You Know You Have Reached Middle Age If...

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

You Know You Have Reached Middle Age If...

Postby Cheryl » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:07 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#UL#ed_cl##ed_op#LI#ed_cl#You've come to the annoying realization that your parents were right about almost everything. #ed_op#LI#ed_cl#A gardener cuts your grass even though you have a brand-new lawn mower in the garage. #ed_op#LI#ed_cl#Now that you can afford front-row seat at a rock concert you can't imagine why anyone would want to be there. #ed_op#LI#ed_cl#Your baby pictures are in black and white. #ed_op#LI#ed_cl#Your prescriptions refill number is programmed into your "speed dial." #ed_op#LI#ed_cl#You have Christmas cards in the mail by December 1st. #ed_op#LI#ed_cl#You've stopped worrying about hair loss and started worrying about memory loss. #ed_op#LI#ed_cl#You own more electrical appliances than there are outlets in your home. #ed_op#LI#ed_cl#You've named your eyeglasses by the activity they permit you to do. #ed_op#LI#ed_cl#Some of your mortgage payment actually goes against the principal. #ed_op#LI#ed_cl#You have more frequent-flier mileage than mileage on your car. #ed_op#LI#ed_cl#You vividly remember the day the price of gas went over one dollar a gallon. #ed_op#LI#ed_cl#You're looking for a new home with the master bedroom on the first floor. #ed_op#LI#ed_cl#The waitress at Denny's points out the "senior specials" in the big print on the back of the menu. #ed_op#LI#ed_cl#Your tattoos have folds. #ed_op#LI#ed_cl#You have trouble falling asleep at night in a dark room and a comfortable bed, but can easily nod off any afternoon while driving seventy miles an hour on the freeway. #ed_op#LI#ed_cl#You remember having to get up and walk across the room to change channels on a television set. #ed_op#LI#ed_cl#Your computer has more memory than you do. #ed_op#/LI#ed_cl##ed_op#/UL#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Ok, that is enough of that - now I am depressed!#ed_op#BR#ed_cl##ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
I lift my margarita and drink a salute to Marty, Quarter Horse Extraordinaire, Most Pleasant Packer, Companion To The End. May his suffering be little, his passing be easy and may we find each other again, drawn by love and kindred spirit.
Cheryl

Postby babytigger » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:16 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol cheryl - too funny!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Brianna » Tue Nov 08, 2005 1:36 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You vividly remember the day the price of gas went over one dollar a gallon. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#6000bf#ed_cl#--- Don't feel bad, Cheryl...I'm not middle-aged,but I do remember this one...lol. When I first got my license, I remember bargain hunting at 75 cents a gallon!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Brianna
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby graciespook » Tue Nov 08, 2005 2:12 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Too funny! I should send those to my mom, and really make her day! #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Teasing/12.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby Ruth » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:24 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Boy oh boy, I do resemble some of those remarks! Gawd.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby cadence » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:34 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Ick!!  I've started taking Ginkgo Biloba because I'm afraid my memory is starting to become MIA sometimes!  Like, I forget the keys to my house in the barn and have to walk there, then forget why I was in the barn for or get distracted by something else that needed paying attention to ... walk back to the house, oh yeah, the keys!  Dang it! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You know it hit me like a ton of bricks when I over-heard a doctor dictating his report stating "this middle-aged 36-year-old woman came here because . . " #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm thinking - WHAT?? Middle aged at 36????????  What is he thinking!!!? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patience! Practice! Persistence!
cadence
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:37 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, I personally feel that at 36 I am a mere pup. NOT middle-aged!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby cadence » Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:40 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yeah, but a pup who has her brains firmly situated in her head, with a good dose of common sense and a couple ounces of wisdom that seemed to be missing at 18  LOL #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Patience! Practice! Persistence!
cadence
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Ruth » Tue Nov 08, 2005 5:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#True, true.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby BarnBratCSA » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:16 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hehe, Cadence, I hope the things you mentioned arent a sign of memory loss, b/c if they are I'm in trouble!  I forget things like that all the time.  The other morning I had to go back in the house twice - once because I forgot my lunch, and then my cell.   At 21, I surely hope I'm not losing my memory already! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BarnBratCSA
Groupie
Groupie

Return to The Lounge