Found our farm!

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Postby zooka » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:24 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#congrats tbbrat sounds awesome!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:24 am

tbbrat wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah, but aren't you up by Ottawa GS?  I'm #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#not#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# hauling it up there!  LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'll come down and get it! Maybe an impromtu EC Christmas party ;) Just kidding, I'm a garage sale nut :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby tbbrat » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:33 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Elizabeth - we don't #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#have#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# a basement!!   I packed up almost all my books today, took down the bookshelves, now the living room is full of boxes.  We'll have to rent a storage locker or something.  Sigh.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Our agent came out and took pictures today, the sign goes up tomorrow (B's daughters come for supper tonight and he thought he should tell them #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#before#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# they see the sign LOL).  We're probably having an "agent's" open house on Tuesday, so I've got my work cut out for me.  Once I get the living room cleared of boxes, I need to paint it.  The back room needs clearing out and a darned good cleaning - that's where the chicks were for six weeks.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:38 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#tb, is there any way that you could get intouch with the present owners of the farm that you bought...perhaps they have a garage, basement, barn spare stall  trailer etc that you can use as storage till you move...#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Dee22 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats TBbrat!! Your new place sounds terrific!!#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley32.gif"#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck on the sale of your current home :) #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley20.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Dee22
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Ruth » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's really exciting! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck with selling the old place. I dread the day we'll have to sell ours - my SO is a hoarder, he has kitchen utensils that I don't even know the purpose of.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:34 pm

Hmm, not having a basement to put the boxes does make it more challenging. I like Eileen's suggestion.

Doing all that cleaning and painting is far easier when you have that new place to think about :) I know it spurred us on and we got a lot done in a very short time. I hope that it sells quickly for you.
Elizabeth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:36 pm

Hmm, not having a basement to put the boxes does make it more challenging. I like Eileen's suggestion.

Doing all that cleaning and painting is far easier when you have that new place to think about :) I know it spurred us on and we got a lot done in a very short time. I hope that it sells quickly for you.
Elizabeth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:19 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#You can say that again Elizabeth...lol#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:13 am

That's too funny, Eileen. Everything froze up when I was posting so I just exited. I guess it resubmitted the post when I logged back in :?
Elizabeth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby tbbrat » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:15 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
I dread the day we'll have to sell ours - my SO is a hoarder, he has kitchen utensils that I don't even know the purpose of.#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tell me about it #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Angry/5.gif"#ed_cl# - B is a packrat too, big time - and I'm not far behind LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Elizabeth - I got creative today!  All the stuff I had packed up and bookcases that I took down (gotta love IKEA!), I stuffed into the van.  It's kinda full now, though, so I don't know where anything else is going to go.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, we've already had two walkthroughs, one agent with a couple and another just two agents.  It only got listed yesterday!  Another one scheduled for Friday - maybe this will go really fast.  I can dream, can't I?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Eileen, our offer is conditional on our selling this one, so I don't think we can start moving stuff in, just yet!  B is talking about buying an old cube van for storage and moving purposes - probably cheaper and easier than renting a storage locker and U-Haul.  It's nice to have a mechanic in the family.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:30 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If it was drier weather I would offer you some storage in the back of my barn, but it is too wet now in the field to drive through to the back, and a serious obstacle course to get to the back via the front.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:32 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Tbbrat, I'll bet that your place will sell very quickly...it's very unique (in a GOOD way).  And, backing onto the river...sigh!  Canoeing and fishing whenever you want!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yup, it'll go fast...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Do you have the MLS listing number so that we can all look??#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby tbbrat » Fri Nov 11, 2005 5:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ruth, it's kind of you to think of me - but I don't think we would want to go all the way to Barrie to store stuff anyway, when we're moving to Brantford.  The price of gas, it would be cheaper to rent a storage locker!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chenders, the MLS # is 594680.  I've had three walkthroughs today, another one at 5, one tomorrow and two on Sunday (so far).  I'm tired!  One couple today seemed very interested, so keeping fingers crossed.  The girls are coming this weekend, so we'll have to have a little chat about keeping tidy, getting out of bed before noon, etc.etc. etc. LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby *Giddy Up* » Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:59 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ooo congrats on finding the new house!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I hope you have good success with selling yours! lol, I like the getting out of bed before noon comment. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby tbbrat » Sat Nov 12, 2005 9:20 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, if they won't get out of bed and we have prospective buyers coming through, we'll just have to explain that the lazy teenagers don't come with the house! LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Previous

Return to The Lounge