so I took an equine massage course!

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

so I took an equine massage course!

Postby xena_n_joss » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:28 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, some of you may have noticed I haven't been on here for almost a week now. Reason being I was away taking an Equine Massage Course! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I went and took Jodi Pendry's course in Orangeville... I had carefully researched my options prior to taking the course and she seemed the best option. I had also researched the Darcy Lane Equine course. Which I can safely say DONT GO THERE! Darcy Lane has actually been questionable in the theory and ways they teach the course and have been up for review with the governement (or whoever does it) because of how they are running things. I wont burn them any further but it isnt reccomended. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I was actually very happy and impressed with Jodi's course. She has been doing EMT for over 13 years and she is also a human massage therapist as well and has ALOT of great knowlegde to offer. I really truely was a bit skepticle upon going there but I really am happy and glad I did. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I learned a ton of stuff and I cant wait to go work on Xena tonight!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:33 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats...is this something you want to learn to do full time? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:43 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#congrats xena! hope you can find some clients now!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby xena_n_joss » Mon Nov 07, 2005 10:43 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#im not sure, I was not sure how much business you would actually get. But apparently it is quite popular and Jodi said alot of her students are doing really well with their businesses and actually making a good living off it. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So who knows. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Im looking into school still too. I got in for the Developemental Service Worker program... But after this week of working with the horses It made me realize more how much I DONT want to take the DSW program... So its back to the drawing board. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
When something goes wrong in a show, it's actually the best time because you learn from it. You ask yourself 'what can I do better?' When everything goes OK, you don't ask yourself that question --- ANKY
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby zooka » Tue Nov 08, 2005 11:37 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#So how did the massage go with Xena?  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Never go into a course when you do not think it is what you want.  I have seen a lot of people waste time and money that they really could not afford that way. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I personally love the DSW course but it really is not for everyone.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:51 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#xena - you should talk to dee about the equine massage business...i know she does it sometimes, but i also know she has another day job as well#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and yes - definatly do not take a course unless you're sure you want to....otherwise it is a waste of time & money#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#No kidding BT..I have friends who are thousands of dollars in debt for courses they aren't even going to use. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby tbbrat » Tue Nov 08, 2005 4:28 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey, Xena - anytime you want to practice on me . . . LOL#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's great that you took the course, good for you!  Have you ever considered human RMT courses?  They make good money.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:50 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And its becoming more popular. People are taking more massages for therapy, and its starting to have more coverage by insurance companies. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby xena_n_joss » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:02 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#well xena enjoyed her massage! I found her shoulders were pretty tight, but im going to igve her another massage when I have time so hopefully I can loosen it off some. I found a spot where she had torn a muscle too.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I did talk to Dee about it... She had said she didnt do alot of it right now, I guess there are alot in her area and she said she didnt advertise very much... But I guess if she already has a good paying job then there wouldnt be much point... I dont know haha. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I thought about taking HMT... that might be something to think about... Its so hard picking something though you know? If anyone khas any tips let me know lol... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Part of the issue with picking something is the thing that I want to have a job that I would be able to get work anywhere. Like any province or town ect that will pay decent. In case I want to move, or in case I end up with my current bf who is in the military. ( I know, I shouldnt be counting on anything until were like married and stuff... but its pretty serious now).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Theres just so many things to think about. So many pros and cons.... If anyone has any suggestions of thing let me know. I thought about taking a small animal vet course... The thing about always having to be on call is a con... But its pretty good pay... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#No kidding BT..I have friends who are thousands of dollars in debt for courses they aren't even going to use. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#This is what I DONT want to happen... lol#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
xena_n_joss
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Hev339 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:04 pm

Congrats!!#ed_op#br#ed_cl#
I'm so jealous! I've been looking into courses for a long time now, but
have to wait until I'm finished University to go! Can't wait. :) #ed_op#br#ed_cl#
Hev339
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:44 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Go for it Xena..then you can massage me! hehehehe :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Return to The Lounge