Our "MIAs"

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Postby babytigger » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:24 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#see chenders - ask & you shall receive eh?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#start wondering where all the MIAs have gone, and they start creepiong out of the woodwork....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#promise - glad to hear things are well, same for you HH!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#who else needs to reappear?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby geldinggirlie » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:15 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I am Here!! I am Here!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#IM is having issues of posting here with her personal life and it getting in the way, I'm still trying to remember how to get ahold of her, I miss Spidey#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I saw a post from EQ a few weeks ago. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Speaking of MIAers, I went up and visited all the barn horsies and girlies last week, had a blast, we went out and the owner of the restaurant we went to PAID OUR BILL!! it was excellent.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I miss riding :( I hate this growing up thing!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
geldinggirlie
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby babytigger » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:30 am

geldinggirlie wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#IIM is having issues of posting here with her personal life and it getting in the way, I'm still trying to remember how to get ahold of her, I miss Spidey#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#this is exactly why IM needs ot try to post here - can't she get to an internet cafe or something......???? IM we miss you & spidey!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GG - nice to see you about - we knew you were here somewhere!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:36 am

babytigger wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#see chenders - ask & you shall receive eh?
#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I feel so...powerful LOL!! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Seriously, it's nice to see some "oldies" again (not that you're "old" Geldinggirlie...but ya know what I mean, right?).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I hope that Infinite Mystery is doing okay.  Anyone remember that HUGE, LONG thread last year, when she was having problems with her SO??  Wonder what ever happened with that??  Wish she'd get back on her and update us all!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby EatMyDust » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:10 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#whos this syder your all talking about?did you say she got kicked off the board? how?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby graciespook » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:26 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#EMD--on the general forum, there is a post by Babytigger, something like "I rode today" and it explains it there. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Kaleena » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:43 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#EMD - but when people refer to IM (Infinite Mystery) and spidey they are talking about IM's avatar - She had a dancing spiderman that was very cool :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby *Giddy Up* » Wed Nov 09, 2005 3:01 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I miss IM too! I used to see her occasionally at the barn, but she's no longer riding the horse she was...so I haven't seen her in so long!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As for SunnySideUP- I saw her this summer at a horse show. She says she lurks, but they (her and her daughter) have the new horse and she's going through a move. But she is good and well- I talk to her daughter occasionally on msn. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
*God forbid I go to any heaven where there are no horses*
*Giddy Up*
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Lix » Thu Nov 10, 2005 9:49 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Just thought of another MIA - anyone know where Shelley is these days?  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Lix

Postby graciespook » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I haven't seen her either! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby babytigger » Thu Nov 10, 2005 10:15 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#i thought i saw shelley sneak a post the other day.........#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#GU good to know SSU is good.........tell her to come back if & when she can!! as for IM....we'll have to send out a search team - she's almost as bad as elvis!!!!!!!!lol!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

I'm here!

Postby Sunny Side Up » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:46 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I do pop in from time to time, but to read only.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I stopped posting right after I made the decision to give up one of my horses, Sunny, who my username is in honour of.  Sunny suffered from severe heaves and was so sick I was ready to put him down, when a wonderful lady found me and asked me to let her take him to see if she could bring him back to health.  Fast forward to more than 5 months later and Sunny is off all medication, he is riding sound (walk and a bit of trot only, mind you) and being spoiled rotten by his new mom.  Thank God for her.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As Giddy Up advised, I have a new horse now and I am very busy with him. He's a 3-yr-old Clyde/TB cross and will eventually be a low-jumper (or maybe cross-country).  He's coming along well in his training on the flat, but we want to hold off starting him over jumps until just before his fourth birthday.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's it in a nutshell.  Thanks for remembering me - its nice to be missed.  #ed_op#IMG src="/richedit/smileys/classic.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sunny Side Up
Groupie
Groupie

Postby graciespook » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:54 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Congrats SSU! I'm glad things worked out well for you :D#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby chenders01 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey, SSU!!  Sooo glad to hear from you again.  I'm really happy that Sunny got a new lease on life and is in a situation that is working out really well for him.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I lurk on The Tackbox and I remember you posting there when you got your new boy.  Do you have any pics of him to share?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Happy to hear from you again...and ya know, just because you got rid of Sunny doesn't mean you can't continue posting here (not sure that I'm getting your logic on that one)  #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Thinking/3.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#In any event, thanks for checking in and letting us all know how you've been.  Have fun with your new horse (I'm sure you are!).#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Sunny Side Up » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:05 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hi again Chenders!  No logic really, just that it was a real sad time for me (I also gave up my daughter's older horse around the same time).  At one time I posted quite a bit on all three boards - EMC, EC and TTB, but now - not so much.  But I still read.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Here is a pic of our new boy (but I'm not sure its gonna work - it looks enormous on my screen):#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#(edited to delete this honkin-huge pic)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by Sunny Side Up on Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Sunny Side Up
Groupie
Groupie

Postby chenders01 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#If your pics are in Webshots, you can just post a link to your *public* album.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#OR you can download the pics right into a post.  I use Photobucket and then just click on the button that looks like a mountain (beside the smiley guy with the Santa hat on) then cut and paste the pic from Photobucket.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Would love to see your new horsey!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:12 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey, SSU, nice to see you. Glad to hear that Sunny is doing well and that you have a new horse to enjoy!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Sunny Side Up » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:12 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#See, I screwed up somewhere:  what if I pm you with the links and you post them - I'm computer-challenged.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sunny Side Up
Groupie
Groupie

Postby chenders01 » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:25 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm not very computer-savvy either.  I posted them but they are HUGE (I can never figure out how to make them smaller).  Maybe if you post the links, someone can re-size them and make them smaller.  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
chenders01
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Sunny Side Up » Thu Nov 10, 2005 3:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Okay, here are the links:#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/Sunny15/MarengoJess2.jpg"#ed_cl#http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/Sunny15/MarengoJess2.jpg#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#A href="http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/Sunny15/MarengoJess1.jpg"#ed_cl#http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v646/Sunny15/MarengoJess1.jpg#ed_op#/A#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Sunny Side Up
Groupie
Groupie

PreviousNext

Return to The Lounge