Looking for a dog for a friend

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Looking for a dog for a friend

Postby Kaleena » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:12 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Does anyone have any links to dog rescue organizations around the toronto area? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm trying to help find a suitable puppy/dog for a friends parents. We need something smaller in size, preferably female...a puppy or younger dog would be nice but would definitely consider something older if the fit was right. The mothers one breed request is no jack russels, other than that they are open to pretty much anything and any cross. I've checked all the SPCA sites around us but all they seem to have is larger dogs, ie Rotties, Pits, shepards etc.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby draftdriver » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:55 am

draftdriver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:55 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#kaleena - did you try the "buy & sell" website......or craiglist? they do have pets sometimes too.....also - did you check the toronto humane society site?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#there is one rescue that i know of....4 legged love....but i can't recall her email.....but she does post sometiems on torontopetnetwork.ca (i think it's .ca, but may be .com?!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Kaleena » Mon Nov 07, 2005 11:13 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks DD I'll check that one out and forward it on.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#BB - I did check the toronto humane society, TONS of pits and pitty like crosses, nothing small and fluffy :( I'll check out that site you gave and see if I can find something there. I have checked some buy and sell pages and classifieds in newspapers. The search is on! They are an elderly (not old :P) couple who lost their cocker spaniel a few years ago. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Cheryl » Mon Nov 07, 2005 2:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://www.petfinder.com"#ed_cl#http://www.petfinder.com#ed_op#/A#ed_cl#  type in your preference & poof. (of hair)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Cheryl

Return to The Lounge