Found our farm!

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Found our farm!

Postby tbbrat » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:01 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, it looks like I'll be hosting the EC BBQ next summer LOL.  We've had a conditional offer accepted on a ten acre farm just south of Brantford!!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl#  All fenced, two ponds and a creek, so water accessible from all fields, a smallish barn, but room for all our critters plus a couple more horses if we so choose, and a 3 br brick bungalow.  The house isn't my dream house (brick Victorian or stone farmhouse), but it's clean and in excellent condition.  It's up on a hill almost halfway back on the property, surrounded by trees, so very private and quiet.  Dirt road, not much traffic.  Next door neighbour and the ones around the corner have horses too.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So, anybody wanna buy a log house on an acre with river frontage?  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby chenders01 » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:08 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Let me be the first to say a huge "congratulations"!!  Wow!  That's just awesome!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/11.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hmm...if your back yard wasn't so swampy, I'd definitely be talking to the spouse about moving.  I love that little house, and the hubby would go NUTZ about being right on the river.  I'm sure you'll find a buyer quickly though...someone who will appreciate the land, and wouldn't want to put horses on it.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And, if you need help planning the next EC BBQ, I'm here for ya!  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//grin.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby MacnRio » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:13 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#WHUHOO tbbrat! That is SOOO exciting!!!!!!! Of course, you know you HAVE to show us pictures!!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#EC BBQ, sign me up!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Elizabeth » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:14 am

Congratulations on having your offer accepted. It sounds like a perfect place for you all.

Our move to Cobourg is scheduled for mid-January. Our house here sold to the first people that looked at it, within an hour of us allowing people through!!
Elizabeth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:33 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats!!!! :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby tbbrat » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:01 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chenders!  Whadya mean,  swampy? #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/4.gif"#ed_cl# Only in the spring!  Seriously, it depends what you want to do with it.  No, you can't keep horses on it, but then it's not really big enough, anyway.  C'mon, bring hubby out and let him have a look.  It #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#would#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# be a gardener's paradise, you've got your rock garden, your shade garden, your sun garden, your water garden . . . .  not to mention fishing and canoeing right in your backyard.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Actually our house is a lot like being at the cottage all year 'round, pretty quiet with all the trees around us.  Sitting in front of  the woodstove, with hot chocolate in the winter, mmmm.  Man, I'm gonna miss the woodstove! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Sad/1.gif"#ed_cl# Maybe we can put one in the living room at the new place.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm looking forward to having water in the barn - what luxury!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:58 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#tbbrat - congrats!!! it sounds lovely (although, your current house sounds adorable too!!) - post us some pics chicky!! and EC BBQ - no prob! i'm familiar with the brantford area!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#elizabeht - wow! within an hour - congrats!! that must ease your mind a bit!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby rubberman » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:24 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congratulations Tbbrat on the new place it sounds great and I am sure it will be nice to have the horses in the back yard so to speak..  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
rubberman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Patricia » Mon Nov 07, 2005 12:02 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey BIG congratulations!  I am not too far from Brantford.  I am near the Shores of Lake Erie and not far from the Indian Line to Brantford.  Hope your place sells fast...Hmmm where are you now...On the Grand R.?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby tbbrat » Mon Nov 07, 2005 4:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, Patricia, you'll just have to come for a visit when we get there!  We're now on the Speed River, in Hespeler (northern Cambridge) - it runs into the Grand a mile or so downstream from us.    Whereabouts are you on Lake Erie?  We looked at a couple of properties a few weeks ago - up for tax sales.  One was in Lowbanks, 150 acres and the other was just north of Nanticoke, about 25 acres (backing onto the Esso refinery - yuck).  Neither one of them had buildings, so just as glad we didn't have the winning tenders!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby bay mare » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wow, that is so exciting!  Congrats!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
bay mare
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Patricia » Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My mailing address is Selkirk but I am close to Featherstone Point.  Not far from the drag strip on Kohler Road.  Far enough to not hear the noise and the traffic it brings...LOL!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patricia
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Piaffing » Mon Nov 07, 2005 9:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That is so exciting. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Frogs in a basket. Oh, one jumped out, grab that frog.
EC Level 1 Coach, ARIA Level 3 Dressage Coach, C Level Pony Club Tester
http://piaffing.blogspot.com/
www.dressagelife.com
Piaffing
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Eileen » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:44 am

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#Wow, Tbrat...that is great news.  Congrats on the new farm....yep it sounds like there will be another BBQ in store.#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby jax » Tue Nov 08, 2005 8:55 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Great news!!  Congrats!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby tbbrat » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:34 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OK, I have a rough idea of where you are, Patricia.&nbsp; I know somebody has (had? haven't talked to her in a few years) a place on #20 just north of South Cayuga.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oh, yeah, BBQ for sure, guys - and Eileen, you'd better come to this one!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We got our house listed last night, the agent is coming out today for pics, and I'm busy trying to figure out where to put all our #ed_op#U#ed_cl#stuff#ed_op#/U#ed_cl#!&nbsp;&nbsp; Need to have a yard sale, but it's kinda the wrong time of year. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:35 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#tbbrat - try the goodwill! lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:08 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What do you have? I'm broke and need stuff! LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby tbbrat » Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:13 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah, but aren't you up by Ottawa GS?&nbsp; I'm #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#not#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# hauling it up there!&nbsp; LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Elizabeth » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:20 am

I hear you on the "where to put your stuff" problem. We waited a week after listing the house before we would allow anyone through. We spent the whole week packing half our lives into boxes to store in the basement as well as moving furniture around, some into the garage, so that the house didn't look cluttered. It obviously worked as the house sold really fast but now we are trying to figure out where stuff is, how to get things back to "normal" and how to manage for 2 months before we move with some stuff packed and other stuff still around!! And, yes, trips to Goodwill were part of the process.
Elizabeth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Next

Return to The Lounge