May need a new home for a Puppy

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

May need a new home for a Puppy

Postby ~Cnigh~ » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:52 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#Hi Guys,#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#As the title says I may need a home for a puppy.  Sophie is a pure bred registered Golden Retriever (female).  She's 12 weeks old and a total sweet heart.  My parents purchased her from a breeder, but she is just too much work for my mother.  My mom's in her 70's & not in the best of health.  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#I am taking the puppy for now and I hope that everything will work out with her in my home, but hubby is making it very clear that he does not want another dog.  We already have a 1.5 yr old Lab x Border Collie.  #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#It was a total shock when I brought Shade home.  Hubby really didn't want a dog at all, but I have always had them until I met him.  When I brought Shade home, he fell in love with her (even named her).  I don't want to rock the boat and mess up Shade's life.  Right now my husband is amazing with her, which still shocks me since he was horrible to my cats, and won't even consider visiting my horse!#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#Anyhoo, I would like to know if anyone in the Hamilton area may be interested in her.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
To ride or not to ride................?
What a stupid question!!!
~Cnigh~
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Kaleena » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:55 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Hey Cnigh,#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#She sounds lovely, what kind of $ are you looking to get for her? hows her housetraining going?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My bf and I have a 12week old yellow lab and are loving it, the bf mentioned last week about how he wants another one so I'll mention to him tonight about this little girl, can't hurt :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby graciespook » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:00 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Too bad you're not in Ottawa. We want a GR so bad! We have been thinking of adding a second dog to the mix, and this little puppy sounds perfect. *sigh*#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby jax » Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:30 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Have you contacted the breeder about a home for her?  Sometimes they have waiting lists of folks looking for a puppy.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
<b>Practice makes progress</b>
jax
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby ~Cnigh~ » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:26 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#Not looking for $$ for her, just a really good loving home.&nbsp; I'm hoping that my Mom &amp; Dad can&nbsp;visit her once in a while.&nbsp; My parents are heart broken.&nbsp; #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#The pup is mostly house broken.&nbsp; I would say about 85% at this point.&nbsp; The problem is my Mom keeps missing the pups signals to go outside or keep the pup outside long enough to do all its business.&nbsp; This sunday was the first time&nbsp;that the pup was aloud loose in the backyard - hehe, I insisted.&nbsp; My Mom treats her like a&nbsp;china doll that she doesn't want to break or get dirty.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#I plan to work with the pup all weekend to improve her house training.&nbsp; She listens really well and learned to sit for me in under 5 minutes.&nbsp; She just needs someone who is knowledgable in puppy training.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#I should also mention that she has been wormed and has all the puppy vaccintaions.&nbsp; Also comes with her toys and crate.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#As for giving her back to the breeder, its an option, but my parents would rather choose the home for her than lose track of her.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~Cnigh~
Newbies
Newbies

Postby babytigger » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:38 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#she sounds adorable cnigh......but i have no room or patience for puppies (2 kids &amp; hubby....they strech my patience to it's limits!!)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#good luck finding somewhere for her, i'm sure something will come up!#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby ~Cnigh~ » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:09 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#Haha, BT I'm the exact opposite.&nbsp; Taking care of my animals keeps me sane after caring for my 2 boys and hubby.&nbsp; I'm really hoping that hubby accepts her.&nbsp; But I thought I should at least be prepared just in case I really can't keep her.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~Cnigh~
Newbies
Newbies

Postby ~Cnigh~ » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:10 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#Oops double post.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~Cnigh~
Newbies
Newbies

Postby cnd_cowgurl84 » Wed Nov 09, 2005 11:32 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Cnigh- PM me... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Thanks#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
cnd_cowgurl84
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Elizabeth » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:20 pm

We will be looking for a Golden when we move to Cobourg in January. I know that is a long way away from where you are so that may be an issue. I could talk to hubby about taking her before we move. We have our name down for a Rescue Golden but she sounds like a sweetie. If you have no luck finding a home for her please let me know. We used to breed Goldens and have had quite a few over the years. She would have a super home with two cats for company (who both think they are Goldens!!).
Elizabeth
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby cnd_cowgurl84 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 10:50 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Cnigh- how did the weekend go??? did the puppy grow on your hubby??? #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
cnd_cowgurl84
Newbies
Newbies

