Our "MIAs"

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Our "MIAs"

Postby chenders01 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Was just thinking about all the people who used to post here but have sort of "disappeared".  Here are the ones off the top of my head:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Infinite Mystery (miss the dancing Spidey!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Abbey#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Shytech#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Dream Merchant#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Chrystal#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#High Hopes#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Bluebird#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know there are LOTS more that I can't think of right now.  Anyone want to add to the list?  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Anyone know whatever happened to these people??  If you're talking to them off the board, let the know that We Miss Them!!  And how DARE they have lives that take them away from EC????  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby zooka » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:52 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#wasn't Abbey in the process of moving or something?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#there was also Terry3025 who went to work as a working student for Gina.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by zooka on Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:53 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Infamous Luna ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Lix » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:00 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very true chenders!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've wondered about Infinite Mystery too!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#And there was 12th of Never too.  And Spyder.  I'm sure there's others!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As for Abbey, I can update!  We still chat about once a week.  I've gone with her a couple times to see Adonis at this cute place in the boonies, lol.  He's getting SO big!  He's definitely starting to lose that baby body and looking increasingly like a real horse!  I think she plans on backing him in a few months.  Just start real slow.  I'm sure he'll be great.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#On another note - she is moving to Montreal soon.  We are actually all going to the restaurant for her goodbye dinner this weekend.  :(   I'm really happy for her though as this is something she really wanted. ;) #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'll let her know she is missed!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Would be nice to hear from everybody else!  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby chenders01 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:03 pm

graciespook wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Infamous Luna ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well, yeah, but she hasn't been gone that long, and we know that it's just a temporary absence, while she gets settled into her new digs.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm talking about people who have been gone for awhile, with no indication as to why they left.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Lix, thanks for the update on Abbey...and tell her we miss her.  Hopefully once she gets moved to Montreal, she'll get back online again and post more pics of that gorgeous boy of hers!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lix - tell abbey we miss her & good luck with her move & adonis - i wanna see some pics of this big guy!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#as for IM - who knows....i know she could no longer post on here from work, maybe no computer at home???#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#12th has vanished, as has shytech, & chrystal & DM.....BB posted not too long ago, about a month, i think........#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#spyder, as has been discussed in another thread, was booted off EC.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#and i know terry said she wouldn't get much of a chance to post on here while she's working at gina's#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hmmmmmmm...i wonder who else has slipped our radar? at least spotz made a return - sort of!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Chisholm » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:25 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ANd we know that Wildie and Stronghold are still around.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wait a minute what about our Aussie friends.  We had one ages ago that's gone and I can't think of the name of our more recent Aussie, the Jumper rider?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Chisholm
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#chis - that's dream merchant you're thinking of....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:26 pm

Chisholm wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#ANd we know that Wildie and Stronghold are still around.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Wait a minute what about our Aussie friends.  We had one ages ago that's gone and I can't think of the name of our more recent Aussie, the Jumper rider?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's Dream Merchant.  I mentioned her in my original post.  Haven't seen her here for awhile.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby stronghold » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:46 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#ff0000#ed_cl#I often wonder about some of the oldtimers, like Raintrap and LE, they were here before I was, as well as many others whose names escape me right now...#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<strong><font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif"><font color="red"> In Loving Memory of Buzzing Pride
"Floppy"
April 3, 1978 - September 13, 2005
~~Champion, Teacher, Friend~~

>
stronghold
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:49 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol stronghold - i met raintrap a couple months ago -she's hardly an "old timer" - she's quite young, or looks it at least! but you're right, she hasn't posted for a while either....and LE? is that LE123 on some of the other boards? if so...she says EC goes to slow for her#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Kaleena » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#IM is one that comes to my mind...just sort of disappeared.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#What about:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lavyx?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=gen#ed_cl#Shetan?#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=gen#ed_cl##ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#SPAN class=gen#ed_cl#There was also a&nbsp;girl from up north...hmm...darkangel something something....&nbsp;darkangelsdream?#ed_op#/SPAN#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#TM? I think she had Icelantics...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Honeydew?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by Kaleena on Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:13 pm

babytigger wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol stronghold - i met raintrap a couple months ago -she's hardly an "old timer" - she's quite young, or looks it at least! but you're right, she hasn't posted for a while either....and LE? is that LE123 on some of the other boards? if so...she says EC goes to slow for her#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Pffttt....too slow...come on!!! lol..this is more of a community than any of the other boards. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Kaleena » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:21 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thought of a few more!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#CSHrider#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#when I first joined there was someone with the name Paintmegreen or something like that...i always use to laugh at their avatar#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby rubberman » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:23 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes BT, LE and LE123 are one and the same and of course the download time, as you mentioned, is the issue that forced her absence.&nbsp; Sonny Siskin has not been around much since moving up to the great white north and I suspect that she is busy up there and having a wonderfull time with her new job.&nbsp; I also miss Rio (who may be off training for marathons and busy with the new job) and Infinite Mystery (who did mention that she was going to be around less because of a change at work, however, she did not&nbsp;mention disappearing).&nbsp; Lix, thanks for the update on Abbey.&nbsp; I think that at times life just gets busier and a lot of posters find they no longer have the time to post.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
rubberman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:27 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Oooohhh...slow as in slow on the computer..I think #ed_op#EM#ed_cl#I'm#ed_op#/EM#ed_cl# the one thats slow today ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby babytigger » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:31 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thanks for confirming my suspicions R'man! where are all your male counterparts these days anyways....???#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GS - it's OK, i could have elaborated a bit more..........#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby rubberman » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:41 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#BT it leaves more women for me and after all I am a tough old bird and not very easily scared off by a lot of feminine discussion or topics.&nbsp; I believe that DarkesAngel left for an opportunity to&nbsp;be a working student with Armand and Birgit Volkenborg.&nbsp; I also suspect that Shetan is busy with her studies although she did make a post a few weeks ago.&nbsp; KBOC also makes a surprise visit every now and then as well.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
rubberman
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby chenders01 » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:41 pm

babytigger wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#thanks for confirming my suspicions R'man! where are all your male counterparts these days anyways....???#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I think he booted them all off.&nbsp; He wants his very own harem #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Shetan has posted on and off in the Western forum over the past month or so.&nbsp; Last we heard, she was horse-shopping.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#A harem...lol too funny chenders! And BT? I'm in one of those moods today...my blonde moments :P#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Next

Return to The Lounge