night, along with the no trespassing signs and some beware of dogs signs, she won't be able to legally hurt your dogs if they bite her! As well she might stay away if she knew that guard dogs were on the property and are in full allowance to bite. Good luck, but definatly get the police involved! They are paid to protect you and your property and that includes animals! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Rocket - TB
Kenzie - Arabian
Peanut - pony
Toffee - Welsh x pony
Whisper - Spotted Draft
Megan Ball

Postby Pretty_Pony72 » Sun Nov 06, 2005 2:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Kind of a tricky situation...if it was my horse i would get really involed(sp?) call the police exc. But if this lady is nuts then who knows whta can happen after that. Maybe you can see what patterns she has and hide your car ( if you drive to the barn) and wait for her, see what she does then talk to her. I'm sure she has the best intentions for him, and maybe has had some major history with him. I would be pi**ed right off, but you should think about whats going threw her mind. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Is there anyone on the property during the day?.. or night..when ever these things have been happening(sp?)? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Maybe you should try a video survalence..don't want to acuse some lady of doing soemthing that she isn't doing#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sometimes you have to trust what a horse did was right
Pretty_Pony72
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Sun Nov 06, 2005 3:04 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#How far away does this "Julie" live from your barn?  would her car not be seen by neighbors, your, boarders, etc at some point in time.?  I only ask this because you have jumped to conclusions here with no proof.  I understand the deductions and all, I would think the same thing.  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Is it possible that your horse just simply did not eat his hay from the previous feeding?  Being fed 4 x day...he may have not been that hungry at the time of the last feeding.  I am just throwing things out on the table here, we have to look at all possibilites before pointing fingers...It sounds like the same person that was messing around Ruths barn has moved on to other areas...JK...but it is the same scenerio....could it be possible that who ever is messing around and moving the feed tubs etc etc  is a totally different person than Julie...???  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I do agree that JUlie does sound like a nut case but maybe she is innocent of this little crime....Just giving you a different prospective.  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby cadence » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Julie only owned the horse for 2 years and has not owned him since 1979.  She lives in another city 1-1/2 hours south of where I live. My house is 50 feet from the barn, but I can only see the north and east sides of the barn.  The driveway is on the southeast.  The thought has occurred to me that she might try to take him. She told Wilamena he was still hers - wrong. I have the American and Canadian registration papers, the bill of sale, the cancelled cheque and the Canadian passport.  Lesson for everyone - no matter how long you have your horse, always keep all original documentation of your purchase until the horse is dead or sold and even then keep it for another 7 years. If you sell, keep that documentation too for at least 7 years. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I also forgot to mention that I figure she was in the barn last night too. Sometime after the 9 p.m. feed, he was given more hay. A LOT more hay, more than he could possibly have eaten in 2 days. All this hay was wasted because he just pushed it around, peed and pooped on it and slept in it.  If it's not getting into his tummy, it isn't doing him any good. So, today he hasn't eaten breakfast, hasn't eaten lunch. This means today, once confined to his stall, he will eat maybe 2 flakes of hay, tops, for the entire day. So, by her interfering twice this week, he will now have 2 days of too little caloric intake and this horse cannot afford that.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Frankly, this is more than a "dearly beloved horse".  This is psychologically disturbed and abnormal behavior.  It is obsession.  It is stalking. It's trespassing.  There are other ways to keep track of a dearly beloved horse. Sneaking around on someone's property, uninvited and unwelcome, feeding a horse and interfering with a horse's care is NOT a normal way to go about it.  It is illegal to interfere with someone else's animals unless you can prove they are being abused and neglected. If you want to see the horse, at least have the balls to come up to the house and knock on the door - I'm certainly not afraid to tell her to her face she is unwelcome on the property and to leave before she is charged with trespassing.  The point is, she KNOWS she's not welcome, just like she knew she wasn't welcome on Wilamena's property and wasn't welcome on the property of the people I sold him to 8 years ago.  And whether she wants to face it or not, she does not own the horse and has not owned him for 26 years.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We've decided to install an electrified security gate on the entrance of the driveway - the kind you have to punch in a code in order for the gate to open and anyone touching it will get a little zap. It will easier to track who's coming and going. It's not that this Arabian is worth that in $$, but I do breed Hanoverians and they certainly are worth some pretty pennies and I would feel better having more security... not to mention my boarder who has 11 valuable polo horses including 4 imported mares from Argentina.  The other measure will be a discussion with the police.  Perhaps I'll have to buy some cameras.  I was thinking of getting some cameras installed in the foaling boxes so I could watch mares foal out without disturbing them, but now it might be worth installing cameras to watch the aisle and entrances too.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This is stupid - what does one need to have a farm these days - a maze of security measures, electrified gates, video surveillance, restraining orders, and what next?  Security guards and guard dogs?  Gimme a break.  Thanks for listening to my venting.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
cadence
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby cadence » Sun Nov 06, 2005 5:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Eileen - I have only 1 boarder and he has 11 horses and he definitely would not do this.  Besides, he a lawyer and knows the legalities of interfering with another horse.  This is someone who is not supposed to be on the property.  And how does a horse get a pile of hay in his feed box that is 2 feet deep except a human being put it there?  A ridiculous human being at that.  This horse does not eat hay that is not put out fresh.  Thus, he gets fed frequent small feeds in managable portions that he eats up.  If you put any hay left over in his box out for the next feed, he will refuse to eat it.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#PS:  The gal I sold the horse to in 1997 lived 5 hours east of here and Julie showed up on her doorstep wanting to see him. How she found out where he was, nobody knows.  She was refused entrance because the lady didn't know who she was and thought it odd.  A few weeks later, the lady found Julie on the property near the horses. Again she was thrown off and told if she came there again she would be charged with trespassing. From there, he was sold to a lady in my city who had him as a school horse and Julie showed up on her doorstep also wanting to see him. When he was sold to Wilamena, Julie showed up there and then has been harassing us when I got him back in August. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Like I said, it is highly doubtful this is someone other than Julie - only Julie has been obsessed enough to spend hours looking for the horse, then drive to that location numerous times.  Don't you think this is a little odd?  I certainly do. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
cadence
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

