WIND AND RAIN

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Postby babytigger » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:52 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#yep...i got up yesterday a.m & debated not going to see the horse due to the weather....it was crappy & raining....but it pretty much stopped & the sun was trying tpo break through as i was onmy way up to see him.....we had good weather to ride in (in an indoor arean!!), and even when it started raining again, it didn't pahse the big guy - he could have cared less about the sound of the rain on the arena roof!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#now - the drive home was fun...i could feel the wind pushing around the car, and then once i was home....i started to think the wind was going to blow the whole darn apt building down!! the dog even had trouble doing his business, as he was trying to balance and the wind kept pushing him!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby AQHAgirl » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:56 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#It was nasty, nasty, nasty here too.  there were power lines down in a twon nearby, we had hyrp pole busted off on our road swinging from the lines.  thank god they finially got here by the afternoon to tie the think down with cement si ti wouldn'd bust the lines.  Hydro went out like 6 times but came back on all six times shortly after.  Thunder and lightening early in the morning.   braches, barnboard, and grabage all over the place.  Had to go get one of our scaried cat horses outin the pasture as the empty stell water trough had tried to blow away and she wasn't walking past it on her own even though it wasn't moving anymore.  I had to help my FIL tie the pool tarp back down and ancor the rope around it so it would get ripped off again.  So I can sympathize with Mac about a tarp hitting you in the head, only this one had water on top that keep blowing off and giving me a shower.  LOL  not fun..then getting back from barn a whirl wind of leaves surrounds me and the leaves starting hitting me in the face and man they hurt I think a couple actually left little cuts...... AARRRGGGGG.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thank goddness it's calmed down now!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Helen Thomson ~ In riding a horse we borrow freedom

[url=http://www.TickerFactory.com/]
[/url]
AQHAgirl

Postby Eileen » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:08 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#There was not a lot of damage that I know of in my particular area although reports on the radio did say that hundreds of people in the county were still with out power.  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I also heard that abut 20 people or so were killed in the tornado winds in southern Indiana....and of course the 3 horses.  Apparently a trailer park was hit and that is where most of the people were killed.  Then you have a day like today...go figure.  #ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know...the sunshine shocked me as well :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Eileen » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:23 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#LOL  ...good one Gracie.....ROTF  hahah#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL...I just got it...I didn't mean it like that...but it was good wasn't it? LMAO#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Eileen » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:28 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Silly me....I thought that your response was on the Elec Shock topic....lol  it would have made more sense on that topic sorry....I must pay more attention...#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:33 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#No it was funny. It really was ;) It 'shocked' me to think that I didn't pick up on it! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Previous

Return to The Lounge