Letter from Grandma

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

Letter from Grandma

Postby Trufflemaker » Tue Nov 08, 2005 7:22 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#This came into my email today, and I thought you might enjoy it...#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Got a letter from Grandma the other day. She wrote:#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#The other day, I went up to a local Christian bookstore and saw a "Honk If You Love Jesus " bumper sticker.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I was feeling particularly sassy that day, because I had just come from a thrilling choir performance, followed by a thunderous prayer meeting; so I bought the sticker and put it on my bumper. Boy, I'm glad I did!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#What an uplifting experience that followed! I was stopped at a red light at a busy intersection, just lost in thought about the Lord and how good He is...and I didn't notice that the light had changed. It is a good thing someone else loves Jesus, because if he hadn't honked, I'd never have noticed!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I found that LOTS of people love Jesus! Why, while I was sitting there, the guy behind me started honking like crazy, and then he leaned out of his window and screamed, "For the love of GOD! GO! GO! JESUS CHRIST, GO!"#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#What an exuberant cheerleader he was for Jesus! Everyone started honking! I just leaned out of my window and started waving and smiling at all these loving people. I even honked my horn a few times to share in the love! There must have been a man from Florida back there, because I heard him yelling something about a "sunny beach"...#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#I saw another guy waving in a funny way with only his middle finger stuck up in the air. When I asked my teenage grandson in the back seat what that meant, he said that it was probably a Hawaiian good#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#luck sign or something. Well, I've never met anyone from Hawaii; so I leaned out the window and gave him the good luck sign back. My grandson burst out laughing... why even he was enjoying this religious experience!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#A couple of the people were so caught up in the joy of the moment that they got out of their cars and started walking towards me. I bet they wanted to pray or ask what church I attended, but this is when I noticed the light had changed. So, I waved to all my sisters and brothers, grinning, and drove on through the intersection. I noticed I was the only car that got through the intersection before the light changed again, and I felt kind of sad that I had to leave them after all the love we had shared; so I slowed the car down, leaned out the window and gave them all the Hawaiian good luck sign one last time as I drove away.#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Praise the Lord for such wonderful folks!#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#P#ed_cl#Grandma#ed_op#/P#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby zooka » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:03 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hehe that was good#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Trufflemaker » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:11 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#oh good! I thought I might have offended people... #ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/24.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby zooka » Tue Nov 08, 2005 9:14 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#lol I was not offended but I can not speak for everyone.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:57 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Very cute! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby BarnBratCSA » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:10 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hehe, I thought it was cute! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
BarnBratCSA
Groupie
Groupie

Postby babytigger » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:50 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#LOL TM - very cute!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby MacnRio » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:28 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#hee hee, thats good!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby tbbrat » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's a good one!!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Meddle not in the affairs of dragons - for you are crunchy and taste good with ketchup!
tbbrat
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Pilgram » Thu Nov 10, 2005 4:43 pm

haha i read that in my email a while back still gets me everytime.
BORN TO RIDE--FORCED TO WORK
When riding you borrow freedom!
Live well,Laugh lots,Ride often.
**Apples are so over-rated~ A Horse I know**
Pilgram

Postby ~*Pony Luver*~ » Thu Nov 10, 2005 7:29 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I've heard something like that but that was by far the best version!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Some of us are like wheelbarrows, only useful when pushed and easily upset.
~*Pony Luver*~

Postby graciespook » Fri Nov 11, 2005 8:38 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My contact list enjoyed that ;)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Return to The Lounge