re

Postby lola s » Sun Nov 06, 2005 6:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff#ed_cl#That's so scary Cadence.  I would definately have a talk with your local police.  Maybe you can get a 'no contact' order or something.  The fact is, if he were a bit more piggish, she could set off colic in him by throwing so much at him at one time.  It seems, as it is, he's getting overwhelmed by the amount of feed she's putting in front of him.  Either way, old horses have such fragile systems its a danger to him.  If she's that nuts, I wouldn't feel comfortable having her around my property either.  Who knows what she will do.  Crazy tends to escalate.   I wonder why she's so fixated on him.  Perhaps she never wanted to sell him?  At any rate, it shouldn't be your problem  Some of our racehorses had `fans' that showed up to watch them all the time, but they never bothered us like this loon.  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff#ed_cl#Is it possible she has tracked you through his registry?  I don't think some breed associations are as strict with giving out addresses as they should be.  I'd be looking for some other booby trap for her.  Leave something loud in the haystack so if she sneaks in to feed him, it will wake you up and you can catch her.  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
lola s
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Piaffing » Sun Nov 06, 2005 7:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow that is quit the story. I hope you get it all worked out. As for venting, vent away, that is what we are all here for.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Frogs in a basket. Oh, one jumped out, grab that frog.
EC Level 1 Coach, ARIA Level 3 Dressage Coach, C Level Pony Club Tester
http://piaffing.blogspot.com/
www.dressagelife.com
Piaffing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: re

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:16 am

lola s wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Times New Roman" color=#000000#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff#ed_cl#Is it possible she has tracked you through his registry?  I don't think some breed associations are as strict with giving out addresses as they should be.  I'd be looking for some other booby trap for her.  Leave something loud in the haystack so if she sneaks in to feed him, it will wake you up and you can catch her.  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good point Lola....Technically, there is the Privacy Act, and they are not allowed to give out your phone number. I have people calling here all the time wanting this contact info or that contact info. But you never know if that could be the source. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very disturbing indeed. Unfortunately without difinitive proof, you can't do much of anything but protect your barn. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know how frustrating it is, but if it means a few extra precautions, it could be worth it. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby MacnRio » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:59 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yikes!! She sounds crazy for sure....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You know, I bet if she had asked nicely, to be kept up to date on his progress, and to see him regulairly, it wouldn't be such an issue.....  In fact, I bet any of the owners would've been happy to have her visit..... But - if it is her in your barn - she sure is looking like a nutbar!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:47 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yikes! take your safety & that of your horse seriously...wouldn't wantr her obsession to hurt the other horses you have there. i'd definately at least get a camera for the ailse of your abrn & the electric gate is a good idea too. definately speak with your local police, and perhaps let them know how much she has harrassed this horses previous owners as well....maybe they'll take it seriously at that point.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby AWSgurl » Mon Nov 07, 2005 1:35 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#can't you lock the barn doors at night with a chain so she can't get in at night????...that's so scarey, and very bold of her to do that........what next..........#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Coloured Horses for Sport
AWSgurl

Postby cadence » Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:12 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The only problem I have with locking the barn doors is if there is ever a fire you want to be getting in there and getting the horses out very quickly - you won't have time to fiddle with locks and keys.  Fire spreads through a barn very, very quickly.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#The electrified gate and cameras are a good start.  I will have to see what other measures can be used without compromising safety. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
cadence
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

re

Postby lola s » Mon Nov 07, 2005 7:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff#ed_cl#Seriously, some strings and a few cans may be a good booby trap for her.  She's obviously lurking around in the dark so she's never going to see them.  As long as they tangle up and make a noise, so your dogs let you know what's up.  Can you hear the barn from your house?#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT face="Comic Sans MS" color=#0000ff#ed_cl#I completely agree with locking the barn though.  I wouldn't like that option either. #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
lola s
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby TequillaJack » Mon Nov 07, 2005 8:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You do have grounds to get a restraining order on her, on the grounds that you fear for the safety of your horse.  The police might need a vets opinion that indeed what the lady is doing is harming the horse, but then the order can be issued.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Also if you know about the time she is coming in every night you can ask the cops to drive by around that time and see if anything is going on.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Other then that I say a good old fashion arse whipping is in order#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
TequillaJack
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Trufflemaker » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Maybe we should think outside the box here... #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Thinking/2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OK, I got it.  Maybe you could get her to do the rest of the barn work while she's trespassing.... muck out stalls, change water buckets, soak beet pulp, prepare rations, etc. #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Leave her a detailed note listing all the chores!!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby pmc » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:07 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Truly weird, cadence!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Aside from potential harm to the horse(s), the thing that oogies me out is the thought of someone on my property while I'm sleeping.  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Shocked/6.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I, too, would put a lock on the barn door for awhile at least, with a key (well-hidden) very close by.  The chance of a fire is remote, but the chance of this person doing real harm is very real.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#File a police report now.  Then something will be on file should you need it.  And get the "Private Property - No Trespassing" signs and see that they are prominently displayed.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Keep up posted!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
pmc
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:15 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That is true. Filing a police report looks good on you if something happens down the road. Then it is legally documented that she has harassed you in the past and you have better grounds to take legal action. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Return to The Lounge