bunnies are found!

Talk about anything that catches your fancy, not necessarily horse-related. Just sit back, get comfortable and chat with friends.

Moderator: EC

bunnies are found!

Postby Happy Appy's » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:21 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Went out to feed the horses last night and the bunnies are missing. There is no sign of a struggle. They were there in the morning. I'm thinking someone took them but my husband thinks they climbed out of the pen. Can bunnies climb?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Last edited by Happy Appy's on Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Happy Appy's
Groupie
Groupie

Postby pmc » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:33 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#How high was the wall of the enclosure?  #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Don't know how good bunnies are at climbing, but ours could leap four feet quite easily from a sitting position.  We called those "Happy Hops"...#ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys//smiley2.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
pmc
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Happy Appy's » Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:45 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#the wall was about 2.5 feet tall but the bunnies were baby dwarf bunnies. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Happy Appy's
Groupie
Groupie

Postby draftdriver » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:00 am

Could someting have jumped in and taken them? So sorry.
draftdriver
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby Happy Appy's » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:09 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I have the chickens in the same area and they were fine. There was no blood. That was the first thing I looked for.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Happy Appy's
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Kaleena » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:14 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sorry to hear about your bunnies. If their cage was wire then they definitely could have hopped/climbed out. We have a make shift cage for our bunny with chicken wire and he can climb up the side using the wire no problem. Sometimes he hops half way up and climbs the rest of the way. We have to keep a lid on his cage now.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Happy Appy's » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:22 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#My kids are so upset. I just hope that they don't find any bodies around.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Happy Appy's
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Kaleena » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:39 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#You never know, if they did just escape, they might come back or you'll see them living under a bush or something and be able to catch them. We have a domestic bunny gone wild living outside our building at work. We figure he got loose (or set free) from one of the houses near by. He hangs out under the trees by our window during the day because we leave food out for him, not sure where he goes at night but he made it through last winter and still looks good.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Can you leave their cage open with some food left out for them in case they come back?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Kaleena
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby babytigger » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:47 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#awww HA - that sucks! yes, bunnies can climb somewhat...or they may have jumped & struggled & pulled themselves out...but for all of them to vanish - that's a bit weird........#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Horses do think. Not very deeply, perhaps, but enough to get you into a lot of trouble." - Unknown
babytigger
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: there's no place like home! there's no place like home!

Postby Happy Appy's » Wed Nov 09, 2005 10:52 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I'm having trouble beleiving that my daughters bunny climbed out, let alone jumped. He is just too lazy. My oldest sons bunny though, I can see him jumping or climbing out. He was the daring one. But to have all 3 disappear in one afternoon, I don't know about that. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Happy Appy's
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Eileen » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:52 pm

#ed_op#TABLE id=HB_Mail_Container height="100%" cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=0 width="100%" border=0 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#TR height="100%" UNSELECTABLE="on" width="100%"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD id=HB_Focus_Element vAlign=top width="100%" background="" height=250 UNSELECTABLE="off"#ed_cl#It does seem strange that all three bunnies are missing....I can see one bunny getting on the wire fence and his weight pulling it down enough for him to waddle across it and make a break for freedom....but all three...this is spooky, do you live anywhere Ruth and the other poster that was having strange things happening in their barns....there must be an epidemic of "strange behavior" going around#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#TR UNSELECTABLE="on" hb_tag="1"#ed_cl##ed_op#TD style="FONT-SIZE: 1pt" height=1 UNSELECTABLE="on"#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV id=hotbar_promo#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#/TD#ed_cl##ed_op#/TR#ed_cl##ed_op#/TBODY#ed_cl##ed_op#/TABLE#ed_cl#
s.w.ontario

The only horse one can truly trust is a dead one!!!
Eileen
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby MacnRio » Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:58 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That is very weird...... You'd think the chickens would've caused a ruckus if something had gotten in with them and the bunnies.... Maybe they decided to go on an adventure.....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
The more I know about men, the more I like my horse(s)

On the first day God created horses, on the second day he painted them.
MacnRio
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Postby EatMyDust » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#*sigh* I used to have a bunny....my dog ate him :(...srry to hear about yours...maybe they were late for a very important date hehe#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
EatMyDust

Postby Happy Appy's » Wed Nov 09, 2005 1:09 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I live 2 east of Toronto. Right off the 401. Where do they live?#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Happy Appy's
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Trufflemaker » Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:06 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Have you read Watership Down? Maybe your bunnies were freed by a roaming band of freedom-seeking rabbits. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby zooka » Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:48 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#that is too bad about the bunnies.  It seems very odd that they are all gone though....#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
zooka
Friends Of EC
Friends Of EC

Postby Ruth » Wed Nov 09, 2005 5:32 pm

Trufflemaker wrote:#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Have you read Watership Down? Maybe your bunnies were freed by a roaming band of freedom-seeking rabbits. #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/7.gif"#ed_cl##ed_op#IMG height=43 src="http://forums.equestrianconnection.com/richedit/smileys/Happy/7.gif" width=23#ed_cl##ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl# #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#I loooved that book as a child, I think my sister and I were the only kids on the block who played Watership Down instead of "house"! My mother used to eat rabbit, but hasn't touched it since reading that.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#No, you're not near me. I agree, it kind of sounds like theft of bunnies, but if they were dwarf babies I would think it's possible they could be eaten without a trace of evidence.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl##ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Sorry to hear that.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Ruth
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

they've been found

Postby Happy Appy's » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:18 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#They have been found, now I just need to catch them. I was thinking fishing nets.#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
Happy Appy's
Groupie
Groupie

Postby Trufflemaker » Wed Nov 09, 2005 7:19 pm

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#That's good news! So Hazel, Fiver, Bigwig and the rest of the gang did not get away with it...#ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
"No one can teach riding so well as a horse."
C.S. Lewis, "The Horse and His Boy"
Trufflemaker

Postby graciespook » Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:48 am

#ed_op#DIV#ed_cl#Glad to hear that you found them!! #ed_op#/DIV#ed_cl#
graciespook
Uber Poster
Uber Poster

Location: It may be that your sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others.

Next

Return to The Lounge