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 14, 2005 11:25 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Yes, very interested to know! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Postby ~Cnigh~ » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:08 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#My mother decided to give her another week to see if she can handle her.&nbsp; #ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#I went over on the weekend and worked with them.&nbsp; It isn't so much the pup as my mom's anxiety.&nbsp; I told my mom to let the pup out for 10 - 15 mins every hour.&nbsp; She is a smart girl and knows that the potty is outside.&nbsp; Sometimes my mom forgets about her though and that's when the accidents happen.&nbsp; Poor pup gets so upset at messing in the house she vomits, which gives my mom two messes to clean up.&nbsp;Add that to the cat rebelling by&nbsp;using every&nbsp;inch of the basement as its kitter and its no wonder that my mom almost had a breakdown. &nbsp;I told my mom, not to scold her since she is so sensitive.&nbsp; She just needs a routine like any other baby.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl#I will let you guys know if I get her next week.&nbsp; Hubby refuses to even think about having two dogs.&nbsp; Although if anything&nbsp;my mom&nbsp;should keep the pup and get rid of the cat.&nbsp; He's a nasty animal that is always biting her when she goes to pet him.&nbsp; Personally I would have punted him accross the room the first time he tried to bite me - but he's my mom's baby.#ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#FONT color=#438059 size=4#ed_cl##ed_op#/FONT#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
~Cnigh~
Newbies
Newbies

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:17 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Well hopefully things will work out...the baby stage is so hard and we're now (at our house) going through the rebellious teenager years. I can't wait until she hits two and things settle down! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby Kaleena » Mon Nov 14, 2005 12:38 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Glad your mom is giving her another chance, hopefully it will work out for them both :)#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#As I mentioned we have a 12 week old yellow lab and boy is she a handful! But I knew having a puppy would be work so we are trying to enjoy it lol. She actually slept throught the entire night the last two nights in a row, a huge first! We can leave her for about 3.5 to 4 hours at a time now during the day without her having an accident which is a huge improvement from the 30min when she was only 9 weeks old. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#We go by the motto, "A tired puppy, is a good puppy" so Hannah gets LOTS of outside time running and playing with either us or another puppy friend when we are home. She comes to the barn with me and we walk around the edge of the hay field (about a 20min walk) everyday after work, since I started doing she has mellowed out quite at bit in the evenings and will sit and chill with us while we watch TV instead of tearing around the house like a mad puppy lol.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Good luck to your mom (and you) :) Hope it all works out. Let us know how its going, I'm sure someone here would be able to help find her a home if need be. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:54 pm

graciespook wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;I can't wait until she hits two and things settle down! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that's what i always thought about my guy.........but he's almost 5 now, and showing no signs of becoming a slowpoke......sigh.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#some dogs just don't slow down at all.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby graciespook » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:57 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know--my dad's border collie for instance. Its nuts, he's obsessive compulsive. I think Gracie will settle down, it will just take time. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Postby cnd_cowgurl84 » Mon Nov 14, 2005 3:59 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#at the barn i used to ride at there was a border collie cross and she too was CRAZY.... she really had issues in the head.. but i still loved her anyways... #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
cnd_cowgurl84
Newbies
Newbies

Postby Cheryl » Tue Nov 15, 2005 12:57 am

graciespook wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I know--my dad's border collie for instance. Its nuts, he's obsessive compulsive.&nbsp; #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#&nbsp;#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My one border collie is compulsive but older now so he is easier.&nbsp; The other one has just turned one year old.&nbsp; Seeing as I do flyball with both of them I sure hope she doesn't slow down lol.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Cheryl

Postby Eileen » Tue Nov 15, 2005 8:53 am

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#inquiring minds are wondering how the puppy situation is going....can mom handle it.#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Next

Return to The Lounge